1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Clutchfans]Adelman has no interest in playing Tmac

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by The_Yoyo, Nov 23, 2009.

1. amaru

amaru Member

His terrible defense would have fit in with the rest of the team's tonight :eek:

2. acjeitherocket

3. alethios

alethios Member

Adelman has no interest because TMac doesn't run RA's offense like he's supposed to. Never will, so bye-bye Tracy.

4. Hball

Hball Member

Point is you still need a tracy or a guy of his caliber, that you can go to when teams adjust to the RA offense, how many times have the rockets started off great and then the orther team tighten's up their defense, that's when you need a guy that can create something out of nothing by drawing double teams, or a guy that can get his shot off at any time (and can actually make them) Even with yao I still think it will keep us from being an elite team because you can easily take yao out of a game with fronting, thats why Im still think we need mcgrady.

5. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

just give it a few more losses and rick adelman will change his mind soon enough.

6. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Member
    Supporting Member

Are you Mrs. Dada or something? What have you done with him?

7. sephiroth.hk

sephiroth.hk Member

i guess adelman will play tmac in coming road games. ^^

8. pdewalt

pdewalt Member

would you post the link if there is one, please?

9. tresimecgredi

tresimecgredi Member

10. t_mac1

t_mac1 Member

“Playmaking has become a primary skill in the league right now,” Carlisle said. “That's one reason you see multiple playmakers in the game. In our case, we are down on healthy bodies, so that's why Beaubois has been starting some of these games. Last year we had Barea start a lot of games based on matchups and the abilities of the team when he's on the floor. Size is a huge factor. Quickness is becoming more of a factor in the league.”

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/bk/bkn/6740088.html

no wonder carlisle has always been enamored with mcgrady. ;) .

11. Artesticles

Artesticles Member

So Clutch, what changed in Adelman's interest?

12. 1individual

1individual Member

Maybe Adelman wanted to showcase him for Hamilton. It sounded weird to me that all of a sudden Adelman gets this idea of putting him in limited minutes. As a coach you couldn't have missed that thought.

13. rockets_fanatic

Has anyone ever though these reporters were simply full of **** and Adelman has been honest with us from the start?

14. Artesticles

Artesticles Member

I don't believe Adelman is the type of coach that would "showcase" anyone. That would be Morey and Les' call.

All I know is suddenly Adelman is quoted to saying he wants to give him a few minutes in this rough upcoming stretch and with Ariza out tonight. Still, it completely invalidates Clutch's source, along with Adrian Woj of Yahoo! With that story being incorrect, I also have no reason to believe that T-Mac/Adelman got into a significant shouting match.

1 person likes this.
  15. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

It doesn't invalidate anything.....they might have some people interested but want to see him on the NBA court a bit first.

DD

16. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

"Believe it or not, I had a feeling this was going to happen all along." - Rick Adelman.

Looks like Ricky just kicked a few people in the Artesticles.

17. tinman

tinman Member
    Supporting Member

Oh Snap!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/z33tH-JdPDg&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/z33tH-JdPDg&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

18. jevjnd

jevjnd Member

While what has happened isn't what I hoped would happen, I think that what is currently happening is somewhat in line with what Rick and DD have said in more ways than one. Adelman is indeed protecting Mac from himself and he's right when he says that he seems unable to play at the same tempo as the rest of the team. I have a feeling that in a year or so, Mac will be a heck of a player again, but that indeed doesn't do much for this franchise now. Also, I wouldn't ever doubt Clutch's sources as he's always been spot on. I think that what irks me about this board is people who call others idiotic and give personal attacks like that. It's uncalled for. I think that a good lot of us are adults capable of having rational discussion. Just because someone doesn't agree with another person's stance, doesn't necessarily make one or the other an idiot. Let's just stop having these shouting matches and move on. The Mac era seems to be over.

19. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Member
    Supporting Member

I honestly don't see anything inconsistent here. Adelman not having any interest in playing t-mac because he's not healthy - duh. People made it out to be personal. It wasn't. It was just business and the fact t-mac wasn't ready.

20. platy

platy Member

Artesticles got owned by Clutch :grin: