1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

On 2nd thought Tracy McGrady might be able to help us

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Big Dogzz, Jan 8, 2010.

1. abc2007

abc2007 Member

You are right. But, it seems the rockets have made the decision already.

This is a tragedy!

2. Big Dogzz

Big Dogzz Member

I guess the reason I came out and said this now rather than way before is because I don't believe it has to be over still. Let's face it he doesn't have the right type of trade value as we speak and honestly I don't know how much better than the 6th to 8th seed we can do. And hell right now he has no choice but to rehab and prepare anyway (which I know being a contract year he is definitely doing) so maybe by the all-star break (when they originally planned on him returning) maybe even after a good showing in the all-star game (leading vote getter by slim margin still) there could be a change of heart. I don't know man I'm just hoping cuz I don't want to ever go into anything saying great we made the playoffs. It's all about the championship each and every year. And having a healthy T-Mac gives us the best shot.

3. Crudder

Crudder Member

Here's my take on the situation and there are a few things to consider about it. First, I don't think Ariza will ever reach the talent that Tmac has so there's no use in wishing he eventually develops it. However, I do believe that Tmac right now could be no worse than the Ariza we are currently seeing on the court. At least with Tmac, we know he has handles and can pass.

The unfortunate thing is that he does appear to need the ball to do well...now, I can't be sure if this is a result of playing with players that could not create their own shots in the past or he just really needs the ball. Personally, I think the Rockets are what you consider a cinderella story in that no one expected them to do well, but they are. However, if you all have noticed in the past, those stories always come to an end eventually. I don't think this team, as interesting (frustrating) as they are to watch sometimes can achieve much...there just isn't enough talent and Ariza does not increase the talent pool by much.

4. Big Dogzz

Big Dogzz Member

And also guys let's not forget that in the year of our 22 game win streak 10 or 12 (I don't remember exactly) of those games were done without Yao Ming. Meaning the Tracy McGrady led Houston Rockets (which were far inferior in talent maturity wise) made it happen. I'm just saying let's not forget the good that easily either here.

5. DunkingDavid

DunkingDavid Member

2 words Development Year

6. Big Dogzz

Big Dogzz Member

This is about as well put as I could have put it. This is exactly my opinion but in presented in the best of ways. Thank you bro!

7. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

If it were a development year, Joey Dorsey and Jermaine Taylor would be playing.

8. pdewalt

pdewalt Member

2 word: Lame Excuse

9. pdewalt

pdewalt Member

It's late. ;)

10. Quiksilver

Quiksilver Member

Indentation is not required if you have a break between each paragraphs.

11. Cosmonaut

Cosmonaut Member

rockets really messed up with tmac

they should of either played him and started him once he got healthy and then see how he went by feb then traded or keep him to sign him to less the next year.

orrr they should of not played him at all and let insurance pay for most of his contract, atleast maybe his expiring contract might of been worth more.

12. T FOR 3!!!

T FOR 3!!! Member

organization, sorry...

13. Mr. Space City

At this point, 08-09 Tracy Mcgrady with a bad shoulder/leg shot the ball better from the field, arc, and ft line than Ariza right now. Tracy also had more assist and committed less turnovers than Ariza.

Adelman say Tracy does not fit our system but ironically imo Ariza is the one that does not fit the system. Tracy is a better ball handler, passer, playmaker, scorer than Ariza.

I personally think Tracy could have worked but he's gone so whatever

14. topfive

topfive CF OG

Tracy McGrady might have been able to help us, but we got stuck with T-Mac the Former Superstar, who's more of a hindrance.

15. MambaJoe

MambaJoe Member

Comon DD, let the man give out his opinions. No one stop you from saying what's in your mind so just let him and give him some respect for his courage to talk about Tmac, especially in this harsh environment of Tmac's haters and Von Wafer's lovers.

I respect this thread and I agree with the person who came up with this. Tmac on one leg is much better than Ariza any day. Tmac on one leg can still make smarter decisions, better passer and can handle and protect the ball way better than Ariza can.

Why not try giving Tmac 20-25 minutes a game to see how he do. I mean, the Rockets are struggling enough without a star player and a distributor, why not let him integrate himself back into the lineup. I mean, I know this team is doing well but right now, everything seems to backfires.

What I mean by that is that now all the teams in the league are not taking us lightly as they were in the beginning of the season. They know that we're can be a threat if they take us lightly. Well, it don't take much to uncover the Rockets weakness.

So why not just put Tmac into the lineup and he can help revitalize some of our offense. Tmac can actually create havoc just because of his passing ability and his presence. Now that other teams are not taking us lightly, adding a Tmac will actually change everything up. Now not only that they will go against a team full of hard working pit bulls, but they will have to cover and worry about a Tracy McGrady.

I rather have the ball in Tmac's hand and let him create something other than Ariza. Rick's offense is great but sometimes when the defense shut down the plays, we just need someone who can just create something right off the bat.

I hate to lose Tmac this way. After all the things he's done for this team. Even though he had his playoffs failures, he was good enough to cover up this whole team weaknesses. He made a lottery bound team into a contender basically when coming to Houston. Why not give him a chance and just see what happens. I mean, what is the worst that can happen. If it doesn't work out, then bench him and tell him that he's not ready yet. Its simple. Its better than not trying at all.

Something tells me that once we trade Tmac, he will explode again into an all star player. I just know he is capable of that.

16. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

T-Mac was a good player, before his health got the best of him.

We need to put him out of his misery, and get rid of him.

Old Yeller was a good dog, before his health got the best of him.

It's lucky for T-Mac, we can trade him instead of using a gun.

[​IMG]

17. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

what was your 1st thought?

18. meh

meh Contributing Member

Why do people care about a player who has

1. ZERO chance of returning
    2. Requires the team to adjust to him because he will never adjust to the team
    3. Can go down yet again with another injury at any moment
    4. Only wishes to play in a way that maximizes his FA value(i.e. not team-oriented)
    5. No longer has the ability to score efficiently
    6. No longer capable of playing defense
    7. Never cared to play defense before and isn't about to now

If there is a player who is the exact opposite of what this current Rockets team is about, his name is Tracy McGrady.

19. Zombie529

Zombie529 Member

TORONTO GAME- T-Mac is no longer a Rocket! He does not care about this team. The only thing T-Mac wants is a new contract. I don't doubt that he is going to play hard but as soon as things aren't going his way he is going to be the same T-Mac of last season.

Trade his ass! He is the one who asked for it in the first place. When was the last time Rockets fans had a chance to potentially see an all star caliber player come to Houston via trade mid-season? Go with flow. Morey is a good GM and Adelman is a good coach.

The rockets are far better than anyone expected. So what If Ariza "sucks." Enjoy the excitement this team brings and the anticipation of the trade deadline!

20. Steve_Francis_rules

It doesn't matter if he could help the team if he was given the opportunity to get into game shape (during which time he would certainly cost the team some wins). He's gone. He's not playing for this team ever again. Accept it.