1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Adelman unhappy with back-to-backs

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ths balla, Dec 14, 2009.

1. srp002

srp002 Member

Another big problem with this type of schedule is that our home games seem like roads games, considering we get home the day before a game and then are back on the road. Home games shouldn't even be a part of back-to-backs.

Its also funny how the Lakers have such a nice schedule with extremely long periods of home games.

2. lunaticrocket

lunaticrocket Rookie

For some reason, we always seem to suck in December anyways, even with easier schedules. Honestly, I can see us complaining if we had a poor record. To me all of a sudden the schedule looks like a blessing. Who knows, a chance of even dreaming with home court in the first round?

3. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

[​IMG]
    The Rockets?

[​IMG]
    **** em'

4. kejohn

kejohn Member

I agree, it has been this way each of the last three years, and it is especially beneficial to the Fakers.

5. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

David Stern secretly wants the Rockets to win a title with Yao because of the China money, so he created this hellish schedule for us knowing we are without McGrady and Yao, hoping that we would have the worst record, and draft John Wall and win a title.

Sadly, he forgot about the real Rockets team that is still playing.

6. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

I would say in all seriousness we have the the toughest schedule in The league, it's rediculess and still without our best player we managed 13-10, we just gotta go through it, and I believe it'll develop great team chemistry, and it'll make our team stronger for the future.

7. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

Do the schedule difficulty metrics factor in things like number of back-to-backs?

8. choujie

choujie Member

That's how you get without national TV coverage.

44 out of 82 games come from back to back.
    29 out of 41 road games come from back to back.

9. chamuco

chamuco Member

One thing that pisses me off is that I live in San Antonio, and it seems that when a team comes to play the Texas teams they play the Rox first then the Mavs or Spurs get them next on a back to back. So the Spurs get a team that is tired and end up with a better record. I wished we could play Boston, Lakers etc. on the end of a back to back.

10. Wolfpack101

Wolfpack101 Member

.......Why are we complaining about playing tough teams? Who cares? During the second half our schedule will lighten up. I don't see any of you guys complaining then. Everything evens itself out. Plus I would love to see how this team responds to adversity.

11. J.Will.Xu

J.Will.Xu Member

If and big IF our record so far into the season comes out with 5-18 like the Sixers had prior to the rout of Warriors tonight, we would have complained alot more than right now wouldn't we?

Yea, everyone knows the schedule will eventually balance out towards the second half of the season, but come on, if we fall flat to overcome this, that means we dig a big hole for us own and that uphill battle won't be considered any longer because all our focuses would be on getting the lottery pick.

12. BrownBeast99

BrownBeast99 Member

Does anyone think Adelman will be fined for his remarks?

13. J.Will.Xu

J.Will.Xu Member

That kind of reminds me of Jeff Van Gundy standing up for Yao then fined for his public criticism about the refs.

But Adelman was just biatching about the schedule and didn't point out who's to blame for this, it is what it is right?

14. abc2007

abc2007 Member

The rockets are experts of B2B. Haven't they won all the 2nd games of B2B?

15. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

the media loves to really take things out of context, and well fans too...

Adelman didnt call a press conference to blast the schedule, which is what this seems, he simply answered questions for the day and his answers led to talking about practice time and the tough schedule, so he just mentioned he didnt like the schedule blah blah and said oh well that's the way it is. So yes, he complained, but he knows thats the NBA and you have to deal with it. Nothing to see here...

16. theimpossibles1

Just merciless. A brutal schedule, yes, but you know what really grinds my gears? No national TV. Not one game. The Lakers, Celtics, and Cavs each have 25. We are the Houston Rockets. 4th biggest city in US, took the Lakers farther than anyone in the postseason, and we are in prestigious company--Charlotte, New Jersey, Milwaukee, and Sacramento--as the 5 teams with nil national TV. The super exciting Spurs got 20 games. The Mavs--a cool 13. This is an outrage. Something needs to be done. Check thisinsanity out fat cats: take away two games each from the big 3, take away some games here and there from the other leaders and POOF!! Every NBA fan gets to look forward to seeing their team on the moving picture box not only once, but even twice a year! And you still get to see your pretty boys 4-5 times a month. You should really do this, because the way its set up now feels like you are spitting in our faces you greedy, selfish, twofaced......BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

17. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

I dont mind playing a tougher schedule first, but getting a lot of b2b games, thats wrong.

18. trueroxfan

trueroxfan Member

lol, guess you didn't like jvg

19. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

wow, yahoo is really stretching the true story here...it snow on the yahoo homepage and it makes it seem like Adelman just went nuts on the subject.....it was nothing more than post practice comments..

20. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

Also if you look at our back to backs, there's a top team in each pair, and 3/4 of them are on the 2nd night: Cavs, Magic, Nuggets.

The back to backs for LA this month? Bulls-Bucks, Nets-Pistons, Cavs-Kings, Suns-Warriors. I don't want to look it up, but I remember reading about criticism about LA's easy back to backs in previous seasons.