1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[yahoo] McGrady and Adelman in heated argument

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by keez857, Nov 20, 2009.

1. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

He has his timetable. The MRI is scheduled for the 23rd. McGrady is just being the baby he has always been. Screw him. He needs to STFU, take his MRI and if the team is satisfied, I am sure they will let him play. Unfortunately he has never been good at shutting his pie hole.

2. T-macsterful1

T-macsterful1 Member

I 100% agree with this. I'm not demanding we put him on the court because he's our savior but they have to do SOMETHING with him or at least tell him, no 'person' deserves this kind of treatment, he is after all only human and this probably hurts a great deal.

I know he was a douche bag to the organization last year but I can guarantee both Morey and R.A lost 0 sleep over it. T-mac now has to deal with not doing anything with his life at the moment and working hard for a team that might not even want him and aren't telling him.

If that's the case this organization will lose some of the respect I have held for them for the passed 20 years. They have always made the right decisions in the best interest of the team and players even regarding Stevie "I wanna watch the superbowl" francis. They need to show t-mac an ounce of respect.

3. ceonwuka

ceonwuka Member

If I'm understanding the article correctly, then after T-Mac's 41st consecutive missed game the Rockets (or whatever team he's traded to) can collect insurance money if he gets injured again this season.

"Assuming that McGrady is covered under the NBA’s Temporary Total Disability (TTD) insurance policy, Houston can start to collect up to 80 percent of his prorated per-game salary after he’s missed 41 consecutive games. McGrady sat out his 42nd straight game Wednesday in Minnesota, and the league insurance plan would reimburse the Rockets for any additional missed games."

So say T-Mac comes back November 23rd, plays for a week but then goes down again in a week or so... we'd still be reimbursed because he missed at least 41 consecutive games.

If that's true then that's very shrewd of management to keep the MRI date at the 23rd of November to protect the value of their asset if in fact he breaks down again. McGrady should understand that it really is just a wait of 5 days and considering his injury history the team has every right to be cautious.

*As a side note, this whole McGrady saga is kindof sad. I really had high hopes for him when we acquired him, but I think over the course of his time here he's shown his true colors in regards to his priorities. Guys like Kobe/MJ/Wade (heck, even LeBron) surely have huge egos to go along with their huge talent, but these guys give you the feeling that they'll do anything to help their team win. Whereas guys like McGrady/Iverson (and even Shaq) will do anything to protect their image or status. I just hope we can get something of value from him at this point :(

4. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Not a big TMac fan because I think he has been anything but a team player. He came in and out of the lineup at will last season seriously hurting the Rockets to grow as a team. When it was clear the Rockets did not want him to do the surgery he did it anyway. Who knows what the Rockets had in mind for him? Maybe a new home? Regardless he is getting paid a lot of money and he is very clearly not a company man.

Just my take:

Adleman: Does not want to take a chance on ruining the the great team chemistry that he has going on right now with the team. I think he loves his rotation and the team. If he is going to interrupt that then I think wants a real difference maker and he does not consider TMac a difference maker.

Morey: Pissed at TMac for moving in and out of the line up with little or no consideration for what the team wanted last season. Possibly had a deal to move him at the trade deadline but screwed the team by getting the surgery when it was clear the team did not want him to get it. TMac is and never has bee a Morey guy. Morey would rather loose TMac for nothing then take back some other teams crap just to unload TMac.

5. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

dude, he can't play if coach doesn't let him play. so he's not going to affect any plans the insurance has in regards to insurance money.

even if he dresses up and do whatever, if the team puts him on the inactive list like they did, there's nothing he can do but SIT.

the team puts out the active and inactive list, not mcgrady. so how can he screw them over in regards to that? by dressing up for pregame routines? :rolleyes:

6. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

They just don't want a repeat of last year. This year, the Rockets call the shots. Whether McGrady likes it or not does not matter since he put the organization in this situation last season.

Bottomline both sides need to get their head out of their asses, figure out what happens after that MRI in Nov 23 and decide whether they want T-mac back or not.

7. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

At least Tracy shows up wearing clothes - that's more than we could say for Ron Artest.

8. h-townfan

h-townfan Contributing Member

Its funny how people want him to rush and go out and play after what we went through last year. Even if he says he is able to play it is better to err on the side of caution if you are the Rockets. We are talking about a $23MM investment for god sakes. If he has been going full force in practices for the past couple of weeks the MRI next week will reinforce that the knee is structurally sound and he will be cleared to play. Its quite simple really.

9. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think it's clear DM and Adelman have decided they don't want T-mac back. T-mac has every right to be pissed - he's ready to go and they won't let him play.

I hope the Rockets do the right thing and trade the guy to someplace he can play and make a contribution. I think it's a big mistake Adelman is making. A really big mistake and this might come back to haunt him.

In any case, that is the nature of sports, and what is done is done. Too late to go back.

Trade T-mac and let's move on. I wish T-mac the best, too bad they wouldnt' give him a chance.

10. skillz034

skillz034 Member

looks like this is more about money than anything else. I hope they let T-mac play soon. Theres something really shady going on right now.

11. Franchise2001

Franchise2001 Contributing Member

McGrady is such a baby. Regardless if he's ready to play, the team set a date for NOVEMBER 23rd for an MRI. All these tmac propagandists on here need to mark this date down: NOVEMBER 23rd. If his MRI looks good and he's cleared by the team on NOVEMBER 23rd.

When he does get on the court, if he can attack the rim and play defense, he will be a part of the team. He can't get on the court until the NOVEMBER 23rd tests clear him.

Once again... all you people who want to ride Tmac's jock...

NOVEMBER 23rd NOVEMBER 23rd NOVEMBER 23rd NOVEMBER 23rd NOVEMBER 23rd NOVEMBER 23rd NOVEMBER 23rd NOVEMBER 23rd NOVEMBER 23rd NOVEMBER 23rd NOVEMBER 23rd NOVEMBER 23rd NOVEMBER 23rd NOVEMBER 23rd NOVEMBER 23rd NOVEMBER 23rd NOVEMBER 23rd NOVEMBER 23rd NOVEMBER 23rd NOVEMBER 23rd NOVEMBER 23rd NOVEMBER 23rd NOVEMBER 23rd NOVEMBER 23rd NOVEMBER 23rd NOVEMBER 23rd NOVEMBER 23rd NOVEMBER 23rd

12. t_mac1

i think that's the case too. tracy was very unprofessional last year. VERY UNPROFESSIONAL. he kept calling the shots and his status was always up in the air, which i'm sure did piss off adelman and morey.

and i guess they want to show mcgrady who's boss this year.

but by going tit-for-tat, it's not going to solve anything but only aggravate things.

13. ceonwuka

ceonwuka Member

They told him that they'd make a decision after the 23rd of November. He should understand that last year him being in-and-out of the lineup was a great strain on the team and just keep quiet and wait till then even if he feels he is ready to go. Last year the Rockets allowed him to do what he "felt" and we saw how that turned out. Really its what, 5 days after his own target date of November 18. I think they are showing him an appropriate amount of respect considering his habits of placing himself before the team. They still speak very highly of him whenever asked. They are exercising their authority as the owners of his contract.

14. MiddleMan

MiddleMan Contributing Member

Tracy burned his bridges last february, thats why.

15. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He's ready to go - that date is as hollow as the Nov 18th date. It's arbitrary.

16. caneks

caneks Rookie

Interesting. Do we prefer the one who dresses, looks like ready to play but can't play or the one who doesn't dress at all, looks like not ready to play but can play?

17. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

So says you.......

Let's listen to the doctors and the Rockets organization.

They are the only mature party commenting on this situation at the moment.

DD

18. t_mac1

“There is no timetable,” Adelman said. “Though it looks like there's been a lot of timetables out there the last day or so, there hasn't been for me.”

timetable means approximate dates. adelman has reiterated MANY times there is no timetable. he's been very adamant about that. 11/23 is simply the date of the MRI and practice. no one from the organization has said if he practices well, he'll play right after. or if he practices well, how much more would he have to stay out before playing.

19. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

TMac has to earn their trust by playing hard in practice on both ends, and on back to back days.

Seems reasonable to me.

DD

20. t_mac1

doctors?

Before McGrady began his rehabilitation in Chicago this summer, he had to be cleared by a top athletic surgeon for full-contact basketball. Ultimately, McGrady was deemed OK to play daily against All-Star talents like Dwyane Wade(notes) and Devin Harris(notes).

it's obvious something is going behind the scenes that aren't reported by the chron and we have to go to yahoo for this.