1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

SAC @ LAL

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by BrooksBall, Jan 1, 2010.

Tags:
  1. adoo

adoo Member

your ignorance manifests itself.

as clearly explained by goodbug, with reference to the NBA rule book, catching the ball in the air then landing on one foot is not establishing a pivot foot.

ignorance kills

2. rockets_fanatic

Your stupidity shows. I have repeated it may be NBA rules but outside of the NBA it is not always the case.

Catch the ball with one foot on the ground that foot is your pivot foot. If in the air the first foot that hits the ground is the pivot foot. If both hit the ground at the same time, and you lift your left foot, your right becomes the pivot foot.

Now, if you lift the pivot foot it is a travel unless you are shooting. If you are shooting as soon as your pivot foot hits the ground it is a travel.

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

This is wrong, the first foot on the ground is NOT the pivot foot anywhere in the world.....

If you were a real coach you would know this already....or should.

DD

4. adoo

adoo Member

In this country, we have the NBA. under NBA rule, the act of "catching the ball in the air then landing on one foot" is not establishing a pivot foot. the second foot to touch the floor is the pivot foot.

it is obvious that you've chosen the George W. Bush / Sarah Palin approach, "dumb as I want to be". For your education, goodbug provides a good explanaton.

5. Shaud

Shaud Member

I see this argument is getting nowhere.

It doesn't matter they did not call the walk end of the story.

LeBron has taken 5 steps before and they didn't call it.

Why would anyone think they would call walk on Kobe in that situation is beyond me.

6. rockets_fanatic

http://www.fiba.com/downloads/Rules/2008/OfficialBasketballRules2008.pdf

Official FIBA Rules!

Go to page 28, 25.2.1, it states.

Official FIBA Rules.

That rule book is from their official website which is:

http://www.fiba.com/pages/eng/fc/FIBA/ruleRegu/p/openNodeIDs/897/selNodeID/897/baskOffiRule.html

You can keep reading and you will see everything else I said is also in there. you can lift your pivot foot only to shoot, hence why a lay-up is not called a travel.

7. postaboi713

postaboi713 Member

are some of yall actually arguing if thats a travel??? he didnt even have complete control of the ball till he gathered himself with two feet... and if the coach, staff, and players of the Kings are in point blank view and didnt dispute that his foot was out then i would take a wild guess that it wasnt...

8. twoface723

twoface723 Member

LMAO at the Kobe Haters reaching and bringing the rule book out. Let it go..
    LET IT BURN IN YOUR SOULS..

9. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I know. We can just wish the NBA Dish doesn't become ground zero like the GARM. Maybe the mods will set up a McGrady thread to dump everything.

10. rockets_fanatic

As I just showed, what the NBA considers a travel and what the rest of the world, (FIBA), considers a travel are two different things.

That is why I see what he did as a travel and everyone else sees it as not. However, once the NBA rules were posted I acknowledged that was true, but went to state how teh rule is different from the FIBA rules, to which everyone else said was wrong, since they live in the NBA bubble.

So the FIBA rules are posted and sent to those who need them.

The NBA changed the travel rule for entertainment purposes.

11. adoo

adoo Member

stop lying.

the NBA has never changed their rule on traveling.

12. rockets_fanatic

I hope you have widened your horizons to learn that the NBA's interpretations it he exception to the rest of the world.

Once the NBA rule was posted I change my argument from it being a travel to the rule being different to the rest of the world. So as I learned something new, you may as well.

Say thanks to em for linking you to FIBA Rules.

Oh, DD. Would you like to apologise for telling me for this false comment and for this insult.

:grin:

13. kikimama

kikimama Member

OH EM GEE, tell me why you hate Kobe so much? He didn't sign an autograph for your little brother? You can get him for the push off, MAYBE, but the that was not a travel. First you say he traveled, then when proven with facts from the official rule book, you say he traveled "in other parts of the world", which is just sad. Stop watching the NBA and watch your international heroes because we all know FIBA is the ultimate standard for the best basketball in the world. :rolleyes:

You are wrong on so many levels. You are interpreting the play using rules from another league. Don't you see how stupid you look? So would you start driving on the right side of the road in Japan because that's how its done in most of the world? I didn't think so, so stop pretending you are the center of the universe, Miss drama queen.

14. rockets_fanatic

No, I said he traveled, then the NBA rules were posted. I then went out to explain that according to the rest of the world it was a travel. So without spelling out I was explaining why my initial reaction was that it was a travel.

The reason I posted the FIBA rule book was because DD decided to say the NBA rule is the same everywhere and then insult my status as a coach.

15. rockets_fanatic

Oh just to add. When I'm insulted I like to give that clown a taste of their own medicine.

Just for everyone, I posted the FIBA rules because of DD's comment about how the NBA version is the same every where in the world. He then questioned my status as a coach.

16. goodbug

goodbug Contributing Member

Can you read? Even for FIBA rule, this is the rule applies.

▬ If both feet are off the floor and the player lands on one foot, then that foot becomes the pivot foot. If a player jumps off that foot and comes to a stop landing on both feet simultaneously, then neither foot is a pivot foot.

So neither foot is a pivot foot, but it's not a travel.

17. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

[​IMG]

18. rockets_fanatic

It doesn't say if you land on one foot, then jump and land on two there is no pivot foot.

It says if you land on one foot that foot is the pivot foot. Now if you land on both feet, neither is the pivot foot.

Gee you are on the ball tonight arnt you? Haha

19. goodbug

goodbug Contributing Member

If a player jumps off "that foot" and comes to a stop landing on both feet simultaneously, then neither foot is a pivot foot.

If you insist that's not the pivoting foot, can you explain what "that foot" is referring to here? And we all know if you receive the ball and land on both feet, you can pivot on either. Saying both ain't pivot makes no sense at all.

20. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Exactly.

It is a jump stop....

DD