1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

McGrady Tired of These Cameo Roles

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by worzel gummidge, Dec 24, 2009.

1. NotInMyHouse

NotInMyHouse Contributing Member

It's getting WAY personal around here challenging peoples intelligence, but hey that's Clutchfans for you. A difference of opinion = the other person is an idiot. Yay.

2. desi tmac91

desi tmac91 Member

Agreed, the quotes were exaggerated.

3. rockets_fanatic

No, just DD.

4. NotInMyHouse

NotInMyHouse Contributing Member

...and what about the rest of your haters list in your signature there? All idiots?

5. Red Blue Blur

Red Blue Blur Member

Seriously, the purpose of these forums is for people to express THEIR opinion. No need to challenge someone's intelligence just because they don't necessarily agree with yours...

6. bbjai

bbjai Member

Some of this hate is irrational. Its like taking these quotes (like half the posts in this thread) and using it to feed more fuel to the fire. And DD is good enough to NOT do that, but he clearly is choosing not.

Its not like his wrong, YES T-mac is coasting on some D, YES trading T-mac is probably the best thing to do, and YES sometimes T-mac says the dumbest things on earth. But by all conclusions what he said was pretty logical, diplomatic and not really all that bad. Its not even a difference of opinion, its choosing to ignore what you know is right to further post propoganda. Its not even intelligent discussion, people are using a fan house article that is clearly BS and making hate even greater.

DD is better then that, I saw him give T-mac some love on the Clippers game thread, thats what I think his got some class. His a good poster but this irrational behaviour with T-mac is getting out of hand.

7. J-Wood

J-Wood Member

Dude, I understand all that, howeer, my point is that there is nobody out there that is worth the trade on our end so we would basically be making this trade for financial reasons.

If the man was truly hurt it explains why he had a bad season and to me it doesnt say much about an orginization that doesnt give him a chance to show what he do after recovering from surgery.

In my opinion he doesnt have anything to prove becasue we know what he is capable of. I watched this man elevate his game every time we went to the playoffs, however, the problem was that the other role players that were showing up in regular season didnt show up in the playoffs ad we want to blame all that on Tracy and thats just not cool.

All im saying is give the man a chance and let him do what we all know that he is capable of doing

8. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Never wanted the guy. Well Documented. he was a quitter then .. . and never change IMO. He was mentally 'soft' then and never changed!

Healthy? When was/will that be?

Unless I am mistaken . .after games people do MORE THAN ONE interview

Rocket River

9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Yeah, tossing his coach and organization under the bus, hogging the ball, not playing defense.

Yep, we know exactly what he can do, and that is why we are trying to trade him to the next sucker enamored with his talent and overlooking his mental midgetry.

DD

10. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Did you not get my point?

I don't care what the team does with him. I don't care whether the Rockets plan to keep him or not. I deal in the now just as much as you do.

He is a Rocket player, and as long as he is one I will give him the benefit of the doubt. I am not buying into this article until we get confirmations from reliable sources. At this stage, only Clutch and chronicle's videos and articles are reliable sources of what McGrady actually said.

11. rockets_fanatic

I don't know them well enough (except for Dave), to judge their intelligence. For the moment they are simple haters.

12. Depressio

Depressio Contributing Member

Not yet. As we get closer to the trade deadline, you'll be surprised at what some teams do to either get under the cap or instigate some long-term savings.

The Hornets, for example, have a ton of terrible contracts and are cash-strapped but still a bad team. They're ripe for the picking, if you ask me (Chris Paul anyone?).

13. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

I may be in the minority but I have no problem with what he said..

He can see his name pop up on every trade talk out there, from ESPN, NBA, Yahoo etc... So he knows the same thing as we all know... he's gone.

Now him playing 7 mins a game is Rick protecting him or show casing him like a car you trying to sell and you know it has a bad head engine.... Drive it just enough to make it look good.. Play T-Mac just enough to look good.

How I see it the people on this board want it one way only, they want the ability to say that they want T-Mac gone, but they don't want to hear him say it.....

Who gives a good crap...Like it's been said before it's a business and most of those guys thow when they are about to be traded and like Rocket River said in an earlier post.. The way he handled things last year is starting to come back to roost...

14. FaBo

FaBo Member

No, only for haters like you.
    I totally understand him. I mean, Ariza kept shooting horrible shots yesterday, is 1-10 from the field, has the worst +/- Stat (-23) and RA still lets him play. Trevor Ariza will NEVER be a superstar or a franchise player or something like that. If I were T-Mac, I would have been upset, too, especially because he is obviously feeling better and playing more aggressive.

Don't get me wrong. I'm a huge T-Mac fan, but if the Rockets are able to get a really good trade with T-Mac, then I wouldn't oppose it. But first I'd like to see what T-Mac is able to do with the basketball, and 7 minutes is not enough for that.

15. rockets_fanatic

Very good point. They all talk about how he is gone and is only being showcased for a trade. Then he makes these comments and everyone says he is the devil.

That is why they are slowly being added to the list.

Tracy is a Rocket until he isn't a Rocket anymore.

16. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

So, is McGrady's talkin out the side of his neck?

17. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

If IM not mistaken... That was pointed towards DD and the way he keeps flip flopping

18. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

I said the same thing...lol...that you guys are assuming the article was based upon the video posted.

Nah, a little lower....below the hip area, I think...

;)

DD

19. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

Now don't get it twisted... I want Tracy and Yao gone... I don't hate either one of them.. It;s just time for the team, fans and city to move on.

So you may want to put me on that list.

20. rockets_fanatic

We shall see. It is one thing to want moves to be made, but it is another to hope those players fail. DO you hope those two fail as Rockets?