1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

my first and last t-mac hating post

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by wang69, Dec 29, 2009.

1. wang69

wang69 Member

seriously, tracy mcgrady has not evolved as a human being since entering the league. his old habits of being a selfish team-killer is rearing its ugly head again. first it was the inexplicable mid-season comment about "being excited about free agency" "going back to orlando would be nice" "at this point in my career, it's not about stats, it's win time (said the same things in houston in those seasons where it looked like rockets would make that leap, but they never did with mac playing)"

now he's sitting out because the team is taking its time re-mobilizing him after his major surgery. seriously, the team is absolutely overachieving right now with the personnel they have. why would they risk ruining that chemistry by rushing his return? obviously, tmac does not understand or care about "the secret" (for those of you who read bill simmons' book)

after five years of a emotional roller coaster ride (i experienced the gamut of affection and expectations for this guy: genuine excitement, crushing disappointment, unparalleled admiration, wavering sympathies, seething venom, and, ultimately, unfulfilled promises), it looks like the tracy mcgrady experiment is finally coming to a wrap in h-town. because of the highly publicized tantrum he threw, the rockets will get next to nothing for him (assuming GMs aren't r****ded enough to give back value to a player everybody knows his team is desperate to trade..... wait a minute..)

i have some fond memories of the tmac era. remember that pick-and-roll with yao that ended with a backbreaking buzzerbeater in game 2 of the dallas series in 2005? for me it was one of those cliche moments where i remember exactly where i was and how i reacted when it happened. i was at home nursing a sprained ankle, and i hollered and jumped up and down and did awkward high-fives with my asian dad even as i knew i was aggravating my ankle. nothing can ever take away from that moment, and at one point, tmac was my absolute favourite player in the league. (omg, i'm getting goosebumps and a knot in my throat typing this. no joke).

but for me personally, any hope i had for the tmac era ended definitively a while ago. i think it was the beginning of last season when he was making those premature attempts to return to the court before deciding on microfracture surgery (without notifying the team). i re-watched that immortal clip of his 13 in 35. i remember when it happened, it was a monumental moment for me as a sports fan. i was electrified that the team i was rooting for had such a legendary player. but this time when i re-watched it, it was still the same impressive and unique feat, but i no longer felt invested in its magnitude. as early as the beginning of last season, tmac already felt like he wasn't a part of the team. like a separate, floating entity.

and ultimately, that's the kind of player, that's the kind of person tracy mcgrady is. in these five years, houston rockets fans placed their faith and dreams on tracy mcgrady's shoulders. we thought we were riding shotgun, but all along the road, he was driving by himself, for himself. mac wants to go back to orlando? fine. he and vince carter deserve each other.

2. Gakatron

Gakatron Member

Thank God this will soon be over and we won't have a million threads on the subject. Seriously you can't add your opinion to one of the dozen T-Mac threads on the front page? Sorry but it really is getting annoying!

3. kaocsaephan

kaocsaephan Member

Please lock! Thanks!

4. thelasik

thelasik Contributing Member

LOL I think Clutch should create a temporary TMAC forum.

5. 11Rox4Life3

11Rox4Life3 Member

You couldn't have put this useless post in one of the other 200 T-Mac threads? It doesn't offer anything new, and it just adds to the clutter.

6. Pete Chilcutt

Pete Chilcutt Member

So you wont ever make a thread here again correct. Thanks!

7. devin23

devin23 Member

Damn, some of you guys are really harsh...

8. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Seriously OP, why can't people like you grow up and just post in an existing thread? There is nothing profound or original about what you said. It's a waste of space on page 1 of the GARM just because you want special attention drawn to your little 2 cents of an opinion. Everybody has 2 cents worth to say about McGrady but fortunately most are sensible enough to use an existing thread.

This is totally ridiculous. Anybody that starts another thread on McGrady with a silly OP like this one should be reduced to rookie for about 6 months.

9. Gakatron

Gakatron Member

A big sticky for all the T-Mac crap imo.
    Anyone who starts another gets perma-rook

10. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Member

Seeing as the T-Mac-only-fans made tons of their own threads, I don't see why the Rockets-only-fans can't chime in as well. Good job. There's a bunch of us here that felt the same way you did. We marveled at his ability and sympathized with him when CD could acquire no help for him and JVG could organize no scheme that would permit a reasonable amount of scoring from anyone but he and Yao. And then he started to hurt the team, and by translation, us. And like abused children we came to realize--this guy might not be the best thing for this team after all. You see that's the difference between T-Mac fans and Rocket fans. While T-Mac was taking his sweet time sabotaging the team's potential to go to the Finals last year, the Tracy fans felt no suffering, for it was not their team that was being stabbed in the back, nope, just some other team that did not have Tracy McGrady on it. Whatever, it's over now.

11. apollo33

apollo33 Member

because its becoming annoying as ****

12. T-Yao

T-Yao Member

what gives you the right to say if he's human or not? or saying that's the kind of person he is? do you actually know him? i dont think so. he probably don't give a **** what you think about him or the nba. you are just a fan, we are just a fan. they dont have to do stuff to please us if they dont want to.

13. IROC it

IROC it Member

Yao??

14. Yao#1

Yao#1 Member

Anyone who thinks Tmac has not evolved at all as a human being is flat out stupid. Look at what going to Darfur has meant to him and the cause he is lending his name to. You havent heard of any off the court incidents or legal problems with Tmac at all. Saying he is a bad human being is ignorant.

As for his comments about Orlando, that was hardly the worst thing he has said. Wade, Lebron, and Bosh have all said they are excited about having options this summer and evaluating their situations. Why wouldnt Tmac be excited about free agency when his team is giving him 7 min a game at the time. Everyone b****ed when they thought Tmac quit on the team, now everyone is b****ing when he wants to play more.

Like everyone has said, at least its over now. Let it go.

15. bloop

bloop Member

Dafur is about politics not about humanity. Your post makes about as much sense as saying anyone not sympathetic to the plight of the Palestinians in the occupied territories is not "human" and anyone who supports Israel is subhuman. It's politics.

That said, OP what are you smoking? Getting hurt or not living up to your expectations doesn't make someone less than human. Nor does not going along when your boss is trying to screw you.

Are you going to honestly say that Les Alexander, Morey and Adelman had Tmac's best interests at heart? This is Mcgrady's business, it's his job. According to you Tmac should subjugate his own interests to the interests of the team. That's r****ded.

Like Yao#1 posted, it's over. But there's no need to demonize someone as they're headed out the door. Tmac brought a lot of excitement to Houston, and for many years he gave everything he had. Most partnerships between teams and NBA stars do not end perfectly, you should appreciate the effort Tmac did give and wish him luck and Tmac should do the same

16. Yao#1

Yao#1 Member

Darfur is not about politics as far as Tmac is concerned. Its not like he has a political agenda and decided to use genocide in Africa as a way to further it. He went there and was deeply affected by the conditions in which those people live and decided to try to do something that might help.

Would you say Dikembe is more about politics then humanity. Yes, I know Tmac has done nothing to the level of Dikembe but the thought process behind the two is the same.

17. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Member

and if I may add makes the GARM nearly unreadable

18. Chiron

Chiron Member

Sadly we did not listen to those Magic fans! We lost some good years on this bum!

19. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

My idea. :mad:

20. Salvy

Salvy Member

The saddest thing about all of this is that the T-Mac will indeed depart but the threads wont ever stop, there will be the T-Mac scored 33 points should we have kept him?, the Haha look at Mcgradys's low fg%, the What if T-Mac would have stayed?... And so on and on.....