1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Marc Stein] Houston Rockets could join Chris Bosh chase

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ctry2582, Jan 8, 2010.

1. herro

herro Member

we're better off holding onto Brooks and Landry and finding an answer at the 2

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

And how did it hurt you exactly? If you want to argue fine, but all the large font yelling is about as rude as you can get.

Those are fine too, but when you basically call others stupid for not knowing the cap, or even CARING TO KNOW IT....and brow beat them because they are just speculating on people they would like on the team, it becomes compulsively innane.

1. I like VSpan - still do, but never liked him as much as people like you who exaggreate to the nth degree to make a point - feel free to go back and read my many posts about it, it was ALWAYS about Rafer sucking and finding out whether VSpan was part of the future. (and please post links to avoid the inevitable out of context rebuttal)

2. Wafer - fits a need, thought his tweet was interesting considering we just looked at him two weeks ago and Morey has publicly said they are keeping track.

3. I don't hate Trevor Ariza, I hate the way he is playing lately...if you can't stand criticsim then go join a website that celebrates oragami and stop being such a panzy.

I mean seriously...whining about others OPINIONS.....is extremely lame......what ever happened to sticks and stones may break my bones etc....

Everyone here is a ROCKET fan....(well most everyone) and even if they have bizzare likes, or wants, or desires for the team, so what? I guess you are the self appointed capologist and scenario decider....lol.....

Which is funny because no one knows what Les and Morey are going to do, it is fine to say "History shows" or "That is doubtful" but your going over the top to mock people is tired, it is old, and IIRC, it is what got you banned in the first place.

Mayhaps you should take a lesson from your own history?

To be fair, I got a time out for my VSpan and JVG obsession....which is probably where all this started for you......me not liking JVG as the Rockets coach.

Heck, you and a few others make it a point to follow me around like lost puppies and nitpick.

I really like most of your posts, when you are not trying to be an arse...

DD

#462 DaDakota, Jan 9, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2010
  3. jogo

jogo Member

In my opinion, you definitely take a shot at a superstar like Bosh. Giving up Landry is a no-brainer, much as a I like the guy. Bosh becomes clearly our best player this year, and 2nd to Yao next year. That combo would be great.

I don't want to lose Brooks, but if that's what it takes then I think I'm willing to pull the trigger on giving up Landry and Brooks. Salarywise, it looks like Toronto will have to take Tmac. If that's the case, I bet Morey has some surprise "throw-ins" that he'll take back from Toronto who will turn out to be pretty good.

4. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

I decided to come up with something.

Trade 1 for Chris Bosh: http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yk4bb9e

After the trade for Bosh, we do one of these two trades:

With Philly/Sacramento: http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yga7qzo

With Philly/Portland: http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yzu3msx

Then we sign Wafer.

Our lineup with the first two trades:

Brooks/Lowry
    Iggy/Wafer
    Ariza/Budinger
    Bosh/Landry
    Speights/Hayes/(Yao)

With the first and third trades:

Brooks/Lowry
    Iggy/Wafer
    Ariza/Young/Budinger
    Bosh/Landry/Young
    Hayes/Bosh/(Yao)/(Pryzbilla)

Thoughts?

What do you guys think?

5. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

I don't think I thought the Portland trade all the way through though. We'd probably need to throw some picks, and a player to Portland.

6. DaDakota

That is interesting, the only worry I could see Toronto having is that they would be in the same boat for Landry next year, as he would be an unrestricted free agent.

From the Rockets side, it makes a ton of sense......at least player wise, we would still need to get more $$$ of the books to avoid taking on more of a lux tax hit, but maybe that could come in the form of a McGrady buyout, or trade.

Not bad, IMO.

DD

7. Classic

Classic Member

Yeah, I don't think it's bad at all especially if you can do something with McGrady's contract and get a Martin/AI/Granger talent and then pick up some additional front court help and then sign wafer. It will be an interesting next month. Teams in the red going nowhere are going to get antsy...

8. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

In my opinion, people keep on overrating Brooks, the guy is a 5'10 scoring point guard with avg. court vision(his ceiling at best is a poor mans Jason Terry)....his numbers are inflated this year because of the lack of scoring we have in the starting line up(thanks to Hayes & Battier).....We need to trade him this year while his value is still high.... :cool:

But again this is just my Opinion.....I actually like Lowry over Brooks, B/c Lowry is both younger and bigger at 6'1, and can handle bigger guards in the post....

