1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

These refs don't seem to like Landry..

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Man, Dec 16, 2009.

1. _samoa_

_samoa_ Member

Just one game. It doesn't mean much.
    Besides refs are always like this they whistle high or low it just happenes.

2. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

If that game wasn't evidence that game fixing still exists, I don't know what is.

Okay, maybe not.

Well, maybe.

At a minimum, that was one of the worst officiated games I've seen in a long time.

3. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

i didn't have any expectations going into the game, but there was litterally a stretch where the called us 6 straight times we got the ball..

Just sad, and brooks/ lowry/ landry getting hammered blatantly over and over again...just said.

I get pissed when bull complains but man...today was really fishy.

4. summitts20

summitts20 Member

It's games like this that make me feel like Tim Donaghy is right. The NBA doesn't want to see an underdog succeed.

Someone tell me, am I just having a knee jerk reaction?

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Is this the SAME crew that called 3 offensive fouls on him a couple of weeks ago?

DD

6. BrooksBall

I'm usually the one telling people they are just being homers when they criticize officiating.

Tonight... not so much.

That was either one of the most poorly officiated games I've seen in a long time or game fixing at it's best.

If you subscribe to the fixing theory, it makes sense that the officiating got worse late in the game when the Rockets were still hanging around.

7. Voice of Reason

I think a few of the calls on Landry were good calls. On one of the plays he was throwing his elbows around. it looked to me like he was trying to flop and took it too far. On a couple of other plays he was being too aggressive while other around him were not. I can see where the refs would feel that he was playing out of control.

8. josh_is_white

josh_is_white Member

i wish the nba refs read this cuz they were calling BULL**** calls on the rockets. Like matt bullard said they were callin traveling on us but not on denver?!

9. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

I'm usually not one to complain about the refs, but Landry was thoroughly screwed by them tonight. I'm surprised he kept his cool and wasn't ejected at all those bad calls against him.

10. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

There were so many times when Rockets players went hard to the rack, only to get fouled with no whistle. In the fourth we only shot maybe two free throws? An those came in the final minutes. True refs dont like Landry, starting to think they dont like the entire team. Wait, its been that way since 05.

11. LewLLOYD

LewLLOYD Member

i was at the game tonight. amazing how they targeted landry. amazing.

12. BrooksBall

Maybe Clutch can post that clip. He was CLEARLY fouled before he swung his arm.

Then, the contact he did make with his arm was untintentional and negligble.

That was actually one of the worst calls of the game.

Then, there was at least two flops that the refs bought where Landry was just trying to get position without coming close to fouling.

Then there were two consecutive possessions where Brooks was fouled. The second of the two, where Carter hit Brooks on the elbow/arm was ridiculous. Not only was the foul incredibly obvious but the ball missed the basket by about 5 feet from 10 feet away.

13. Pete Chilcutt

Pete Chilcutt Contributing Member

The Rockets need to send a tape in to the league office, I dont know how much good it will do, but it was clearly obvious that something was going on with these refs tonight...

Tim D was right...

14. Slimjim19

Slimjim19 Member

I'm glad I'm not the only one that thinks today's game was one of the worst officiated games of the season.

15. sumofuk

sumofuk Member

I hate the effen refs.Worst game ive seen in a long time.They ruin the game and are the worst thing about the NBA.No other refs in other sports suck as much as NBA refs and after the scandel you would think they would tighten this up.Rockets won this game imho.

16. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

The Rockets were playing 3 on 5 tonight thanks to the refs. Our PF and C were either hit with offensive foul calls or traveling any time they attempted to score a bucket. It's one thing to enforce the travel rule against one team and not the other but to actually call travels when there was none (Chuck Hayes) is very, very suspect.

17. Voice of Reason

Maybe I'm wrong, but it looked like he was doing a slower version of what Kyle Lowry does when Kyle try's to draw the foul. He basically flung his elbows one way and then the other way without anyone touching him.

Lets say that the refs did make a mistake. At a certain point Landry needed to realize that the refs were making certain calls. Landry needed to adapt to the situation.

18. Naija Texan

Naija Texan Member

That is exactly what is going on.

Landry grew to enough prominence that the refs feel they have to make the game "competitive" for the opposing team, because Landry and Scola seem to just have their ways with guys on the post. So you see obvious fouls on Landry or Scola not get called until someone screams and flopping by the opponents getting called like there was legit contact.

I hope Landry doesn't let this effect him too much, you can tell by the way Yao plays, some games the refs have him gun shy. I'd hate to see that happen to Landry as well.

19. Shaud

Shaud Member

Yeah he seemed to get hacked a lot tonight around the basket. You have games like this it's unfortunate.