1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's the WEST FINALS Game 3 -- Can the Timberwolves get back in this? Join us as we watch the NBA playoffs together...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Tmac vs Ariza

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Air Langhi, Dec 27, 2009.

?

Who would you rather play?

1. Ariza

69 vote(s)
    26.2%
  2. Tmac

194 vote(s)
    73.8%
  1. apollo33

apollo33 Member

you cant really say who would you rather play because, they can play together and Ariza can go back to his original role.

The only reason Ariza is struggling so much is because he is not kobe or tmac and he is trying to be one

2. kokopuffs

kokopuffs Member

i put him on ignore after this past week. and i gotta say that it's too bad you see their posts when people quote them.

3. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I think you are taking my posts too harshly. Perhaps I should use more smilies. :p Yes, I meant you were crazy like a fox, maybe the word "nuts" was too strong. :eek:

4. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

Purely from a basketball standpoint, anyone who's not blinded by their hate for T-mac would support the idea of giving T-mac more minutes at the expensive of Ariza. However, their hate for T-mac makes them willing to accept the piss-poor performances by Ariza.

However, it seems like management is done with T-mac as well. With Budinger injured, the only option is to play Ariza 38+ minutes a night. When Budinger comes back, a lot of people will be pushing hard for Budinger to play more minutes.

5. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Right now, McGrady is playing better than Ariza, but he doesn't elevate the Rockets to championship caliber. Also, it looks like his tenure with the Rockets is just about over. It makes sense to develop talent for the future.

In regards to potential trades, I don't think showcasing him will have an impact. His value is in his expiring contract, and his quality of play won't change that.

6. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

So you are saying that Adelman and Morey both know that the Rockets would benefit from playing McGrady, yet they won't? Or are you saying that they are blinded by their hate for McGrady?

Adelman's recent interviews would suggest exactly the opposite. He's afraid that McGrady will prevent the Rockets from playing the way they need to in order to be successful.

7. pigmeat

pigmeat Member

These threads are so frustrating. OK here is my take. RA should play Ariza RIGHT NOW and give TMac a small amount of time like he started doing. I don't fault TMac for being anxious to play. That's what Adelman said as well. It's just a sign that he still has that competitive instinct, but even so, I think TMac is being foolish to want to play more because he really needs to be careful not to get injured again, and throw all his hard work down the drain. RA is thinking about the long term. He wants TMac to wait to make a full recovery so that he can play in the playoffs and to his full potential. In addition, Adelman wants Tracy to fit into his system which has proven effective and he has to change his style of play. Tracy can do this. He has shown an effective ability to pass to his teammates in the few minutes he has played this season. He has struggled a little bit on defense but I believe this is due to him not being fully recovered. Either that or he is just skittish about reinjuring himself. But I think the main reason is because he is somewhat out of shape. It's hard to get into game shape without playing but TMac needs to be patient. Ultimately RA wants TMac back into his offense but he wants him to prove himself capable of being more team oriented and doing more on defense. It' sort of a psychological game and I believe TMac will adjust to please RA and ultimately because he wants to win a championship and play for the Rockets, more than he wants to have a scoring title. This is a different experience for TM. He is playing on a good team and for a coach which tries to utilize all the players. Ultimately this team could really benefit from having a healthy Tmac and RA knows this.

8. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

Ah, the good old "waaa waaa Adelman is a meaniehead to T-Mac."
    For cripes's sake, Adelman has a reputation as a player's coach and could handle Artest, yet you think he's being completely vindicative towards McGrady? Get a grip, man/

9. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

When have I ever talked about Adelman in my post. I was referring to the posters on this board. Management obviously have other reasons they are withholding T-mac from playing, most likely, a fear that giving T-mac more minutes will mess up the chemistry.

10. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

Then, purely from a basketball standpoint, it's possible to say we shouldn't have T-Mac playing minutes if we think he'll mess up the chemistry, right?

11. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

You did say "Purely from a basketball standpoint, anyone who's not blinded by their hate for T-mac would support the idea of giving T-mac more minutes at the expensive of Ariza. However, their hate for T-mac makes them willing to accept the piss-poor performances by Ariza." . Adelman is part of anyone, right?

I agree with your last statement that the reason is probably because they fear that it will mess up chemstry. Of course, messing up chemistry is a basketball issue, so I'd still have to disagree with the "Purely from a basketball standpoint..." statement. Maybe you meant "Purely from a talent standpoint"?

12. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

no, from a pure basketball standpoint, T-mac should be playing over Ariza right now, assuming he's totally healthy. He hasn't been given enough minutes to determine whether he'll positively or negatively impact the team. If it turns out he does mess up the chemistry, it's as simple as benching him again.

Yes, i guess 'pure talent standpoint' would be more accurate in my original statement.

#112 LCII, Dec 27, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2009
  13. slugyang

slugyang Member

Tough Rox dont need a whiny guy. Man up show something then let coach have nothing to do but makes more time for you.

14. davidxhz

davidxhz Member

This is a year for our young players to develop, a lot of people have said it here. But in trevor's case, the organization is giving more patience than we can imagin.

I was just wondering, is it another way of tanking by giving too much patience and confidence? Cause I hate tanking :mad: :mad:

15. Rox11

Rox11 Member

But why are you being stubborn to see that right now we need T-Mac and Ariza's shot selection isn't good?

16. Hayden_SFC

Hayden_SFC Member

His name doesn't rhyme with frebreza.

17. DAZEFROMDAHAZE2

GREAT GAME BY ARIZA TONIGHT---2 OF 10 SHOOTING

for all the wise "I'M A DIE-HARD ROCKETS FAN" people on clutchfans, i will take LAST YEARS T-MAC over Arizas 18 points a night on 6 of 28 shooting along with 1 0f 8 from downtown

there is no denying the fact that Tracy Mcgrady can shoot,handle,and pass in the game of basketball better then "Role player Gone go-2-guy" TRevor Ariza

18. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

The two are not compatible.......I would rather have players that play hard and within the team concept on both ends.

I would be in favor of Ariza playing less, and Harris or Von or CBud playing more.

But playing guys who repeatedly quit, and are not in it for the right reasons sends the wrong message to the rest of the guys that are there working hard.

And NOT just in a contract year.

So, don't play Voldermort, and cut Ariza's minutes.

You don't replace one guy who sucks with another who sucks....

DD

19. kokopuffs

kokopuffs Member

DD where was ariza's defensive effort tonight
    i saw multiple times when he made no effort to contest his man's jumper.

20. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

He was not good tonight at all.....not in the least...I am not an Ariza supporter......

Pick that fight elsewhere.

DD