1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Video: T-Mac's 8 minutes vs. Thunder

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 19, 2009.

1. tofu--

tofu-- Member

He looks way more active, I like it.

I doubt he'll keep up that sort of aggression if he gets back into the lineup for good, but I like to dream.

2. mjharleem22

mjharleem22 Member

how do yall post a video without making people click the link

3. 1individual

1individual Member

Embed using HTML.

4. Hball

Hball Member

Considering this is basically t-mac's preseason, not surprised he's rusty offensively, but he needs more than just 8 minutes to get a rythym hopefully that will happen when he's reevaluated.

5. trueroxfan

trueroxfan Member

i think his first step is still there, he has beaten his man when he has driven, his finishing is not there yet. like others mentioned, could be due to timing and rust.

i am curious to know what his vertical was and what it is now, i know he was dunking flat footed months ago so i am sure he has added to that, wish there was some way to find these things out

6. mjharleem22

mjharleem22 Member

i wish i could see t-mac try and finish around the basket but he hasnt gotten any solid chances of finishing strong around the basket. but if you look back on highlights of t-mac in 06, his athleticism isnt that much different

7. the_donace

the_donace Member

He looks good...when he doesn't hesitate...but you can tell or at least I can he is kinda scared and really hesitates a lot. I specially liked that block attempt he had towards the end of the video. But I think his body is fine he reacts well and he looks fast he just hesitates so much and also he is trying to play team ball despite his really low minutes. Is budinger okay? I saw he hurt himself on the ESPN highlights and when are we expecting Landry back?

8. Seven

Seven Contributing Member

He still can't finish and do too much dribbling, but better much better than before. He had some nice passes to the open man. He was pretty good on defense. It seems like he finally understands that he's gonna have to play defense for this team. I don't think he ever worked that hard last year guarding his man.

9. Seven

Seven Contributing Member

Wow, I just murdered the English language.

10. fogo11606

fogo11606 Member

wow I can see his intensity.

11. dexkk

dexkk Member

his shooting will come with time. His defense isn't great but showed great effort. Keep playing with intensity Tmac and you'll win some fans back.

12. kevtse

kevtse Member

He is still a BALL STOPPER!!!

13. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

the first step and explosion vertically on the finish is certainly still not there

looked like he was over thinking the finishes, half a dozen of very makable shots in there

his attempt to contemplate and make an effort on D was very admirable

most impressive was his lack of hatching and franchising the ball, if he could get a first step a bit back in combination with not hatching i could see him being a benefit (to another team)

14. lmaballa

lmaballa Rookie

Think about it, for any of you guys that play basketball, whether it's pick up or organized, you know that when you haven't played in a while you are going to be off for a couple of days. All together TMac hasn't even played a full games worth of minutes. Just give him some time. It's way to early to judge.

15. eMat

eMat Contributing Member

It's so incredibly strange seeing McGrady actually try on defense.

16. mjharleem22

mjharleem22 Member

if you think that is being a ball stopper, than he will never be the team player YOU want him to be

17. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

I think when McGrady holds the ball in this vid, his head is up analyzing the scene, some court vision at work Its a bit hesitant or non-decisive. It is too slow for the offense. I dont get a sense of any hardcore Me-Mac intention behind it. Not like he even came close to massaging the ball dribbling out the shot clock. Was 1 pick-n-roll in several possessions.

But we expected the difference in approach. If he had initial 1st step quickness maybe he'd be quicker with the ball.

18. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

As Feign predicted. He is trying to be more and more agressive each game.

Yes, his shot is a little flat but we all know with Tracy that will come as he is playing more.

He is missing explosivness (which cases the misses under the rim) and quickness. But he looks to be progressing fine.

19. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

What has surprised/shocked me the most is McGrady's energy on the bench. He has been cheering ala Deke, jumping each time theres a nice basket etc while the rest of the team stays on their seat. Not sure if this is hypocrisy or he really is trying to work himself back in the team and get accepted.

20. dmenacela

dmenacela Contributing Member

Man, I watched that T-Mac 3 pointer 10 times. I really hope he can gel with this new team. Thanks for the upload! :cool: