1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

does half of yao ming's salary go to china?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by thacokeguy, Dec 6, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Zfan

Zfan Member

Yes, you're right. And it sucks in many ways.
    Accroding to Chinese media, half of Yao's salary is "contributed" back to China but not exactly all "contributed" to government since it's not really a tax bill.
    Yao has to paid development fee to the sports association of Shanghai city, Shanghai Sharks, province youth sports department, national basketball team and also national sport union, etc.
    All official parties where Yao has been involved, they have to right to take money from Yao's pocket. I don't know it's communism or capitalism. But I am pretty sure it's a kind of "parental management" in Chinese style. The government is parent. And giving parents money is a responsibility. It's something like filial obedience. Yao must do so.

2. cshen

cshen Member

I remember from his book, he said that he's willing to pay part of his salary to his formal club and only a little bit of portion goes to the chinese basketball association, and he's happy about it.

3. tksense

tksense Member

Doesn't he OWN the Shanghai team already? He paid for it for sure.

4. YallMean

YallMean Member

I am pretty sure half of Yao's money gets collected by IRS. Are you suggesting Yao gives up the half to China.

Snap, I just realize Yao is playing for free for the Rockets. :mad:

5. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

Either way i dislike china...and how we suck up to them :(

6. SunsRocketsfan

half my salary goes to the damn govt also... :mad:

35% Fed 10% state, Sales tax, capital gains tax, vehicle registration tax, estate/property tax, tax tax tax.. . :mad: :mad: if you think about its almost over half of your salary goes to the damn govt in some form of tax..

7. SunsRocketsfan

your not making any sense.. you hate an entire country because our govt is inept and sucks up to them?

thats like saying you hate your mom because your brother sucks up to her. shouldnt you direct your hate to our Govt and do something about it?
    Stop voting these yahoo's like Pelosi, Reid, and the likes in to office..

8. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

This stuff kind of goes in the D&D, but it isn't quite that bad considering you get to deduct things from your income, and the graduated income tax rates. You left out FICA BTW.

9. topfive

topfive CF OG

Except that people with that kind of money have access to tax loopholes that the rest of us don't. If someone in the US is paying 50% to income tax, he needs a better accountant.

10. Steve_Francis_rules

The same Uncle Sam that allows someone from another country to come here and earn that $15 million salary for playing a freaking game? I bet he still comes out well ahead of where he would be if he had to stay in China.

11. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

12. rn_xw

rn_xw Member

i think he give half of his rookie contract to the chinese government, the rest is his

13. tchou

tchou Contributing Member

Not the same. Though they're roommates, democracy is not the same as capitalism.

14. t-mac_#3_SG

t-mac_#3_SG Member

15. rodmanhust

rodmanhust Member

half goes to super Uncle Sam, and not a penny goes to "evil communist" China.
    lol~

16. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

That's r****ded logic to me, some of those kids and fans consider Yao Ming a sellout, but think Kobe is cool. :rolleyes:

17. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

2 different points...i dislike both things, but it belongs in the D&D so i wont elaborate any further

18. nolimitnp

nolimitnp Contributing Member

Oh my God someone start the Gilbert Arenas charity! Poor guy. How does he feed his family? :p