1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Najera...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Da Wink, Jul 21, 2002.

Tags:
  1. Da Wink

Da Wink Member

I was thinking of some free agents we could sign for. Suddenly I thought of Eduardo Najera. He could be a defensive gem for us off the bench. He can play SF and PF. He could be a good replacement if we traded or let Kenny walk. What do you think guys? This team needs to bulk up on DEFENSE and not on OFFENSE.

2. ron413

ron413 Contributing Member

Naja Who?

3. Drew_Le

Drew_Le Member

I'd love Najera. When i was listening to that year's draft, and heard we picked up Najera, i was so excited. Instead, we ship him off to a guy with more upside(Langhi) that ended up being a bust. Najera brings that tough guy attitude to the floor and he hustles more than anyone on the rockets. He's just a pure energy guy, like a Jerome Williams, something we definetly need. However, i think he's going to resign with Dallas, they know he's an important piece.

4. mfclark

mfclark Member

Cuban won't let him get away, especially because he's a restricted FA. Look for Dallas to sign him to a large contract, for a role player at least - probably a sizeable portion of the midcap exception.

But no matter - every team could use a player like Najera, yet they are few and far between.

5. MLC1MGC2ALC3

MLC1MGC2ALC3 Member

At this point KT is a more polished player than Najera. I too was excited when we drafted Najera, it was a good gamble taking Langi. It just didn't work out. It's OK Najera wouldn't have put us in the play-off. I like the intangibles that the "Hispanic causing Panic" brings to the floor!

6. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

The only thing we need right now is a backup SG. We don't need another SF and especially another PF.

7. LAfadeaway33

LAfadeaway33 Member

T-Mo can do what he does and he has some skills.

8. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I used to go to UT basketball games and sit right behind the net. One time Najera was inbounding a ball right in front of me. I told him these encouraging words, "Na-je-ra Sucks!", at the top of my lungs. That day Najera in fact did suck and continues to suck every day from that day forward. If Najera goes to the Rockets, then I will sit behind the net and yell more words in order to encourage him. This is my duty.

9. mduke

mduke Member

yeah, and you sure don't suck:rolleyes: And, if he DOES suck, then why does he make so much more money than you?:mad:

10. Panda

Panda Member

We don't need no more pfs. Najera can't play sf. He's a hustler, not a perimeter shooter.

11. bigboymumu

bigboymumu Member

No. Najera is not better than any of out pfs.

12. SooneRockStro

SooneRockStro Member

Najera abused UT everytime they played. I don't think I would be talking smack about OU players sucking against UT, which he didn't. I don't recall one bad game he had against yall. He had alot of BIG games against UT in his career. You should really wait until UT beats OU until you start talking trash. OU has won like 9 in a row now. We have scoreboard.

13. lalala902102001

Najera is a good fit for a team like Dallas, not for a team like the Rockets.

14. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

:mad::mad::mad::mad:
    I hate you bitter UT fans.

15. carlit0

carlit0 Member

Another waste of pick, for Dallas. He should be effective in the league one more year.

16. mduke

mduke Member

Are you out of your mind? He is a GREAT pick in the 2nd round. BY FAR one of the most successful 2nd round picks in a long time....What's your reasoning in saying he was a wasted pick and won't be effective?

17. ROCS4LIFE

ROCS4LIFE Member

Remember the Rockets pick him first, then traded him to Dallas for the always powerful Dan langhi. Anyways Najera hustles a lot, he made not score alot, but he does all the little dirty work. I say yes sign him to the Rockets and forget about Rashard Lewis. Lewis will ask for a lot of money that the Rockets don't have, and Najera will come in cheap.

18. mduke

mduke Member

as much as i love him, we don't NEED him. He wouldn't be used on our team, he's not better than Griff, KT, or MoTay......