1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

All star Votes...T-mac #2 for guards

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ebu, Dec 10, 2009.

1. Mr Chuck Norris

They let Shaq start in the ASG with only 5 games played one year. SO THey should let T-Mac play. The fans want to see him. I know I voted for him

2. Marsarinian

Marsarinian Contributing Member

... I don't know what to say about this. If you agree that "people" living in China are "people", then they should be allowed to vote.

3. pdewalt

pdewalt Member

In all fairness, he was popular/an All Star prior to becoming a teammate of Yao. That being said, it doesn't hurt. :grin:

4. nolimitnp

nolimitnp Contributing Member

OMG. LMFAO. So if the voting ended today, McGrady technically would start the All-Star game?

5. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

NBA should count the chinese votes as 3/5 of a vote. According to the NBA constitution, chinese are 3/5 of an American person.

6. Vinsanity

Vinsanity Contributing Member

Chinese love Tmac. When I was over there I asked who their fav player was and they would either say Kobe or Tmac with a few Lebrons mixed in.

7. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

Being 7'6"and chinese I am more than 1.5 of most americans :p

8. RMGEEGEE

RMGEEGEE Contributing Member

WELL. IMHO:

The All-Star game is strictly for the fans...
    They're given the right to vote whoever the want in.

The NBA is a global game now. Players are from all over the world, including China.
    Because of Yao, Chinese fans have fallen in love with Rockets' players.

If the fans have voted him in, there's nothing else to say.
    We all know he'll be in action before the all-star game..
    The fans have spoken. The fans shall receive.

9. joe columbus

joe columbus Member

T-Mac should try to figure out how many Amercians have vote for him. ;)

10. meh

meh Contributing Member

The whole "Chinese fans shouldn't vote" thing is beyond ridiculous. There were r****ded votes and selections before worldwide internet balloting. Shaq during his days where he only plays the 2nd half of seasons? Vince Carter continuously even after becoming a mediocre player?

Do you really think people who go to Rockets games and not even bother to be in their seats make the most knowledgeable Rockets fans?

11. sbyang

sbyang Member

People are saying that Tmac has the votes because of the China factor.

I find it strange that Yao is not on the list of centers at all. Chinese fans are too dumb to write in his name?

12. duel128ttvusa

duel128ttvusa Member

Hey guys although i live in the states, being a Chinese and have a lot of relatives who love hoops in china, i can tell you guys that Yi and Tmac are not as popular as most of you guys assume.

as indeed, i was told that most like kobe a lot more than any other players in NBA for the reason that Kobe is a very skillful b-ball player who may not have relatively extraordinary body like Dwight Howard or LBJ, so ppl can dream of being KB easier than LBJ or DH.

and for most chinese, Yi and Tmac are just too soft. so although it is truth that a lot of chinese do vote for Yi, just dun assume all of may be even close to half.

SC

13. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

T-mac deserves to be in the all-star game less than Obama deserves the nobel peace prize.

The easy way to fix this is to do the voting by country. the winner for each country gets one point, the player with the most points win. This way no country gets shafted, it's truly international, but since one country can't swa the vote of a popular hometown guy, the final tally will pick the same one as who one the states

(the reasoning is that the average german doesn't go to nba com to vote in the all star game - only the ones that actually have passion for the game)

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I think you underestimate the amount of Tmac fans outside of China. Unfortunately Landry is not on the ballot. Tariza, Scola and Brooks are doing fine too.

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

It has to be about the people. China has the biggest population in fact but you forgot there are way more Kobe homers than Tmac fans in China. Everyone wants to be like Jellybean. That translates into the result.

16. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

Playing in the All Star game is probably the only way he'll put on a Rockets uniform again.

17. abc2007

abc2007 Member

Why haven't seen huston media response?

18. TranMcGrady

TranMcGrady Member

I voted for him, I want to see him play this year, even if its just the all star game.

19. Melechesh

Melechesh Member

There are quite some TOFs in China who really doesn't watch Rockets basketball much when T-Mac doesn't play I can tell you this. T-Mac is probably the third most popular NBA player in China after Yao and Kobe.

20. cst_chenchen

cst_chenchen Member

That's what I was thinking.