1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If Yao was in T-Mac shoes..

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by True Rocket, Dec 28, 2009.

Tags:
  1. OldSchool34

OldSchool34 Member

Yao wouldn't care. Yao's about as laid back of an athlete as you can ask for. I'm sure he'd request for more minutes, but I doubt he'll make a big deal about the way McGrady is. Regardless, Yao would never be put in Tmac's shoes because Yao was never a back-stabber for this franchise.

2. MrRoboto

MrRoboto Member

Yao would shut up and play. Yao would show it, not say it.

Yao would do what is best for his team - not what is best for Yao.

Yao is a man - not a punk.

3. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

yao would have never put himself in the position that mcgrady did.

yao would have never quit on his team on multiple offensive possessions, forcing his teammates to go 4 on 5.

yao would have never declared that the lakers were his favorite to win the title while his teammates were still in the playoffs.

yao would have never announced on his own that he was having season ending surgery w/out notifying the team first.

that is why yao, who has a walton-like history of injuries, will be welcomed back w/ open arms when he is healthy. unlike mcgrady, he is not a douche.

4. BaiHua

BaiHua Member

well said :cool: thumbs up

5. Chinesekid123

Chinesekid123 Member

Oh man. Did you actually here the inteview? I did. It's funny actually. TMac said the Lakers would win it all ONLY if they could beat the Rockets. But idiots reported "Tmac says Lakers will beat Rockets" and then morons quote TMac as saying the Lakers will beat the Rockets without actually hearing him say it.

6. Lumix

Lumix Member

Could he simply shut up his big mouth any time anywhere when there was a journalist there? It is their job of reporters to interpret and even twist one's words, but without saying anything how could a reporter do such a twisting on your tmac?

7. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

I think Yao would've kept his mouth shut, and he never would've questioned his coach...

8. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Naa, Rockets are just doing what Tmac was doing to them a year ago..

Besides, Yao only wears Reekbok, He wont wear Tmac's Adidas' stuff

9. PeppermintCandy

I don't know about Yao, but the media and fans in China would probably be calling for Adelman's head. No shoe contract for Rick. :p

Great. Now how about trying it in your own words next time?

10. devin23

devin23 Member

Couldn't have put it better myself.

11. Avicenna76

Avicenna76 Member

Yao would keep his mouth shut, go to the gym and improve his conditioning and work on his 3 point dunk.
    [​IMG]

12. roslolian

roslolian Member

He probably wouldn't complain. It gives him more time to powerlevel his Tauren warchief.

13. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

He would say the company line, not cause a scene...

and when no one is looking he would break out the

BOOM! Tough Actin' Tinactin!!!
    [​IMG]

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Pg1H9PBwLp4&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Pg1H9PBwLp4&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

14. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

Yao wouldn't act like an entitled idiot.

15. icewill36

icewill36 Member

any star player would just sit back and accept something like this for an extended period of time is not someone i want as a leader on my team.

if a guy plays six games with no ill effects, what is the harm in bumping his minutes up some ?

the fact is the rockets have handled this situation very poorly. why even play tmac AT ALL if this is what you wanted ? if they wanted to truly showcase, why the hell would u only play him 8 minutes max ???

how can anyone blame tmac for asking for more minutes ? if you are a talented player and your body feels fine, there is no reason for him to be held back. the fact is adelman just didnt want him around.

im truly shocked the way they have handled this and i dont like it at all.

16. t-mac_#3_SG

t-mac_#3_SG Member

I think he would've handled it like Tracy, Tracy fully listened to his coach and all, he never whined
    about getting more time, he just said that he personally thinks it's about time he gets more minutes.
    That doesn't mean he wouldn't listen to his coach if his coach said no, but his coach decided not only
    to decline him more minutes, but to sit him again. Who's fault is it really? T-Mac or RA? Think about it
    and you'll eventually understand. And to the people who were being sarcastic saying Yao's feet would
    hurt, Tracy wears TS Cut Creator's now.

17. engr_alex

engr_alex Member

we'll all know by next season wont we?

but im sure the rockets would handle it differently. they would probably play him 10-12mins a game for a few games and then increase it after a few games. they wont want yao asking for a trade later on or les is gonna fire ra and dm.

18. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

Yao would become Deke.

19. pppbigppp

pppbigppp Member

If Yao was in T-Mac shoes, he would complain the shoes don't fit.

Why would a gentle giant puts on a drama queen's shoes anyways.

20. slugyang

slugyang Member

I don't worry about how less time Yao get. I worry about Ad using him too much.