1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

On 2nd thought Tracy McGrady might be able to help us

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Big Dogzz, Jan 8, 2010.

1. melvimbe

melvimbe Member

Giving Tmac a fair shake? That don't owe him anything more then the contract money. I don't understand the arguement that the Rockets somehow did Tmac wrong. This implication that the Rockets have to play tmac to be fair to him is silly.

He signed a long contract so that he would continue to get paid in case of injury or declining production....both of which has happened alot.

And the Rockets didn't quit on tmac, he quit on them, repeatedly. In the last case, RA decided that he wasn't helping the team right now, so no PT. Same reason why Taylor doesn't see the floor. Tmac is the one who said that wasn't good enough and left the team. He requested a trade.

I don't trust Tmac. He has continual promised one thing and done another. So, if the Rockets decided to let Tmac have his way again, and we win a few more games, do you honestly think the drama that's gone on for years will suddenly end? Tmac won't get injured again. Tmac won't ever have issues with RA again. Tmac won't complain about PT again. Tmac will play within the offense. Tmac will play defense. Tmac won't quit on the team. Tmac won't complain to the media. Tmac won't request a trade and put the Rockets in a bad position.

When tmac is on another team, it's either going to be as the best player (one of anyway) on a crappy team...and he won't be happy. Or he'll be a role player on a good team...and he won't be happy.

Honestly, if a miracle happened and Tmac and the Rockets do make happy and he plays again, the best though could happen is he signs early with another team. I just can't see any reason to believe Tmac will ever be the player we need him to be.

2. Salvy

Salvy Member

Havent we all made mistakes in the past before? at a job or at school?.... And I bet we all wanted a chance to try again and make up for it...Even at your current job, if you know you can perform better then a co-worker who just got a raise and advanced to a higher position just because they are buddies with the boss. Wouldnt that make you feel bad?... We need to stop assumption on Mcgrady's heart and go by what we saw. And we saw T-Mac working hard to come back and help his team. He was also well behaved and went along with everything coach said. We all pretty much saw he could still pass and score yet his minutes never went up even on a night when he was the best player on the court. The topic is old, but since we will evaluate every single part of it in detail for years to come we might as well sit back and try to make it interesting. Hope yall also know that unless the player coming in is Kobe, Wade, or James we will always be comparing them to T-Mac and how T-Mac when 100% was better.

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

This is like Tmac anonmymous.

Hello my name is Tmac....

"Hi TMAC !"

LOL - the dude made his bed, he made his choices, the team made theirs.

Maybe he gets a chance to resurrect his career elsewhere.

DD

4. Salvy

Salvy Member

And if he does DD? I know he is gone, I am not in denial and nobody should be. But the problem here is what IF he does. Isisnt a player like T-Mac what we need most right now instead of Trevor... Sure we all want a player with Battier's brains and defense with Kobe's skill and Lebrons size who can pass like Steve Nash and is by no means worried about his numbers or himself just the team. All players will have defects...

5. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

Tracy's ship has sailed, its all a mute point now. People need to get over it, he's gone and he ain't coming back. He's a trading chip for the rockets now and nothing more.

6. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Good for him then.

It will be more than likely next year, and the Rockets had no incentive to wait.

This game has a lot of players, from Morey to Tmac to Adelman, but the biggest player in the whole saga is the contract.......

The fact that it is expiring makes decisions more black and white, if Tracy had another year, they would be playing him to get him back.

But, it is what it is....he is not going to play for the Rockets, his fans need to cheer for a quick trade for the good of everyone involved.

DD

7. Salvy

Salvy Member

Hey I agree, I do defend T-Mac but I am not a T-Mac fan.... I am a Rockets fan, and I cant wait for a trade to happen so some fans can start healing wounds with who ever comes in (assuming he a star caliber player) and replace the Mcgrady most of us loved at one point. We need a scorer, and a guy who can change a game at will but I guess we just dont know what the future holds. This might be the best thing in the long run, like another poster said in a thread. Sometimes winning is loosing big time. I was hurt when Francis left for T-Mac but at the same time I knew T-Mac was better and could bring better years, he did. Now its time to move on and continue to grow...

8. bbjai

bbjai Member

we are never going to get equal value (I hope Morey proves me wrong) for him so I don't know how this is going to turn out beneficial for us. Lets not mention this "Development" year should mean we should be tanking it to try and get Wall

9. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Sure we can....we get equal value to what he is today...or better but we may have to take on some bad contracts to do it.

DD

10. melvimbe

melvimbe Member

I don't recall T-mac ever admitting he made a mistake. Nor do I see any player on the Rockets getting more PT because they're buddies with the boss. He did not get along with the Coach and do everything asked. He tried to use the media to force the Coach to give him more PT.

And why is it unimportant to remember that RA only played Tmac 8 minutes in part for his health reasons?

11. HowsMyDriving

HowsMyDriving Member

reading Tmac threads on clutchfans is like watching a high school kid trying to break up with his first girlfriend. Every day there's a new thread pining to have him back, cuz "we can make it work" or "we don't know if we'll find anyone better" or some other garbage reason why he should be on this team and in the rotation. Cmon yall, grow up and realize that she's bad for you, she doesn't like you, and she's just using you for your money. kick her to the curb!

12. bbjai

bbjai Member

I honestly think we should just let him expire, in fact as much as I hate losing I see no reason for us not to try and get to the lottery for this season. There is literally 0 chance we will win the NBA championship this year. There is no need for us to take bad contracts for the sake of him. Let him Expire and Let him be

13. cuneo77

cuneo77 Contributing Member

why could he play in garbage time? oh well, i think the 8 minutes would of eventually been increased had not everything gone down that weekend

14. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

This team needs a SG who can shoot, get to the rim (and finish) or both. McGrady does neither.

15. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

During the peak of the McGrady civil war I was on the pro-McGrady side of things and even I have to admit that playing him now is simply not a possibility. Not because it doesn't make sense from a schematic sense but because we're well passed the point of no return with him in Houston. You don't tip your cap one way by saying you're focusing your efforts on trading him and then turn around and do the exact opposite. Mid-February is going to be here before you know it. Whether he gets moved by that point or not -- he's a goner and nothing will change that.

16. DunkingDavid

DunkingDavid Member

You sir are a freaking genious

17. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

he's not healthy enough to play at the level at which is expected of him.

he tried he failed

18. daernoth

daernoth Member

Sorry but Ill take an 80% Tmac over Ariza anytime. I dont care if he b****es about minutes, behaves like a princess, whatever. At least I know he isnt likely to fumble the ball while trying to take someone off the dribble.

Ariza may have a 5 year contract but that doesnt make him "the future". Adelman will eventually see the light and have him riding the bench. Sadly this probably wont happen till next year considering the speed at which he makes most adjustments. RA is one stubborn man.

At the very least, START CHASE ALREADY! jeez!

19. Salvy

Salvy Member

You keep on thinking 7 minutes was due to his health, go ahead......
    If T-Mac would not have been healthy then he wouldnt have been even close to the court. Why do we keep treating the coach and Morey as saints who tried soo hard to give Mcgrady a chance when its pretty clear and we all know coach does not get along with Mcgrady. Maybe and hopefully this does turn out for the best but its clear Mcgrady wanted another shot to play and as he said many times, help the team win. But keep on thinking Mcgrady only played 7 minutes because he was not healthy.

20. t-mac_#3_SG

t-mac_#3_SG Member