1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2009-10

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 14, 2009.

1. RoxTurk

RoxTurk Member

If NY gets Lebron+ any superstar with McGrady's contract then 2012 1st pick wont be very nice.

2. lpbman

lpbman Member

Ok

I want Shaq.

Shoot me, but I think we are a half court team, and I think limiting Yao's minutes in the future and still being a half court team is smart.

Shane, Ariza, and Brooks are all best as spot up shooters. I don't see Tracy ever driving hard into the lane over and over to get our guys open looks. Shaq on the low block can still do that.

Tracy for Shaq, straight up.

3. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

[​IMG]

4. Yak

Yak Member

Hand me the gun.

5. TMac4Life#1

TMac4Life#1 Member

Brooks is a Steve Francis but with less athleticism dribble dribble dribble and turnover. Lowry is turning heads( i believe ) and is showing that he belongs in the game. Trade Brooks while we can for a veteran PG. Who can either start or come off the bench. Brooks is good but it is a business. We need height also so i believe Hayes needs to go.

6. Hottoddie

Hottoddie Contributing Member

I don't think Lebron is going to end up in NY. They don't have enough talent to convince him to come there. They only have 4 players under contract at the moment with Jeffries likely to pick up his $6.9 million option, giving them 5 players under contract. Lebron's option year pays him about $17.1 million in Cleveland. If NY resigns Lee & Harrington for what they're worth, they won't have much money left to offer Lebron a max deal & they don't have the talent to work a S&T with Cleveland. Face it, NY is pathetic. I think that pick is going to be a very good one.

7. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

Agreed. NY fans (and management) are delusional if they think they're getting Lebron or Wade. Maybe (MAYBE) they can get Amare. But that won't lead them to the top of the East ranks. That 2012 pick will be mid- to late lottery.

8. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

I think the real shift comes in florida. I think wade getting amare or bosh and resigning wade and oneal cheaper is going to make some teams nervous. Then riley will come out of retirement and fire the coach again.

9. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

Hahaha. You're probably right about Riley. Although I don't think the Heat can re-sign Jermaine AND sign another max player to go alongside Wade. Unless Jermaine takes the vet minimum, he won't be on the Heat in 2010-11.

More to your point, though, is that the Heat have the potential to be VERY good after the summer of 2010. Dwyane Wade, another max player (like you said, either Bosh or Amare), Michael Beasley and Mario Chalmers make for a spectacular core. Riley can fill out the roster with veterans chasing a ring and eventually add draft picks and free agents using the MLE in 2011 and beyond. The future could be VERY bright in Miami.

10. Hottoddie

Hottoddie Contributing Member

Personally, I think the smart teams are going to be the ones with little to no cap space, but a lot of tradeable assets like young talent, draft picks, & trade exceptions. Those are the teams that can make major moves this off season. I believe it's going to take a S&T to have any chance of getting the true superstars like Lebron, Bosh, Wade, Amare, etc.

Depending upon what we can get for McGrady, the Rockets could be one of those teams. This year was expected to be a down year, but the guys have played much better than expected. However, without any real size to speak of, I doubt they'll be able to make a serious run at the playoffs. Trading McGrady is our one chance to add the pieces to a team that could be a contender for several years.

11. Melechesh

Melechesh Member

Two ideas:

I) Battier for Batum & Blake;

II) McGrady, Landry and the 2010 lotto protected first round pick for Gay, Randolph and Arthur.

12. Artesticles

Artesticles Member

Can I go ahead and kill you already? :)

13. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Scola + Battier + Hayes + Lowry for Bosh

Yao for Iggy + Dalembert

Brooks/Conroy
    Iggy/McGrady
    Ariza/Budinger
    Bosh/Landry
    Dalembert/Andersen

or

without the second trade

Brooks/Conroy
    McGrady/Taylor
    Ariza/Budinger
    Bosh/Landry
    Yao/Andersen

14. paul g

paul g Contributing Member

You are a genius. I love those lineups!!

15. john_l

john_l Contributing Member

This I get, but Toronto basically surrenders the year. Why would they do this unless there is no hope for a Bosh return.
    LMAO. Really? Yao has no trade value in my mind, as his future is in jeopardy. Does he come back as Yao Ming, Big Z, Bill Walton or Sam Bowie? Does he come back at all? That is a lot of doubt to trade Iggy for.

16. TXRoxBBall

TXRoxBBall Member

Has probably been mentioned, but how bout McGrady for Shaq. Would slow down the offense, but tighten up the defense and allow us to go back to a system more closely related to what we will run when Yao gets back. Both are ending contracts so it doesn't hurt our flexibility.

17. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

The Toronto trade could be sign and trade or at the deadline. If the Raptors are convinced he is gone after the year, they have to play it safe.

Hey now, I gave the option for w/o the second trade. I think Yao still has value and Philly would basically be swapping stars while getting out from a cancer contract.

Either way we get younger, better and I think the trades are atleast somewhat reasonable.

18. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

I just want to point out that Corey Maggette is now shooting 51% from the field.

And scoring 16 points in only 24 minutes a game.

Ehem.......any takers now?

Maggette + Ellis for Tmac?

DD

19. worzel gummidge

Dunleavy + Foster + Diener (expiring, out 4-6 weeks) + Head (non-guaranteed) for McGrady
    * Rockets also get right to swap 2010 1st round picks, unprotected.

Head + $300K to Kings under the cap (Head waived)
    Diener + $2M to Kings under the cap (current pro-rated salary around $1.3M)

Brooks, Lowry
    Dunleavy, Budinger, Taylor
    Ariza, Battier, Cook
    Scola, Landry, Hayes
    Foster, Andersen, Dorsey, Yao

20. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

#340 DaDakota, Dec 1, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2009