1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Injuries = D-league call up?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaDakota, Dec 19, 2009.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

With all the Rockets injuries and Tmac not fully healthy, do you guys think they might sign Temple or Harris to a contract?

I think they just might.....at least to have enough guys to practice with....

DD

#1 DaDakota, Dec 19, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2009
  2. abc2007

abc2007 Member

They should call Dorsey back.

3. Chinesekid123

Chinesekid123 Member

i think tracy might see his minutes double

4. redao

redao Member

make a trade with Knicks.

5. number22

number22 Member

Yeah i think maybe tracy's situation gets re evaluated
    earlier perhaps.

6. rikesh316

rikesh316 Member

I think they will call somebody up if they expect Chase Budinger or Carl Landry to out for an extended period of time. I don't think it will be Garrett Temple. More likely Michael Harris or Antonio Anderson. When are NBA teams allowed to sign players to 10 days contracts? I believe it is sometime in January.

7. 1individual

1individual Member

Ariza's suspension and Chase's injury is a blessing in disguise. Tracy's case will be solved earlier.

8. worzel gummidge

January 5th is when teams can sign players to 10 day contracts

9. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

I dont think they're allowed to sign 10 day contracts until January. Not sure how D-League call ups work. Could bring in Dorsey, send him back down?

Or give Wafer or Rashad McCants a call :p

10. FFz

FFz Member

Mike Harris scored 35 points on 14-30 shooting and got 12 rebounds today in 49 minutes of play. He also got 3 assists 2 steals 3 turnovers and 2 blocked shots.

If we don't call him up, someone will.

Btw dorsey fouled out in less than 30 minutes. But he got 10 points and 18 rebounds in that time.

His backup 7 footer by the name of Looby played 13 minutes and got 7 rebounds and 3 blocks and 1 steal. I think that looby kid has some real nba potential. He only got 1 foul in 13 minutes also... Much better than dorsey's defensive effort.

RGV was a horrid 14-26 on free throws thanks to 3 players going 0-2 and dorsey going 0-3.

They lost the game in overtime after getting outscored 22-11 in the 4th.

11. DaDakota

Couldn't they sign them to a non guaranteed deal and cut them before they are guaranteed?

Same thing, sort of....right?

DD

12. DaDakota

I was mentioning them in Chat too....I don't think Wafer would come back, he could get a better playing situation elsewhere, McCants might though, but neither of them would fit in as well as someone from the Vipers.

They have been playing the same system as the Rockets...and would be more ready to step right in....

DD

13. fogo11606

fogo11606 Member

Jermaine Taylor?

14. TeamUSA

TeamUSA Member

15. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Sadly,the game has long passed Francis.

16. Dei

Dei Member

Seconded. Call back Joey Dorsey, too.

17. PeppermintCandy

I think so too. That and increasing McGrady's minutes now instead of waiting until Game 7.

18. Naija Texan

Naija Texan Member

That is akin to giving a $100 bill to pay for just a Whopper sandwich and saying keep the change.

Even to D-league players, a contract usually involves a decent sum of cash that is constantly held against the team's books.

Also, we really don't even need it. If Landry isn't able to play, they might call up Dorsey but will probably just stick with Andersen, not to mention they can easily give Bud's minutes to either JT or McGrady.

We are not in the position to start panicking. We'll miss the near instant production of Landry and Budinger but both (ok well one of them) might be back to good health and playing shape as soon as the next game.

19. DaDakota

But I think the Rockets don't have enough healthy bodies to even practice, and may need to call someone up.

As for Taylor he is lucky to have a 2 year contract, he was a miss by the Rockets staff, same as Dorsey.

DD

20. Dei

Dei Member

I'm not disagreeing but how can you say that? He's played spot minutes.