1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How good is the combination of Landry and Brooks?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by flippedfk, Dec 28, 2009.

1. flippedfk

flippedfk Member

Landry and Brooks are both having breakout seasons for our Rockets. How good can they become will they eventually be comparable to Utahs tandem of Deron Williams and Carlos Boozer.
    I think Landry is capable of becoming just as good if not better then Boozer. Brooks on the other hand will likely never be as good as D Will, but I do beleive AB is a top ten point.
    So what do you guys think of the Rockets Dynamic duo

2. thaGREATwall

thaGREATwall Member

You know I was just looking at some stats and think a good comparison for Brooks is Sam Cassell. I don't think Brooks will ever be a great facilitator (although he has gotten much better), but I think he can be every bit the scorer that Cassell was. This is why I love the combination of Brooks and Lowry. Everyone talks about Scolandry but Brooks and Lowry are dangerous. Just when the other team starts getting used to Brooks and his speed and scoring ability, then we bring in Lowry to slow it down. Dangerous combination.

As far as Landry, I definitely agree with the Boozer comparison. Few thought Boozer would become as good as he did. Boozer is a better defensive rebounder, but Landry has better athleticism. Also, their stats for their first three seasons are relatively comparable considering Boozer was playing significantly more minutes than Landry did his first two years.

3. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

I like Kyle Landry combo better.

4. MightyMog

MightyMog Member

I think if we had a chance to upgrade, we would.

Great players, but not real keepers if the price is right.

What I see is AB constantly gets his minutes taken by Kyle... and Scola is still starting. This tells me, they are reaping from the benefits of the system.

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

They are very good and could be all star good if they keep developing over the next year or two.

DD

6. raj87

raj87 Member

Carl Landry needs to improve his man defense, and develop more range out to the 3 point field goal line. He will be able to play the SF or PF spots with all those skills.

Aaron Brooks will never be as good as Deron Williams. Kyle Lowry is a more apt comparison.

7. BucMan55

BucMan55 Contributing Member

Kyle and Aaron play together quite a bit. Our lack of true 2guard has forced Adelman into playing Ariza/Brooks at the majority of the 2guard minutes.

8. thaGREATwall

thaGREATwall Member

What do you guys think about the comparison of Brooks to Sam Cassell?

9. Red Blue Blur

Red Blue Blur Member

brooks and landry don't play off of each other like deron and carlos do so well. as mentioned, i think the lowry/landry combo is much better

10. mgraye2969

mgraye2969 Member

me too they play good together

11. Depressio

Depressio Contributing Member

What about Carl Lowry?

Common ESPN mis-sayings.

12. RocketMania1991

They are good,but not good enough to build around and make a focal point of your offense.If they had another star to play with they would become even better.

13. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Sadly, the media will continue to call them Carl Lowry and Kyle Landry as long as they play together.

14. choujie

choujie Member

Cassell was way better. Not even close. The only thing AB has an advantage is speed.

15. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

I'm not impressed with Brooks but Landry seems to be improving at such a rapid rate that my view of him is constantly changing.

Landry seems very effective in tough situations and offensively his size is not a factor. He just scores so easily in the paint. It's very fun to watch.

16. OldSchool34

OldSchool34 Member

+1...Cassell's one of the greatest post up point guards to ever play. Brooks will never be close to All-Star level either if you ask me. Brooks reminds me a ton of Leandro Barbosa.

Lowry-Landry>Brooks-Landry

17. herro

herro Member

good enough to deserve long term deals with the team...

18. BeCoMiNgThEbEsT

MIP and 6th man ;)