1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Marc Stein] Houston Rockets could join Chris Bosh chase

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ctry2582, Jan 8, 2010.

1. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Trading Lowery, Scola, or Chase would be okay with me, but to include A. Brooks or Landry for Bosh would be a bad move. Especially those who are saying to trade both Brooks and Landry for Bosh. Bosh is likely leaving Toronto so why give up so much for him? Toronto has no leverage here.

2. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Zero chance that we wind up with Iggy, CP3 and CB4 but I'd like trade too haha.

3. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Just kidding. I'm not sure there is a stat. I know there is a difference between a double team because you're a turnover box and a double team because you're killing us. Unfortunately, there isn't a stat.

4. Charles Jones

Charles Jones Member

kill this rumor!!!!!

[​IMG]

5. Grizzled

Grizzled Member

I think leebigez has it right. Toronto is quite deep. They don’t need a bunch of guys. They need the right guy, and Colangelo isn’t afraid to gamble. Yao is the only player I see him trading Bosh for, and he would be a good fit in Toronto for a number of reasons. I’m not completely up on his injury situation but depending on the risk Colangelo may want some draft picks thrown in as well. I think there’s also a chance that Jack would be available to go with Bosh, but Toronto would probably want a PG in return as well.

1 person likes this.
  6. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

I wouldn't mind Morey trading Brooks or Landry but if he were to part with BOTH of them Bosh better be signing an extension the minute he steps off of that plane at IAH. This isn't a Randy-for-hire year/situation by any stretch of the imagination.

Scola/Cook/Ariza or Battier should get it done. An expiring contract and two starters who brings the Raptors what they don't have--rebounding and defense

7. RocketMania1991

Yao For Bosh

We have a ton of cap room for next year

8. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Toronto is not a deep team. They might scoff at the players we might offer but they are by no means a deep team.

9. gotsis

gotsis Member

Yeah, if there is a deal out there for bosh it would be better to use landry in the trade then brooks.

10. Grizzled

Grizzled Member

That may be part of the thinking. Houston many be able to go after another name FA with the rest of their cap room.

11. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

The rest of what cap room?

12. RocketMania1991

As much as I love Yao having the huge cap room for 2010 would be awesome.

It's just hard to build/rely on a guy who is never healthy and nearing the age of 30.

13. Grizzled

Grizzled Member

Bargnani/Rasho/O’Bryant
    Bosh/Amir Johnson/Reggie Evans
    Hedo/Wright/Weems
    DeRozan/Belinelli/Jack
    Calderon/Jack/Banks

14. Grizzled

Grizzled Member

The rest of that ton of cap room RocketMania1991 was talking about.

15. Carl Herrera

I assume we are gonna keep Bosh, who will make what Yao would have made next season, back to square one with the Myth of the Rockets and the 2010 Free Agency, no? Show us how the "ton of cap room" math works.

And if Yao is doomed to be injured, why would Toronto give Rockets Bosh for him?

Another one of those "Our guy sucks, so lets trade him for someone better but lets not even worry about the other team's motivation" kind of garbage.

16. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

Maybe Morey has a trade-for-Bosh-and-then-let-him-and-Tracy-both-expire then sign a Lebron or Wade up his sleeve.

17. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I could be wrong but if you trade Yao for Bosh, then let Bosh expire..you still have his bird rights but there is no cap hold on him, so you get the $$$ off the books from McGrady expiring (about $8 million) and the $$$ off the books from Bosh/Yao....about $14 million....which gives you about $22 million to spend.....

So you could sign someone like Wade etc......for $15 million.......resign Bosh for $15 million (putting you back over the Lux Tax line) but not as much as taking on someone like Dalambert, and not at all if you trade someone like Battier for a trade exception....

Interesting, if I am doing it right, probably should ask Bima or NikeStrad...to be sure....

DD

18. Grizzled

Grizzled Member

I don’t mean to speak for RM1991, but I’m assuming he was looking at Sham’s page and thinking along these lines. It’s a bit of a guessing game what the cap will be next year, but let’s say that it drops by $2 million. That would mean that the Rockets would have $12 million to spend if they picked up all their options. That’s a decent chunk of change right there, but with another trade or two and perhaps by declining some options they could move that number up quite a bit more.

Who says Yao is doomed to be injured? I follow the Raptors a lot more than I follow the Rockets these days, btw. I’m a Canadian and there are just a lot more Raptors games on TV here than Rockets games.

19. Carl Herrera

http://members.cox.net/lmcoon/salarycap.htm#Q30

EXCELLENT WELL RESEARCHED POST! REPPED REPPPED REAPPED!!!

#419 Carl Herrera, Jan 9, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2010
  20. Lumix

Lumix Member

Are you alright there?