1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[yahoo] McGrady and Adelman in heated argument

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by keez857, Nov 20, 2009.

1. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

[​IMG]

I see what you did there.

2. blactrs2

blactrs2 Member

i think let him play. we need a closer. its not going to hurt anything or anyone to try it out. i understand they're probably making him wait bc of his actions last season and if so thats fine but dont let it get out of hand, just play him and if he messes up the chemistry (which i feel he will bc he's never had a lot of movement on the court, he will stifle ball movement IMO) then get rid of him. its that simple...but i can also understand then allowing him to sit out bc of the insurnace situation...but i wld love to see him if for no other reason just to get ariza to stop handling the ball so often. battier and ariza are great bball players but terrible ball handlers which puts pressure on our guards to handle the ball too much at times

3. legend215

legend215 Contributing Member

So t_mac1...what do you have to say about the info coming out that the argument didn't happen and that Tracy was the one that fed Yahoo the story?

4. MiddleMan

MiddleMan Contributing Member

It's on me!!!

5. MiddleMan

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to tested911 again.

6. Possum

Possum Member

TMac is the new Steve Francis. Like I said a year ago the only value this guy has left to this team is as an expiring contract. Anyone who doesnt see that isnt paying attention. :rolleyes: We need to get what we can for this guy and move on.

7. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Well, to support the team, means you have to support T-Mac, who is still on the team. Nice to see you're still T-Mac's biggest fan. :cool:

8. Tenchi

Tenchi Contributing Member

If you let him play, it takes away time from the younger guys who are still learning and trying to develop. If he plays and you either trade him or let his contract expire then he's not going to be here next year. If your players develop this year, figure out how to run the offense, and come back next year with Yao and whatever Free Agent, they'll have a good chance of going very far into the playoffs. The positives of sitting him out outweigh the negatives, whether for insurance money, or for letting him heal properly.

9. EssTooKayTD

EssTooKayTD Contributing Member

Um...funny with the detail, but he wears number 3. Forgot to add, "if this is new."

10. EssTooKayTD

EssTooKayTD Contributing Member

Then just tell him that straight up. Everyone thinks he's coming back soon. If they have no intentions of that happening, just tell him. Take the higher road, none of this punish him crap. What's the saying? Don't stoop to so-and-so's level.

11. MiddleMan

12. Franchise2001

Franchise2001 Contributing Member

When you have $20M+/year invested in an asset. You should have complete control over what you do with it for the better of the team. If Tmac comes back healthy and plays within the system, then we all win.

You are dealing with a serious injury. Let the Rockets have all the info, between MRI and quality of practice, they need to make the best decision for them.

Another point: Tmac wanted to play last year when he had zero business doing so.

13. Seth

Seth Member

Lol, would be really funny. Though i think Adelman and Morey are better men than McGrady, they will inform him first. But when the deal is done, so that he cannot call himself out for the season again.

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Nowhere else can a peaceful conversation turn into a heated argument. ;)

15. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Not karma, but reality. The majority of the time, players get traded and find out via media. Nothing new. Even Skip said last year he didn't even know he got traded until he saw it on TV. This is another reason why I thought they blew that situation out of proportion because teams do that to players all the time. Then agian, management has the power, players do not.

16. Dream Shake 81

If it was me in T-mac's situation, i would do the same thing. As a man you are looking out to keep your job or worth. RA is overall lessening Tracy's value.

17. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

[​IMG]

It's not personal T-Mac. It's just business.

18. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

The most important point that everybody is missing from this article:

His conditioning and lack of practice time is the main issue here. Sure, we've all known about the Nov 23rd MRI for quite some time now. Do I expect him to pass the MRI with flying colors? Absolutely. But will that change anything in regards to the timetable of his return? No, because if the opinion of Rockets brass on Nov 20th is that he's not game ready, that most certainly is not going to change between now and Monday. You don't just magically gain months of conditioning overnight....literally.

As far as the validity of the report goes, I don't doubt that McGrady is frustrated and that some form of "What the hell is going on?" type exchange took place between he and Adelman. The whole incident of McGrady putting on his uniform was sort of like a mini-protest. I'm sure there's been tension building there on both sides. I just hope that a compromise can be met because (1) We don't need any distractions, (2) It kills his trade value if we tip our cap and let everybody know that we HAVE to deal him and (3) Because, well, i'm still curious if he can help this team out. In any event, burning bridges and not communicating does this team absolutely no good at all. Even if he never plays another game for the Rockets, I hope we at least have the decency to explain the situation to him that "Hey, we're moving on and we'll do our best to trade you".

19. tested911

tested911 Member

It's not like he's a rookie or trying to establish himself in the league. He has already accumulated over 100+ Million dollars.. Show respect to the organization and maybe they will treat you the same. DM has consistently said good things about him yet he pulls a whiner card out.

20. tingalingy

tingalingy Member

Question about TMAC and the insurance.

We can begin collecting insurance after the 41st consecutive missed game. But is that something that would be tradeable?

Could we conceivably trade TMac to another team, where they could apply for the insurance money?

Because if they could, that would be a HUGE asset in a trade situation.

Although that's not something that we would do. But think about it. I mean, as it is, insurance is picking up about 9 million of TMac's salary. In a trade situation, with the trade rules of player's salaries being within 25% of each other, we could trade a 14 million salary (23mil - 9mil insurance) for 28 mil in return.

We wouldn't do it, but WOW!, how good of a chip would that be if we could? 28 million for 14 million in this economy. It'd be gold!!!!