1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bald vs Fat

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Bandwagoner, Nov 22, 2009.

?

Bald or Fat?

1. Bald

195 vote(s)
    81.3%
  2. Fat

45 vote(s)
    18.8%
  1. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

What if 70 pounds gives you 10 pounds of extra skin? How does your "natural fix" work at that point?
    [​IMG]

2. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

I would go with bald, you can cover it with a hat, or something.

3. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

Losing weight (and being fat) has very little to do with going to the gym and more in part to what you are eating at your dinner table every day.

4. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

I'm bald and I like it. I never wear a hat.

5. Chamillionaire

nice, funny. i'm a little overweight, but only a few pounds, probably from all the beer, but if and when i go back to the gym, i'll get back in shape. i have no doubts about that. the only difficult part is that when you hold down a full time job and have a baby, and your wife also works, it's really hard to find the time to exercise.

as for being bald, once it's gone, it's gone. i'd rather be a little fat, but not obese fat. no way.

6. macho GRANDE

macho GRANDE Elvis, was a hero to most but................

You're not black.

7. MoBalls

MoBalls Contributing Member

You wear a cape and a mask pendejo.

1 person likes this.
  8. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Hey, thanks for the compliment.

9. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Worst thing you could do is wear a hat to cover it up. The disappointment on a womens face when you finally take it off is tough to get over.

10. bullardfan

bullardfan なんでやねん

i was going to answer fat but i have a lot of fat friends and they are not losing that weight anytime soon or at all. yeah, women will initially be turned off by a bald guy but if you're fit and dress well then it will probably make up for being follically challenged.

it's like asking if you would rather be with a butter face girl or a beautiful girl who is a little chubby or a toothpick.
    butterface might be more fun in bed but you can't be seen in public with her.

11. bigballerj

bigballerj Member

Butterface would also limit the number of guys that hit on her when your back is turned.

I'm not quite bald (1 guard all over with a bald spot & receding hariline) and in good shape. I was overweight in highschool with a full head of hair so I have experienced both both. Bald is definitely better.

12. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

As a fat, bald guy, I'd prefer to be thin with hair. (I don't meet either of your criteria, but I am 40 pounds overweight and I've lost a lot of hair.)

13. Franchise2001

Franchise2001 Contributing Member

Let's see... health issues associated with being bald: More susceptible to sun burn on the head (wear a hat).

Health issues associated with being fat: Type 2 Diabetes, Heart disease, joint problems from stress... do I need to keep going? You might notice that there aren't many fat elderly relative to the younger population.

[​IMG]

14. Mrs. Valdez

Mrs. Valdez Member

Alright, this poll wasn't made for me but I voted fat. As a woman, there are plenty of other women on the pudgy side (to be honest, American women are more often than not overweight after a certain age). I am working hard to take off the weight I put on carrying twins (and the two kids before them) and I hate being overweight. But I have a female friend who is bald and that is HORRIBLE for a woman's self esteem. You feel compelled to secrecy and very alone in this struggle. I know that I can get back in shape whereas she has been unable to grow her hair back for a sustained period.

But for men, I still don't understand why they mind being bald. Bald is sexy. Fat is, well... less healthy. Although there is something appealing about larger than life personalities (and persons) such as Fitz in Cracker.

15. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

Interesting exchange

16. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

As the creater of the poll I did make it for everyone. I thought women would vote bald for sure. A woman can so easily wear a wig or extensions or anything and it is completely accepted.

17. Mrs. Valdez

Mrs. Valdez Member

A woman can wear a wig but it has to come off at some point. It surprised me to consider how significant our natural hair condition is to our perception of our beauty. I think this is far more the case for women than for men. How many men wish their hair were curly or blond?

18. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Just curious if she has considered hormone treatments. I dated a girl in college who went bald but that was because she shaved her head.

19. Mrs. Valdez

Mrs. Valdez Member

She has done several types of hormone treatments and participated in a study on alapecia. For a while it was improving but it would get terrible when she was pregnant and now that she is in her late thirties she has more hormone fluctuations to come. Basicly any life stage will mean all of her hair falling out again and when it is in it is very thin with bald spots. It's a very different problem than male pattern baldness.

20. Ari

Ari Member

That is news to me!

I will agree with being obese, especially in THIS DAY AND AGE and with the advances made in surgical medicine, being "fat" is much easier to reverse than being bald, at least AT THE MOMENT. I am willing to wager that within the next 20 years or less, every fat guy will have the opportunity to undergo a very simple weight-loss procedure that will be highly affordable, highly effective and completely reversible (like using a lap-band or something to that effect). I already know people who have done it and they are thrilled by the results. It is still expensive now and most insurance companies won't pay for it, but that will change over time.

Of course, being "fat" is also relative. I would not mind being up to 100 lbs over weight (I am tall so that would mean 320 lbs instead of 220 lbs) but I would much rather be bald than, say, be 200 lbs or more over weight.

So yeah, until there is an actual proven permanent solution to baldness, being fat is still easier to deal with. Not to mention that most fat people I have met are nice and friendly and generally add positively to their environments (work or home). On the flip side, most bald middle-aged men that I have met are ultra-competitive asssholes in a position to make life miserable for others. Must have something to do with all that extra testosterone running around.