1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets Fans Overseas Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Aussie_Fozzey, Jan 7, 2010.

1. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

my recollection is that we have a pretty sizable amount of overseas fans from way before Yao. If I wasnt on a dialup atm, I would look up one of the many "what country are you from?" threads that have been started over the years.

I could be remembering wrong, but from what I was told the 93 Finals were the first ones to be broadcast live, and we gained alot of fans from then.

2. Aus_Rocket

Aus_Rocket Member

Absolutely spot on, remember sitting at home watching the rockets for the first time in '93 and fell in love with them.

I'm in Melbourne by the way!

3. IndoRockets

IndoRockets Member

I'm a rockets fan born in Indonesia, that is currently studying at Brisbane, Australia.

I stayed in Houston when I was 1 year old till 7 years old. (1988-1994)
    Got the chance to watch the Rockets once at the summit. I was still 5 years old by that time, and barely remember the atmosphere. But I remember it was during regular season against New York (Hakeem vs Ewing). I really want to go back and watch the rockets!!

4. Turpis

Turpis Member

Kumanovo, Macedonia (Europe)

Rockets Fan since 1996

5. NotInMyHouse

NotInMyHouse Contributing Member

LOL @ the Summit! Definitely an old-school fan :)

6. allforone

allforone Member

fan from china, right now working with 3 SW polythene process engineers from Houston. They are more of NFL fans, but sitting besides them makes me feel like being in Toyota center, not booing or chanting though.

started watching NBA since 1994 as our TV station began to televise all-star games since the 80s. And have to admit Yao made me a rocket fan ,as i was more obsessed with the game itself.

After all the ups and downs and roster changes, gotta say the identity of being a rockets fan is so deep rooted that it's no longer about Yao or any individual, but the whole organization and each one of them

Love you all ,my fellow rockets and righteous fans(who dont randomly believe rockets are only good as their last game ) and may you guys all the best

probably i will never get the chance to watch a rox game alive, but that wont change even a bit of my rockets love

1 person likes this.
  7. gumbleton3

gumbleton3 Member

Victoria, Australia
    I've only started following NBA in the last 2 years and I choose Rockets cause I liked this fella called Tracy McGrady whilst I was playing Nba 08.

8. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

I'm from the exotic nation known as Canada.

9. FFz

FFz Member

Dominica!!

10. bratna8

bratna8 Member

Beautiful island of GUAM.

11. TMac'n

TMac'n Contributing Member

born and raised in Houston for about 28 years, now currently working and living on an island off the coast of Thailand

12. Will889

Will889 Member

Puerto Rico here!

Been a fan since the championship years.

13. RoxTurk

RoxTurk Member

Wow, thats the topic we need!

I'm from Turkey and we're working on a turkish rockets fan website in www.roxturk.com.

Love y'all Houstonians!

14. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

Over here it is Andersen's Rockets :)

15. davidxhz

davidxhz Member

China, Hong kong!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :p

16. sw847

sw847 Member

christchurch here

17. vcchlw

vcchlw Contributing Member

Hong Kong.

Awesome idea. It's certainly not easy to get a large group of ppl from different countries. But who knows? The world is getting flat.

18. mirror_image

mirror_image Contributing Member

me too, my dream is watching the Rockets in Toyota Centre. I've never been to US before.

19. Chinesexiaohai

Beijing,China. started watching rockets since 2002, when i was 11.

20. meh

meh Contributing Member

Currently in Beijing. Transplanted from Houston though, so not technically an overseas fan.

Surprised to know the Aussie fans knew of us from the Hakeem days. Those were definitely some good times to be a Rockets fan. :)