1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Houston Chronicle] McGrady to sit out next two Rockets games

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rikesh316, Dec 26, 2009.

1. Yodels

Yodels Contributing Member

I think this is to show that Tracy isn't out-performing other bench players. He has to prove it. Show Tracy the numbers, the tape/film, the defense, etc. The 7-8 minutes on the court, he needs to lead his squad to a respectable +/-. Tracy just needs convincing. He wants to play more minutes but will it produce better team results?

2. Pocket Rockets

Agreed, he did leave a game at halftime to see his first born on dec 27, 2005, according to wiki

3. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

Maybe T Mac wants to dominate the ball at his son's birthday party?

4. pdewalt

pdewalt Member

Interesting point. I agree that this system works best without star-type players because with them it has to change to accommodate them (so I reluctantly agree with you about T-Mac if you want an unaltered system ;) ). Yet, I am not sure that this team has really run the style of offense that Adelman really wants consistently even before T-Mac came back. They still ISO'd, pick n rolled and heat checked a lot. In saying that, I am not sure how that is supposed to be "read and react".

As for Morey, I'm not sure that he's afraid to make a major trade though.

5. Lonestar

Lonestar Member

lol, Who is this RIchardJustice Guy? Did he watch any Rox game this season?

I dont think we even need SheMac's bench support to survive

6. Stevierebel

Stevierebel Contributing Member

he's being sarcastic

7. 11Rox4Life3

11Rox4Life3 Member

I'm pretty sure he's being sarcastic..

8. Yak

Yak Member

Actually, it was 35 points in 13 seconds. Get it right, HATER. :rolleyes:

9. rocketsregle

rocketsregle Contributing Member

Long term always trumps short term when it comes to experimenting.

10. ChrisBosh

ChrisBosh Member

LOL pippen, just because many of my posts are in D&D Middle East topics it doesn;t mean I'm not a TRUU Rcoekts fannn?!..........................seems you are crazier than i thought................forget calling Tracy McGrady for help........you need help from your idol Scottie Pippen......he'll bail whatever he's doing.....

11. pbthunder

pbthunder Contributing Member

Richard Justice is a district attorney on a Fox show.

12. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Jonathan_Feigen: T-Mac bolts Garden State.Since he was not playing anyway, McGrady was given permission to go home for son's birthday Sunday.

13. albuster

albuster Member

Agree with the post. In fact, in addition, he has never led a team to a first round series win in his 11 years in the NBA and these McGrady apologists are talking championship with him? There is a saying about describing someone who tries to keep doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result. It is really mind boggling.

14. abc2007

abc2007 Member

Morey is afraid of making a major trade. Otherwise, how do you explain why the rockets still hold Tmac?!

Adelman is quite old. This is probably the chance for him to test his bball theory. He won't care other things. But, Morey is different form Adelman. He is quite young, and he is a rookie GM. He needs to think aobut his future. Tmac's contract is too big. If he trades Tmac for some players, and those players don't fit here, his fate will be doomed.

btw, I don't think Yao will resign with the rockets if Adelman is still Rockets' head coach by then.

15. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

Uh, if he wasn't, he would of been traded already. If he messes up here by trading Mcgrady, it can potentially mess us up in the future, and Yao's future as well.

16. Red Blue Blur

Red Blue Blur Member

latest Justice tweet: "Wonder if McGrady took his pacifier when he left the team? Maybe the Rockets can ship it to him. Anyway, good riddance."

hahaha

17. albuster

albuster Member

Sorry Sir but it's been 11 years!

18. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

HAYTERZ wILL ALLwaYz be HaYTRz!! :eek:

19. RocketMadness

RocketMadness Member

Well, more playing time for JT!

20. TMac4Life#1

TMac4Life#1 Member

McGrady is resting these next two games because he is going to get heavy mins come tuesday :grin:

Naaa but seriously this is strange. This came out the blue. This is making the Rockets organization look suspect. Maybe something happened to McGrady that there is a set back and he needs rest. Also we are playing the Nets so the matchups wont fair right for him. Cavs also.

Trade brewing or no trade no body knows so assuming stuff is just going to make yourselves go crazy.