1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Knicks' Walsh Meets McGrady's Agent

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RudyTBag, Jan 8, 2010.

1. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

Yes, but only missed games DUE TO INJURY.

McGrady is healthy enough to play. Plus, since the team dismissed him, even if he tore his ACL tomorrow, I doubt the insurance company would pay unless another team trades for him with the intention that he play in basketball games.

Bottom line: Les Alexander and the Rockets have extracted the last dollar they're going to get from insurance on McGrady's contract.

2. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

and some second round picks
    Morey is spinning gold with them 2nd round picks

Rocket River
    not like the knicks would pick well with them anyway

3. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

You know this...how?

4. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

5. realmustang

realmustang Member

Insurance is no longer paying T-Mac's salary. Insurance only pays for games missed due to any injury that keeps him from playing at all. The Rockets are not playing him because he's injured, they're not playing him because he doesn't fit in with the team. So no, insurance is no longer paying his contract.

6. realmustang

realmustang Member

Morey gave T-Mac's agent permission to speak to other teams about trades so if you don't like it, blame Morey.

7. DunkingDavid

DunkingDavid Member

She-mac
    Knee-mac
    Me-Mac
    T-lady
    Stacy
    Stacy-Mclady
    T-slack
    T-back
    Stacys knee has got an injury

DD

1 person likes this.
  8. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

The 300 links posted on here suggesting that dealing McGrady will be tougher than most think coupled with multiple reports of NY having interest MIGHT have something to do with it. Of course, I can't help those that haven't been paying attention.

9. meh

meh Contributing Member

You know, normally I'd just dismiss any Knicks trade rumor as pointless. But with the Rockets going after Bosh, amazingly enough the Knicks trash suddenly may not be so detrimental.

Of course, this is predicated on the fact that NY has AT LEAST one player the Raptors want in a trade. But from a salary standpoint, taking on an extra year of Curry or Jefferies isn't a big deal when you don't need capspace.

10. blathersby

blathersby Contributing Member

I'm telling you (as I mentioned in the random trades thread), T-Mac for Lee/Curry/Duhon would be awesome.

1.) David Lee now gives flexibility in dealing with Scola/Landry. Who to re-sign/trade at the end of the season is a nice luxury. If you want to keep Scola, you can trade Lee. But since Lee is, essentially, a younger Scola, you've got that too.

2.) Duhon expires this year. That's a nice chunk of change off the books -- just enough to re-sign Lowry and Scola (using part or all of the MLE) and stay under the cap.

3.) Curry would sit at the end of the bench or be waived, but he's a big, fat contract that expires in 2011. That + Yao's expiring contract means Houston can be major players in the Kevin Durant-athon (which happens just after Truck Month).

4.) Having Lee also gives the Rockets a trade chip for Bosh. Including him in any deal with Toronto gives the Rockets young talent to send back to Canada.

This also means New York doesn't give up too much: they get McGrady, a player D'Antoni likes; they get his contract, something Donnie Walsh likes; and they don't have to give up more than Lee and some garbage (McGrady would pretty much play in Duhon's place).

11. supa

supa Contributing Member

David Lee cannot be traded without his approval and he will not likely be approving any trades as he loses his bird rights.

12. joesr

joesr Member

doesnt sweepstakes mean they are interested in after the contract is up?

13. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

How would either Chandler or Galinari fit on our team? Does Chandler play defense? I've heard Galinari doesn't. I'm not imply that either of them are on the trading block.
    Apart from these two,Harrington and Lee,the rest of the team is garbage. How will taking up Curry's contract or Jeffries' effect us in the short/long term?

14. TimBly15

TimBly15 Member

lol i second that

15. blathersby

blathersby Contributing Member

But that makes no sense. He has a 1-year contract that he was given because the Knicks want cap space. If they're not going to re-sign him and go over the cap (which they won't), he wouldn't be using his Bird rights anyway. It makes NO SENSE to veto a trade to a team that would most likely give him a multi-year deal (especially if that team is in the playoff picture).

16. supa

supa Contributing Member

Might not make sense but it is so. Unless Lee is traded to a team under the cap and given assurances he will be getting the $10 Million/year multi-year deal he will veto the trade. He is holding out for a sign and trade from the Knicks next summer

17. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

You can't have all-stars at every position. All you guys that say the Knicks suck and by implication their players also haven't been watching lately. They've won 11-16, 3 straight and held teams under 100 points for the last 13/15 games. They're playing good ball, don't be surprised if they walk away with a win tomorrow. Gallo is unbelievable, I would love to get the guy in a Tmac trade even if you have to give them Scola or Lowry.

18. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

I'm skeptical the Knicks won't sign him, he is as good a FA as you can get not named Bosh, James or Wade. He's worth 10M, why rebuild when you have a piece on your team already. I predict right here the Knicks make the playoffs this year, I've been impressed with how they've playing lately.

19. Francis 4 ever

throwing stones in glass houses

20. Francis 4 ever

oh no a new DD :eek: