1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2009-10

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 14, 2009.

1. worzel gummidge

2. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

Guys, just so you know, David Lee has to consent to any trade away from the Knicks, since he is a "1-Year Bird" player (think Devean George and the failed first iteraton of the Kidd-to-Dallas trade). So, unless he absolutely would LOVE to go to Toronto without Chris Bosh (or to any other team minus a star player), any trade involving him would be tenuous at best.

3. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

McGrady and Shane for Caron Butler, Brendon Haywood and fillers.

4. worzel gummidge

Forgot about that.

On one hand Lee will be unrestricted anyway. One the other he loses his bird rights basically taking away the option of a S&T if dealt to Toronto.

Without Bosh the Raptors cap space will be $3 to 6 million with the salary of their 1st round pick to be deducted. All they can offer Lee who was looking at $12 million this past free agency.

Lee might agree to it and take his chances but the Raptors have little reason to do this.

5. jzsomeone

jzsomeone Member

ROCKETS TRADES: CARL LANDRY, LUIS SCOLA, AND BRIAN COOK
    TIMBERWOLVES TRADE: AL JEFFERSON
    HORNETS TRADE: EMEKA OKAFOR

ROCKETS GET: AL JEFFERSON
    TIMBERWOLVES GET : EMEKA OKAFOR AND LUIS SCOLA
    HORNETS GET: CARL LANDRY AND BRIAN COOK

6. jzsomeone

jzsomeone Member

7. jzsomeone

jzsomeone Member

What you think bout this trade… WORKS ON TRADE MACHINE

Everyone is tripping about us not having a big guy down low… well Al Jefferson is a big guy down low that can score and rebound a block a few couple shots

Why the timberwolves would do this… well they get Okafor and right now they are last in the league in blocks per game and near the bottom of the league in defense… so this will help them… right now Al Jefferson is not playing well, but the way I see it he doesn’t want to play for the timberwolves… think about it he’s freaking talented and they aren’t winning so why try…. The team is a total messed and they aren’t getting anywhere anytime soon… so a change in scenario, they get a guy(SCOLA) whose always going to play and always wants to win thereby establishing himself as a leader by example in a way thru is work ethic… by doing so will effect the guys around him the want to play harder… so as a result this might effect the timberwolves in a way where things might turn around… if anything the reason why the timberwolves would do this cause they are stupid enough to do it… think about the garnett trade… the mayo for Kevin love trade… the ricky rubio trade that in the end did not get… drafted two point guards last year… face it the timberwolves general manager is stupid

Why the hornets would do this… well rumor has it they want to trade away okafor… his contract is way too much and in return they get a guy who is similar to Tyson chandler(LANDRY) when is was good for a way cheaper price….not only that but if anything they get to replace okafor bad long term contract with two 1 year contracts

In the end even though according to Hollinger we have the bad end of the trade how I see it buy low and sell high… as in right now al jefferson stock is low so buy him cause he can’t get any worse and trade players like scola and landry cause they are doing real well now, but think about Jefferson has more talent than scola and landry combined…. So we get the better deal in the end…. Not only that Jefferson would want to play for us, as I explained how he didn’t want to play for the timberwolves… a different environment does a lot to a player… think about if you play on a losing team why would you want to keep playing unless your scola or landry…. With the way things are going and with battier and hayes leader ship Jefferson would burst into the scenes like no other…

8. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/chat/_/id/29559

leebigez, here is further evidence of why your constant Battier-for-Camby trade ideas are not nearly as obvious as you seem to think they are. This is what I've been saying all along. If you're the Clippers, you don't throw away a chance at Lebron or Wade (however small it may be) just to get a guy like Tayshawn Prince or Shane Battier. Not going to happen.

9. jzsomeone

jzsomeone Member

I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHAT YOU ALL THINK ABOUT THIS TRADE.. GOOD OR BAD???

10. Yak

Yak Member

We didn't get a good enough look at it. Spam it one more time.

11. joesr

joesr Member

I think its bad that you posted it 4 times within 30 minutes and all caps like your yelling or something, chillax dude.

12. clos4life

clos4life Member

I don't know if posting this crap 4 times is enough. Try 20, see what happens.

13. jogo

jogo Member

http://www.realgm.com/src_tradechecker/3/

Houston trades:
    Landry, Cook, Tmac

Charlotte trades:
    Diop, Chandler, Wallace

We do this deal to get Wallace and Chandler. Diop is a salary match.

Charlotte does this because they think Landry is a good fit and hope Tmac is good again.

Thoughts?

14. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

I dont think New Orleans would go for it......Plus, Al Jefferson is to injury prone, Id rather go after Bosh are try to get high draft picks from teams, given that 2010 Draft is rich in Talented big men.....

15. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

^ I meant to say Minnesota!!! :grin:

16. DreamShakeFTW

DreamShakeFTW Member

This might be the best we can do. With Milwaukee doing well without Redd, they may want to lose his contract. Gadzuric expires next year so maybe his contract could net something in the offseason. We get scoring in the backcourt and defense and size in the frontcourt.

McGrady
    Cook
    Dorsey
    for
    Redd
    Thomas
    Gadzuric

C - Thomas, Hayes, Gadzuric, Yao
    PF - Scola, Landry, Andersen
    SF - Ariza, Battier
    SG - Redd, Bidinger, Taylor
    PG - Brooks, Lowry

Sign Conroy/McCants/Harris/Temple

17. Hottoddie

Hottoddie Contributing Member

I'll take a couple of stabs at it.

Trade #1

Houston sends McGrady to NY.

Minnesota sends Pecherov to Houston.

NY sends Curry/Mobley/unprotected 2012 #1 pick to Houston.

NY sends Chandler to Minnesota.

Minnesota does this trade because they are deep at the center position with Jefferson, Hollins, Jawai, & the injured Love, while being in need of help at SF. Chandler would be an instant upgrade over Brewer.

NY does this trade because they get Curry's contract off the books & acquire a potential star player with an expiring contract in McGrady. Chandler is sort of expendable with the emergence of Gallinari.

Houston does this deal because if the McGrady situation blows up, this might be the best deal we can get. In this deal Houston gets 2 centers & a #1 pick, while retaining some of McGrady's expiring contract in Mobley's deal to help in resigning Scola. I've liked Pecherov for quite some time & he's finally starting to develop into a nice young player. He's not a shot blocker, but he's very athletic & should be able to get up & down the floor with this current nucleous of players. He's a very nice rebounder & scorer.

As for Curry, perhaps Adelman can get his attention & turn him into a basketball player. If not, his contract will expire after next year & make him a good candidate for trading to a team wanting some cap relief.

And finally, given the perpetual ineptitude of the NY organization, the unprotected 2012 #1 pick could be worth it's weight in gold.

Trade #2

This trade is a play off of some of the ideas posted in this thread with a little twist.

Houston sends McGrady to NY.

Minnesota sends Pecherov to Houston.

NY sends Curry to Houston.

NY sends Chandler to Minnesota.

NY sends Hughes/Hill/conditional 2012 #1 pick to New Orleans.

New Orleans sends Okafor to Houston.

New Orleans sends Posey to NY.

Minnesota does this trade because they are deep at the center position with Jefferson, Hollins, Jawai, & the injured Love, while being in need of help at SF. Chandler would be an instant upgrade over Brewer.

NY does this trade because they get Curry's contract off the books & acquire a potential star player with an expiring contract in McGrady. Chandler is sort of expendable with the emergence of Gallinari & Posey will add a veteran presence.

New Orleans does this trade because they give up 2 large contracts for Hughes's expiring contract & they pick up a promising young PF in Hill & a 2012 #1 pick. This should help them stay under the LT & help in resigning Paul long term.

Houston does this trade because we are in dire need of some size on the front line & the addition of Okafor, Pecherov & Curry solves that problem once & for all. This deal also puts us in a position to package some of our players (Andersen, Landry, Curry, Cook, or Hayes) in another deal to get a legitimate SG. When Yao comes back, it also gives us the flexibility to do a S&T with Scola or trade Okafor if he doesn't gel with this team.

For what it's worth, that's my opinion. :grin:

18. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

NO EDDY CURRY PLEASE!@

I say that in the nicest way possbile.

19. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

yea, thats how strongly I feel about not wanting to get ANY part of Eddy Curry....I feel like vomiting every time I hear that name in Rockets trade talks...

20. Hottoddie

Hottoddie Contributing Member

I'm not a big fan of Curry's either, but you sometimes have to take some garbage to get a diamond in the rough. I believe Pecherov is that player. If Curry can't be coached up, his contract expires after next year & he should be very easily traded. Besides, in the first trade we get a nice #1 pick & in the second trade we get Okafor.