1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Post-Game Analysis: Spurs 92, Rockets 84

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 27, 2009.

Tags:
  1. rocketsregle

rocketsregle Contributing Member

I can vouch for DD ... He's been advocating limiting Shane's minutes in favor of CBud for weeks now in chat. It's not something DD has just started doing.

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

You need to stop, I have said Battier and Ariza are redundant since the day we got Ariza.

You just hate Battier, I do not, I just think we can have only one wing starting that is offensively challenged.

And I do not drink CHEAP wine, I drink good wine...that may be slightly inexpensive.

;)

DD

3. amaru

amaru Member

McGrady lost this game for us....

4. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

He's been scurred thats all. DD and i are cool even with his flakiness :)

5. ibm

ibm Member

yup, that was a big mistake. ariza needs a bit more discipline on d.

lowry did a much better job on parker in the 4th quarter.

6. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Nah, i don't hate battier, i just think people overblow his contributions. i think he's a solid 20 mins bench guy that will do what he do. Its called balance and the rockets have guys thatare either offensive or defensive guys. Eventually, it always come to the top.

7. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Ariza 6-21.....man that is fricken awful.

DD

8. ibm

ibm Member

how's that awful? that's quite mcgrady-like in recent memories. plus, chase was 0-for-7 the last game.

9. aloha

aloha Member

Last preseason when mcgrady thought he was not ready, RA thought he should play. :rolleyes:

10. DaDakota

Supporting Member

I know, but at least Chase had the good sense to stop shooting and help out in other ways.

DD

11. alethios

alethios Member

Even when he's bad, he's good ;)

12. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

they need to tweak the lineup...

Lowry
    ariza or shane
    bud
    landry
    scola

If we're playing a team with a bigger 3, i'd like to see landry at the 3, chuck at the 4 and Da at 5.

13. alethios

alethios Member

Is JT that bad that he doesn't warrant any PT? I noticed he rode the pine this game (as he often does).

Since we're talking about getting on the Tracy bandwagon now that we've lost two games in a row, why not give JT a chance to work his way into the offense? I thought the guy was a scoring machine in college. Maybe RA is keeping him out because he reminds him too much of Tracy :p

I'll admit, I don't know what the news is with JT - I was hoping to see him play and contribute. I thought he could become something like Michael Finley.

doubling as a JT thread...

14. Aznoob

Aznoob Member

He must not look that terrific in practice then. Plus, there wasn't exactly garbage time allotted this game.

15. Slimjim19

Slimjim19 Member

+20 FT discrepency for the Spurs, wtf?

Also, that "30 second timeout" the refs gave Hill was more like a 2 minute timeout. If you can't stop the blood in 30 seconds, then the Rockets should have picked a player to shoot those free throws. Instead, the refs decided to extend the injury timeout.

Also, can someone answer me why the refs allowed Hill to be substituted out after his late-game free throws when it was the Rockets possession? Are the refs allowed to bend the rules for whichever team they wish?

16. xRod3x

xRod3x Member

RA is not doing his job!!!!

my goodness scola has a great game why is he in the bench and also why you put brooks in the last seconds where he's game was to bad compare to lowry.,

he use to play brooks not lowry for the last second?? oh man!!!

and u see that pick and roll of spurs while brooks where guarding parker?

you see brooks did not fight from the pick and letting go of parker?

oh man !!

thanks again to landry!!! he is a beast!!!

if not to landry and lowry that will be a blowout game for the spurs!!!

1 person likes this.
  17. Slimjim19

Slimjim19 Member

^ Yes, I also don't understand why Adelman felt that he needed to make ANY substitutions when the players on the court were the ones that rallied back to within two. Lowry was pissing the hell out of Parker, and yet he gets substituted off for Brooks when he was all cold from sitting on the bench...

18. BruceHR

BruceHR Member

The referees suck.

Role players are always role players, just as Ariza, his shooting is horrible.

And Battier's shooting is also terrible, have saw he hit the iron too many times, now only hope this two guys can be much better soon.

19. Shaud

Shaud Member

I have been a Chuck fan since his days at Kentucky. I know he's undersized at 6'6 got goodness how many missed layups can we take from him this season? It's pathetic out there to see him miss so many layups.

Also nice to see the player of the game for the Rockets not playing down the stretch. smh

Brooks is reallyyyyy struggling right now. It would be nice to see him turn it around.

Ariza continues to get off to a strong start at the beginning of the game but then he quickly falls off for basically the rest of the game.

But I didn't expect much from this team this year anyway. It's going to be a roller coaster ride all year long.

20. RocketMadness

RocketMadness Member

Agreed, the referees called too many touch fouls and there were 34 free throw attempts vs the Rocket's 14 attempts. We seem to never get calls at home. This is Ariza's first year and you have to give time for him to develop, I didn't expect too much from him. I agree that he has to lower his shot selection to about 12-15 shots a night, Battier just doesn't fit in the system anymore. I would like to see Budinger to start a few games over Battier to see how it works out.