1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Post-Game Analysis: Magic 102, Rockets 87

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 23, 2009.

Tags:
  1. SergioValencia

Wow... ignorance at its finest. Get an education, you low life.

2. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

DING, DING, DING!!!!!

The whiners better read up the above post.

3. htownfan_9210

htownfan_9210 Member

you guys should chill and calm down its an 82 game season we cant win them all. The magic are simply better and stronger then the rockets and they took it to us. It happens.

4. pdewalt

pdewalt Member

Wishful thinking, Budinger against who?

5. Entropy

Entropy Member

Budinger against Ariza.

6. ibm

ibm Member

why can't some of you admit we just lost to a better team? the amount of talent does count in the end.

the magic played stellar defense thanks mainly to their interior d led by howard (though the guy still has little offensive skills).

why knock it all down on ariza? i guess a 1-10 shooting is always the easiest to spot. but the fact is, no one played particularly well; ab is almost worthless, too, if you ask me.

and adelman has been doing a superb coaching job and the result so far is almost miraculous. ask yourself a question - other than yourself, how many better coaches are out there?

we need to move on. make sure to beat the nets on saturday.

7. pdewalt

pdewalt Member

Budinger won't be playing against Ariza. Are you expecting him to score 20+ against them? This was not a match up that Budinger would be the winner of to be honest. Orlando have decent/above average perimeter defenders. And he is not gonna get the same shots close to the basket with the big men that Orlando have. LOL.

8. Entropy

Entropy Member

He doesn't need to score 20 by himself. He can pass, cut to the basket, create--in addition to shooting. His presence with Landry and Lowry in the game is a difference maker.

That being said--we probably would have lost anyway due to our fatigue and their good defense.

9. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

In Basketball a great tall team will most times defeat a small good team. :p

10. thelONE

thelONE Member

Maybe because we are used to beat them, for a long time ... The last time they Magic beat us at home was about 8 years ago.
    Today we were dominated by Howard, he's a beast whom few dared to challenge.

11. rox81

rox81 Member

Really gets under my skin the way the Associated Press wrote at least twice that Orlando rolled to an "easy win" over the Rockets.

Easy win? Really? When you're up only 61-60 late in the third quarter? When you're facing a scrappy team that totally dismantled you TWICE the year before?

Sure, this year's Rox were without Yao, who owns Howard like "a red-headed stepchild" as one ClutchFan so aptly put it, and sure, the Magic did kind of trot through the fourth after that 15-0 run, but would you really characterize Orlando's performance as "easy"? They didn't exactly mention that the Rox were neck-and-neck with them most of the way - till Ariza took over in his own special way.

Maybe I'm overly sensitive to the national media's treatment of the Rox.

For all those - like my cuz - who say T-Mac should be dealt because he's a "ball-stopper". Um, hello, did you see Ariza out there tonight? If T-Mac's not a good fit for this offense, don't even get me started on T-Ari. No sense of game flow whatsoever.

Fail.

12. FFz

FFz Member

im proud of our rockets for fighting hard for 3 quarters. This was definitely a "schedule loss." 3rd set of back to back and losing an hour and also having to fly for 3 hours... Good job guys. Keep playing hard.

13. BucMan55

BucMan55 Contributing Member

Holy crap at the Adelman hate. Adelman is the Rockets coach this season. He is trying to have the most successful year he possibly can for them. That doesnt necessarily mean yanking players willy nilly at the first sign of an off night. That's why poor teams let young players get ample time in the game. Let the players take their lumps. They will learn from this, as will the coach.

Clutchfans, Where Scapegoating Happens - even after losing to the defending EC champs in a hard fought game on a back to back.

14. ibm

ibm Member

that's loser's mentality. (j/k)

but i seriously hope the rockets don't have the same thoughts.

15. kejohn

kejohn Member

Two weeks ago many of the commenters here were saying that if he Rox ended the year at .500 or better it would be a miracle due to the ridiculously difficuly schedule. Looks like above .500 will occur.

No matter if the coach is Adelman or JVG the tota number of wins and the success in the playoffs is still largely dependend on the personnel, and the Rox simply do not have a reliable superstar playing at this time.

This is still a fun team to watch with their gritty and uptempo play. I remember when JVG was cosach that the team was almost unwatchable due to JVG's system, but the number of total wins each year was still about the same as when Adelman coached.

16. HPD

HPD Member

Should of played mike harris in this blow out

17. cheke64

cheke64 Member

what part of muscle up dont they understand? Ariza is too skinny and he couldnt even post reddick. Redunkolous!

18. albuster

albuster Member

The outcome was not what I wanted but most of the Rockets gave their all considering the odds. Kudos to them and let us be proud for their never say die attitude.

19. LewLLOYD

LewLLOYD Member

they played with a lot of energy. they also out muscled us and the refs didn't come to our aid.

i was really impressed with orlando's intensity.

20. lisa1014

lisa1014 New Member

i can't belive that Adelman would rather lose this game instead of playing t-mac :mad: Nearly everyone could be on the court in the 4th quarter,except t-mac.Is his prestige really important than the result????!!!!