1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

[McGrady] Team & Agent Agree To Work On Trade

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tomato, Dec 28, 2009.

1. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

I'd rather take on Biedrins salary than Maggette's if Morey is willing to take on a bad deal. At least Biedrins is young and fills a need on this team. Maggette does not if Ellis is included in the deal (which would be a must IMO).

2. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

Well, Randolph and Ellis aren't too happy in Golden State right now. Plus, GS gets out of Ellis' big contract and get to start over with McGrady and Cook's contract (with a project player in Taylor). They are going to have to pay Morrow big bucks next year anyway.

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Maggette is shooting nearly 53% as a SF....just saying...what a contrast that would be to Battriza...

;)

DD

4. thewaterox

thewaterox Contributing Member

I'd hate to give up Brooks or Landry but if I had to part with Scola to get Ellis, Randolph, and Biedrins. We would get back great shooting and some actual lenght. Both big guys are a bit raw but have lots of upside to develop.

5. BATman81

BATman81 Member

Neither one of these trades would work. We can't bring in more players than we ship out. We already have 15 players.

6. raj87

raj87 Member

It would be wise for Darryl Morey to inquire about the services of Morrow. He would be a coup for the Rockets, paired with Yao Ming next season. Unsure how well regarded Morrow is, with the Golden State front office.

7. CJLarson

CJLarson Member

First of all....they'd much MUCH rather keep Ellis and Randolph than throw money to Morrow. They'll have no problem letting Morrow walk if it means they get to kepp those 2. Second....let's get real...this trade looks GREAT for our Rockets.....but GS doesn't get much at all. They break up their young core and start over with nothing basically. They get what....cap relief??? So you're telling me that the Warriors would trade their 2 best players for the future.....for cap relief???

8. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Like last year, Tracy messes things up and lowers his value by turning his possible trade into a "fire sale" scenario. Maybe we can trade him for Stephon Marbury and an old shoe.

9. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

No doubt. I just think that Monta Ellis is a legit first option scorer in this league and must be included in a trade with GS. If you bring him in it makes Maggette redundant as they both do basically the same thing. Biedrins, on the other hand, fills a need this team desperately has right now.

10. Rudyball

Rudyball Contributing Member

I would not let Carl, Brooks, Lowry or Scola go, but MattJ's trade with GS is the only one i have seen that interests me.

I am fine with letting Tracy rot out the rest of the year if any of the above has to be traded.

11. J.R.

J.R. Member

TOFs slowly head for the exits and the boards slowly return to at least halfway normal.

Can't wait til that first sit down interview T-Mac does with ESPN to hear all the "juicy" stories of how bad Rick and DM are, and how he was mistreated,etc.

Similar to this:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/pQKfqfN2k7U&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/pQKfqfN2k7U&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

12. SCOOTER T.

SCOOTER T. Contributing Member

Now Tracey has to find a stupid GM !!!!!!

13. logicx

logicx Member

And whose minutes are they going to take away so he can play? Realistically...

14. Mattj

Mattj Member

The Rockets can cut Mike Harris anytime they want with no real penalty. They have flexibility to take on an extra player in any deal.

15. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

16. DaDakota

Supporting Member

What about this:

Tracy Mcgrady to Utah

AK47 and Okur to Houston

We have a big expiring next year in AK, and we get Okur for 2 more years as a backup center with range?

Utah gets massive cap relief.....

DD

17. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

Morey has two options open to him and neither are good-
    a) A Trade, because Adelman has badmouthed McGrady and his abilityto play upto All star level so his value in the eyes of other Team Managers has been diminished, except that he might have a try out for a major contender.
    It is difficult to see Morey working his majic, although I hope he has something good up his sleeves!

b) Continue to ensure McGrady is paid his full salary and write him off our books at seasons end and hope to find a couple of young players with great potential, who fit our team to a tea. I would like to see our other first round pick from last off season developed, This will of course require an effort by our coaching staff. :p

18. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Ariza and Battier's......of course.

DD

19. TMac'n

TMac'n Contributing Member

Geez, this guy is going to bash the organization big time. TMAC = Basketball Diva 4 life