1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Injuries = D-league call up?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaDakota, Dec 19, 2009.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

If they are willing to send Brooks, and Novak, and Dorsey, why haven't they sent Taylor?

It is very strange, to be sure.

DD

2. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Member

Maybe they think it would benefit Taylor more being around the more mature vets and learn the ways of the Battier/Scola/Hayes?

3. Raw Texas

Raw Texas Member

I don't think so, they'll give Taylor a few minutes along with increased tmac mins while bud is out (I think for only a few games)... As for carl I think he'll be back sooner than thought.

4. Depressio

Depressio Member

Gotta have time between games to practice fully, though. We should have one coming up pretty soon (perhaps not due to Christmas during our next break in games, though), but hopefully Landry and Chase will be back by then.

5. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Yeah, I am sure that will help, but he has a 2 year guaranteed contract, and right now, the guy needs to learn how to play the game.

DD

6. xiki

xiki Member

You KNOW what the guy needs? How? C'mon, you are surmising and that's not surprising but...what...does...the...guy...need...most?

7. DaDakota

Supporting Member

The ability to play the team game, move off the ball, Bball IQ.

He has been a one man gang his whole life, put the ball in his hands, and let him get his, he is not able to do that against quality athletes like the NBA has.....

He needs to learn how to be a pro......and he will only get that with playing time, and since the Vipers are running the same system, the sooner he gets in there and gets some reps the better he can help the big club.

If he can't learn that type of game, then he will be another Dorsey, around for his contract and trade fodder before being dumped.

DD

8. xiki

xiki Member

Good analysis based on too little info. Maybe he should be there; maybe not. I don't know, and you don't, either.

9. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Well whether he is there or not, the fact that Adelman has not really considered playing him speaks volumes.

Either way, the thread is not about Taylor it is about whether the team will call someone up with all the injuries.

They do have a roster spot open.

DD

10. xiki

xiki Member

That is true. And frankly I am unduly cranky.

11. thumbs

thumbs Member

From out here in left field, what about bringing back Romel Beck-Castro? We need scoring and length at the G-F spot, and he is averaging over 50% shooting on the Dakota Wizards team.

Jermaine Taylor needs to be assigned to the Vipers to learn how to dribble with his left hand. He could be an effective NBA bench player if he could develop his "left game."

12. HPD

HPD Member

J taylor must be a bust. He can't even smell minutes. With suspension injuries ect.

13. t-mac_#3_SG

t-mac_#3_SG Member

I agree J. Taylor should be sent to the D-league, for at least a year and maybe even more. And don't bring
    Dorsey back yet either.

14. BetterThanEver

You can say that about 90% of the drafted players out there. They were usually the man back in college and highschool. The 3rd best player on a highschool team might not recruited. The 4th best player in the college team, might not get drafted.

15. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Notable Member
    Supporting Member

Let's give James White a call in Russia - get him over here just in time for the dunk contest.

;)

16. worzel gummidge

Minimum of 12 active players.

17. YaoDorseyfan

YaoDorseyfan Member

18. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Eureka, you are correct sir.....still a call up would allow them to send him down...

;)

DD

19. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Member

They don't want to risk the new signee preventing them from getting under the tax limit. See Pops.

I think they'll make do with what they got. More AB+Lowry combo, some more minutes for McGrady, iron man minutes by Ariza and Battier ,etc. are all possible,
    '

20. DaDakota

Supporting Member

You might be right, but I think Pops was more about playing time than anything else....I think Morey did him a solid.

DD