1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

McGrady Tired of These Cameo Roles

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by worzel gummidge, Dec 24, 2009.

1. astros148

astros148 Member

2. Pocket Rockets

Why?

Why use him when he won't be around next season possibly? Since we are going through a semi-rebuilding year, why not let our regulars play their way through the ups and downs of the nba season? Isn't that what young players are supposed to go through to mature into great rotational players for contending teams?

Sure we can use him because he is available, but it doesn't mean he deserves or should be expecting to get playing time coming from a major knee injury not even a 10 months ago.

3. sew

sew Member

I'm not denying his ability, I'm just stating that T-mac makes it so easy for people to dislike him

4. astros148

astros148 Member

tmac doesnt hate the city

5. Depressio

Depressio Contributing Member

T-bunnies = Conservatives?

I SEE WHAT'S GOING ON HERE

6. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I cannot concede this. Esp if everyone else is 'watching' him.
    real or imagined. If that is the Case. . . the team is not better

Rocket River

7. jerrios

jerrios Member

Your first question is pretty easy, he's in a contract this year, if he signs a decent contract he once again won't need to play hard anymore. He's willing to stay at what amount of discount, remember this is T-mac he tends to say things without really thinking about it. His intention is not to help the rockets, it is to help himself get another contract, it will indirectly help the rockets. They are risking playing him this season to hopefully get some value back in trade, hence the 7 minutes only a game.

You can thank me later, I answered all your questions. next?

8. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

No the T-bunnies are the liberals who still believe in and defend Tmac.
    The man (Tmac) - Obama
    DD- Rush Limbaugh.

9. mjharleem22

mjharleem22 Member

thats not all we say. even when we say he looks great we also point out the areas that he needs to get better at and eventually with more playing time it will happen. And when we see a bad game from him, we again say he needs more time, because HE NEEDS MORE TIME!..get it?

10. Ramathorn006

Ramathorn006 Contributing Member

Dirty...

11. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I wonder How many people Arguing for TMAC to get YET ANOTHER chance
    were
    Backing SF3 getting more time with his 1 chance back with the Rockets?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/icuT1PJ43nw&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/icuT1PJ43nw&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Steve showed more Hustle and yes. . . HEART!!

Rocket River
    . . . just to further convolute the thread :D

12. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Stevie needed to be dumped a lot sooner. The fat out shape Steve we saw at the end was just plain embarrassing. At that point he had no heart to match his lack of brain.

13. worzel gummidge

14. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

No one knows what kind of contract he's going to get next year if he resigns here. If hetruly is about the team and staying here, which at this point i'll give him the benefit of the doubt, then the rocket may give him a short deal at a lower salary. If that's the case he can't completely give up because A)the deal may be too short and b) he can still get traded and end up far from here. Again, this is under the assumption he's telling the truth about wanting to be here and i believe he does, the only other place he'd want to be is probably orlando.

You didnt adress the cancer issue. Possibly because the questions weren't directed at you to begin with and therefore you couldn't answer that part. I mentioned that and replied to DD because I wanted his answer specifically since he's the one arguing Tmac is a cancer, but THANKS anyway.

15. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

Sure we do

(On idea he is being showcased for trade) “It is a business. It is what it is. Whoever gets me is going to get a hungry player. Whoever gets me will get a hungry player…I don’t care if I go to the moon. It doesn’t matter.”

It's the same thing just twisted.

16. worzel gummidge

You're still speculating.

17. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

Look,

Listen,

Look,

It's pretty obvious that article is extremely bias why can't you T-hater-bunnies understand this?!! SHEEEEEESHHH!

SS

< End DD impersonation >

18. nerdyyatrice

nerdyyatrice Member

The problem for T-mac is he is no longer the dominant player he used to be but he still plays like he is and demand the ball way to much.

19. NMS is the Best

I am tired of all this mud-slinging. Here is my take...

1. With C-Bud out and with Ariza in another one of his slumps we should be giving more time to BOTH Jermaine Taylor and TMac. There is no way Ariza should play 35+ min - especially when he's throwing up brick after brick...

2. Remember: TMac is still recovering from microfracture knee surgery. He is still not quite 100% yet. The only thing that makes sense to do for both TMac and the Rockets is to gradually bring him back. Have some patience people. As TMac continues to get back into his grove and play better, IMO, Rick Adelman will start to give him more and more minutes......

3. TMac has to earn his minutes. While I have been impressed with his play so far and he seems to be improving there are still a couple things I still want to see from him. (1) RUN more into fast-breaks instead of jogging up the court (2) Move without the ball on offense. If he does these two, along with playing better defense he could be a BIG boost to our team this year...

Yes, I want TMac back. But he needs to be able to play within Rick Adelman's offense as a team player just like everyone else. He needs to improve his defense. And he shouldn't complain about his minutes - that is for the coach to decide.

And btw, I agree - that whole article seemed like a bunch of BS. I am not taking it seriously....

20. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

He hasn't EARNED more time...GET IT?

DD