1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Can former Rocket Eric Gordon and the Suns bounce back against the Timberwolves? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Video: T-Mac's 8 minutes vs. Thunder

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 19, 2009.

1. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Every play he was involved in on offense and defense...

<object width="640" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/JmEl-oZLSDs&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/JmEl-oZLSDs&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="505"></embed></object>

2. marciagong

marciagong Member

Thanks man. I think he looked good, very active. Can't wait till he gets back to 100%. :grin:

3. wingz0

wingz0 Member

Thanks Clutch, only caught the game in the 2nd half, good to watch him in action.

4. FariyadTheKing

5. brantonli24

brantonli24 Member

I like the fact he's trying to drive, but either the Thunder are a really good defensive team or McGrady has seriously lost a step and can't penetrate like he used to. I hope this is a temporary thing....

6. clos4life

clos4life Member

He looks VERY good imo. He just needs to get his conditioning up so he can finish.

7. FFz

FFz Member

He looked pretty good. he affected the game with his passing. I'd like to see a little more effort every single play on defense, but it looked good for the most part.

8. wingz0

wingz0 Member

Probably half a step slower than he was in '07-'08, but we haven't really seen a truly explosive McGrady since his back injuries IMO.

One thing I'd really like him to do more of is drive right. He's been known to favour his left throughout his entire career, but I don't think we've seen him drive right once these 4 games back. Once he starts to drive right comfortably, we know he's past the microfracture.

9. phantoman

phantoman Contributing Member

it is good improvements from the first game. he is active and moving the whole time, which is good. Needs a few more games and a little more mins to really see what he is capable of.... I'd like to see him start playing 15-20 mins by or in Jan.

I think RA is smart for limitting him and teling him to play hard those 7 mins. It seems that Tmac is doing just that.

10. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

he's 4 games in. and he has not been fully comfortable with the lack of minutes. he seems to be more aggressive each and every game. and he seems to improve movement-wise.

that's all you can ask for.

11. Htown57

Htown57 Member

He played good on-ball defense and tried to be aggressive. A couple of those misses around the basket seemed to be bi-products of rust. He made good passes in the offense, and actually set quite a few good screens too. He could probably stand to improve his off-ball defensive rotations, but all in all, Not a bad showing.

12. the_hustler

the_hustler Member

does it look like he is favoring his knee again?

13. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

I want to ask most of you, how do you think he is compared to 07-08 form?

I think he has a great chance to go back in that form.

14. 1individual

1individual Member

Good ball movement. More active than the other games.

15. jevjnd

jevjnd Contributing Member

I really love his court-vision and noticed that he hasn't lost that at all. He still needs some more court time to be able to finish those layups, but I think that that will be fine with time. Also, good mention by wingz0 in mentioning that he's still favoring his left. Call me crazy, but he just might be a pretty good player again after all.

16. HitenK7

HitenK7 Member

With the exception of the 1-5 FG, McGrady looked good out there. He was active on defense and delivered great passes.

17. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Not impressed.

I don't see his old shooting form. It's almost like he is measuring his shots.

He has also lost couple of steps.

Passing and court vision is still there but it is not enough to cut back on other liabilities.

18. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Not at all but I don't think he has really tested it either.

DD

19. 1individual

1individual Member

Who cares if you're impressed or not, you're a broken record with hate.

20. the_hustler

the_hustler Member

yeah I agree.. he needs to go strong on those drives.. still iffy..

and his shot has lost arc. he wont make too many if he keeps shooting that way.