I like it but replace Ariza with Battier, Ariza at 24 yrs old can still develop into a great asset for a possible move down the road....

--RB

9. DaDakota

People like:

Jeff Van Gundy
    Phil Jackson
    Rudy Tomjonavich
    Greg Popovich

And pretty much every other teams announcers who gush about Brooks and his game changing speed and skills.

;)

DD

10. Yak

Yak Member

It's not that they follow you around in every thread, it's that you're IN every thread.

HIYOOOOO :grin:

11. DaDakota

Yes true, but I am not in every thread focusing on one poster. There are several people on this board that do nothing but follow me around and nitpick.....

Just watch how often I post something in a thread, and the DD haterators come out.

True, I am in most threads...I like to talk Rox.......think it is fun.....try to be respectful....

I think it rankles some folks.....oh well.

DD

12. wallyj12

wallyj12 Member

I think its ridiculous that people are using the "What has Chris Bosh ever Won?" argument. Has the guy ever been in a position to actually win? NO! Look at all the teams he has been on, they are all terrible!

What has Kevin Garnett ever won? Most of his T-Wolves years were stuck in mediocrity because he didn't have a cast, once they gave him one...BOOM...they are making deep playoff runs. Look what happened when he joined Boston with Pierce and Allen, won a championship!

I think people that say "X is not a winner, just a stat padder" just look at the stats and don't ACTUALLY watch their games to evaluate THEIR talent. Chris Bosh is a very very talented player, give him an opportunity to succeed and see what happens. Guys can't win championships on their own, nobody is that good except for Michael Jordan and Kobe Bryant.

Oh and last time I checked, Chris Bosh HAS won something...a GOLD MEDAL in the OLYMPICS where in the semi-finals and Gold Game alone led the United States in rebounding.....

13. wallyj12

wallyj12 Member

Let's be real...you are in EVERY SINGLE one of them

;)
    WJ

14. PeppermintCandy

Battier would be an excellent bench player for the Raptors. He would do wonders for their defense.

15. DaDakota

If the Rockets are willing to take the risk of taking on Bosh when he is an unrestricted free agent, they must really believe in the guy or have some inside into how many teams are actually going to have a shot at spending big $$$$ this offseason.

I would go after Bosh, but would want to hold onto Brooks in any deal.

Everyone else could go.....just whichever assets Morey needs, but please keep our PG that is averaging 18.5ppg in only his 60th NBA start.

13 out of 22 on the front page.

DD

16. Illegal Machine

Bosh and a healthy Yao at the 4 and 5 would be the exact opposite of our team this year.

Our frontcourt would grow by about 2'.

DOO IT!

Yao and Bosh matching up with Bynum and Odom. Or Damp and Dirk.

I like.

17. J.R.

J.R. Member

Were you same people saying the same thing about Pau Gasol!? (That he wasnt a winner and couldnt do diddly squat?)

From Hoopsworld but I agree with it(regarding Bosh):

I know they have KB24 but I'd like to think Pau had something to do with it.

18. thacabbage

thacabbage Contributing Member

The only thing more illogical than the "what has x ever won?" counter-argument is the use of aggregate stat totals of two players to conclude superiority over another player. I guess we really did miss out on that Rony Seikaly/Glen Rice haul in '92, huh?

19. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

No question, Pau had a lot to do with it. I want Bosh if we can't be CP3. Bosh is a better fit for us teamwise than even Amare. He has more range, plays better D, can spread the floor, and can handle a little bit. He is a better fit for us at the 4/5 than Amare would be.

However, having said all that, we still need a more dominant perimeter presence, either a Kevin Martin or a Iguodala type. Or even a McGrady type re-signed at the minimum after he is bought out by whomever we trade him to.

20. thelasik

thelasik Contributing Member

DD is the same poster that wanted Clutch to ban BranJ17 who first posted that Von failed his physical. Now DD is getting all whiny for posting random trade scenarios without first checking if they are even possible. Ironic?

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showpost.php?p=4973744&postcount=416