1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Anyone notice brooks stormed off looking pissed after the buzzer?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tmac2k8, Dec 31, 2009.

1. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

Actually he is

i think though at one point in the third quarter kidd his 3 consecutive 'worst shots in the nba' a long 2 pointer with a toe on the line.

you would think he would know for sure if he was behind the line or not at least on the last two...though the rockets dodge 3 points right now

2. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

i liked that he did that - theres a certain degree of single-minded, emotionless, cold-bloodedness. the attitude of "scoreboard b****es, another day at the office...im out!"

he didnt stand there and yell at the refs mavrick-style - did his job, grabbed his lunch pail and hit the road.

3. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Wise words.

4. TimBly15

TimBly15 Member

Ah man it kills me when he puts the headband on

5. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Yep.

3 referees are hired for a reason. Not only to make the job of each official easier, but to assist each other in case of no calls or bad calls. When all 3 of them missed such an obvious foul, something is wrong.

6. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

Who made you the Rockets fan club president?

7. spankyou

spankyou Member

oh snap I just saw the replay and the guy holding Brooks back was my highs chool baseball coach, he worked at the Toyota Center so I guess he was trying to pull him over for some reporter, I also saw him shaking hand with Rudy T a few years back when he first come back to the Rockets arena after resining the coaching position for the Lakers. That's cool.

8. kawaiitokowaii

does anyone have the vid of brooks almost jumping over dirk in that last play?
    swear dirk was about to eat brook's man parts in that

9. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

I instantly thought the Terry no-call was a make up for not calling the push on Nowitski and then T-ing up Shane. I guess I was wrong.

10. Ketchup&Mustard

HAHA, exactly!

11. mw_mw

mw_mw Member

it's sad that we have to play 5 on 8 in our own building... no wonder Brooks' pissed :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

12. rkg84

rkg84 Contributing Member

I was in section 120 last night and it appeared to me that Dirk fouled Brooks hard on this play in the last minute or so of the game - you can see that AB is already leaning back because he is being clobbered by Nowitzki and Marion. I also remember a play on the other end just a few moments before this one where Shane blocked a Josh Howard shot and it was called a foul because of contact with his hip. Replays seemed to show that Shane barely brushed him if at all. Compared to this one that I was fortunate to take with my camera and which put Brooks on the floor, the calls seemed to be completely one-sided in the Mav's favor the last few minutes of the game. But in the end it was a very nice win and great seats, which were my birthday present from my wife!

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  13. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Congratulations on your first post in eight years.

14. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

Where's the contact?

Clean play by Dirk!

lulz

15. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

What pisses me off is that ref glaring at the play and still swallowing his whistle!

16. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

He had a New Years party at Link Lounge and needed to get ready ASAP. That's the only reason he rushed off the court, quick.

17. josh_is_white

josh_is_white Member

i was above the tunnel where the mavs went in and dirk was furious! i laughed but brooks wasnt mad i dont think, i seen him after the game n he told me happy new yrs

18. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Brooks is this year's Yao, he gets no respect from the refs at all.

DD

19. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

20. rkg84

rkg84 Contributing Member

Haha! Thanks! I just haven't had anything to say. I loved watching AB torch the Mavs for 30! Dirk followed through with his arm on this play, pulling Brooks to the floor, hard. I don't blame him for being angry. I've got lots of other shots from the game, many of which show that Dallas was just too slow to keep up with the Rockets on this night. They were usually reaching or running to get the shooter, but not getting there in time.