1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Video: T-Mac's 8 minutes vs. Thunder

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 19, 2009.

1. wingz0

wingz0 Member

A couple might be exaggerating it Zboy. One step is evident though. I think his shooting form is fine.

Like I said, '07-'08 form is a good target for him. Probably lower stats cuz we have more options now on offense, and the lowered usage rate would probably keep him relatively fresher as well since he wouldn't have to shoulder as much of the load.

Again, that's assuming he DOES get there, which he's still a long way from.

2. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

He looks noticeably faster in this game than he did the last. He's also getting a lot of elevation on those block attempts.

3. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

As usual, response with no substance.

4. Htown57

Htown57 Member

His shot has never really had a great deal of arc, but I hear what you're saying. I think his jump shot has looked a little rushed/mechanical, but that's likely at least partially because of the lack of rhythm caused by his long layoff.

5. wingz0

wingz0 Member

AFAIK, his shots have never had much arc. It's just that he used to get up so high on them that he never needed much.

6. gumbleton3

gumbleton3 Member

His shots seem too flat for my liking but his passing and court vision is still there.

7. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

if we judge every player 4 games in playing just 8 minutes a game coming back from microfracture as a template for the future, well that's just not very smart.

the point is he has gotten better every game movement-wise. and he seems to be more aggressive every game. he blew by green (a pretty decent defender with relatively ease a few times on the perimeter). and his defense is very good.

the only negative is tracy still looks very timid around the basket. he should have jumped higher (hell, he jumped pretty high on defense) on those attempts to either create contact for fouls or at least give a better chance. that trust with the knee can only come with more games, and more minutes. and he'll get that eventually.

on that last drive before the quarter ended, the way he penetrated was vintage tmac (minus the shot of course).

8. 1individual

1individual Member

That's what an unsubstantial post deserves in return.

9. ibm

ibm Member

no meaningful progress imo. still close to useless.

and he was asking to play a month ago...

10. thatboyz

thatboyz Contributing Member

wasn't adelman's rationale for bringing t-mac back that he needs to get his guys rest and needs extra bodies? because it doesn't seem that ariza and battier are playing less minutes with mac back. the first game against detroit ariza didn't play, but the next 2 games trevor and shane were getting right around their season averages in minutes. budinger, however, averages 19 minutes per game and is getting 13-14 now since tmac is back. so t-mac is just taking budinger's minutes.

perhaps ademan is being disingenuous about his reasoning. or maybe it's just when ariza got suspended, he realized you could slowly bring t-mac back now, and the minutes for ariza and battier had nothing to do with it.

11. Mr. Space City

he looks more aggressive as each game passes and is still creating good looks for his teammates.

even went up pretty high to attempt a block. :)

12. Hayden_SFC

Hayden_SFC Member

Decision time has got to come soon for RA. What does he want to do with T, I don't think the seven minutes a game will last much longer.

13. 1individual

1individual Member

He was lying, it was silly reasoning. He's a coach, he doesn't forget who he can play and when. IMHO, Alexander wanted to see him play and other GMs in the league.

14. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

On the contrary,

Here are some other posters on this thread affirming what I said about his shooting,

So once again, you FAIL, which is to be expected from someone who has admitted to be a McGrady only fan, Mr. McGradyindividual.

15. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

he looked a lot better here, i actually saw him usign the repaired leg a lot more, didn't seem to be favoring it as much, actually drove more,that drive at the buzzer wasn't lightning quick, but it looked smooth, he's not thinking about his landing or takeoff as much.

16. the_hustler

the_hustler Member

Agreed. but last year. his shots had a nice arc . maybe its flat again because he is jumping higher this time around.

17. 1individual

1individual Member

Lost a few steps is a big exaggeration. Lost arc is also silly since he never used to shoot high. Where did I admit that I was 'only a McGrady fan'? Yes, please show me if you can.

18. abc2007

abc2007 Member

I think it's good for the rockets to have played Tmac for 4 games and got some rhythm back. They will really need him since Budinger is injured. And, if Ariza and Battier keep playing heavy minutes, they would get injured sooner or later.

19. Shunter

Shunter Member

Im just back from the game and my first look at T-mac in the flesh and I have to say that I was impressed with what I saw.

Unselfish play, looked sharper than previous games and seemed more than willing to be a team player. I also feel its worth mentioning that he was off the bench on a few occasions cheering his team, in particular when Ariza hit a 3 and was fouled.

Has he changed? I dont know but so far so good.

20. blacktopKING

blacktopKING Member

I think he is coming along. He just needs to get his game legs/conditioning back and I am sure his explosiveness will be more evident. I also like that he hasn't had any issues with his back up to this point. He will come around.