1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[chron]McGrady fidgets on sidelines as he awaits OK to play

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by the_hustler, Nov 20, 2009.

1. rockets2

rockets2 Member

I think that yahoo article was nonsense. if he had an heated argument with adelman jon or fran would have reported. especialy fran who has it in for tmac. but nothing about a so called heated argument in this piece. so i'm not gonna give it to much credit .

Well if he is even 80% o what he used to be he is our best player easily including yao.i think we'll know more by this time next week

2. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

Just check out his shirt. Except for his abdominal region, the shirt is a shade darker because of his sweat. That should tell you that he is wearing something underneath.

3. Pringles

Pringles Member

People never learn.

Don't listen to anything he says.

I'll trust the MRI that'll happen on Monday.

4. Chuck 4

Chuck 4 Member

I say if he is healthy, let him play. If anything, to showcase him. But don't sit him out if he is healthy just because of a grudge (if that is indeed what is going on. None of us know for sure).

5. t-mac_#3_SG

t-mac_#3_SG Member

Can't they see it? He feels ready and he (i'm going to repeat his expression because it sounded
    so on point) is dying to play, but they still doubt him..

If they wanna doubt him, they'd better let him play a little first..

6. spaceage808

spaceage808 Member

Karma in action. What goes around.. comes around.

7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I hope this goes well.

If Tracy is busting his butt and running on offense and defense, then I think the organization should play him.

If he slacks off on either end, put him on the bench.

What I worry about is his contract year status, where he wants to get his 'Touches"....this is a team that doesn't worry about that...

Let's hope when he comes back it remains that way.

DD

8. HowsMyDriving

HowsMyDriving Member

there is zero chance of this happening.

9. HowsMyDriving

HowsMyDriving Member

not just that, but after the way he torpedoed the organization last year, why should they do him any favors if they don't have to? The organization needs to do whats in its own best interest, not what's in tracy's best interest. after all the garbage he has put the team through, i dont care if he never suits up this year, never plays this year, never gets traded, and has to sit on the sideline and rot.

10. DwangBoy

DwangBoy Member

I'd only take Tmac back if he promises to never quit on the Rockets, not for one minute he plays on the court or off the court.. and also.. hire a PR rep to say things for you--you are done with the press to me.

11. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Just put him out there. He'll start limping again before you know it.

12. MasterZen

MasterZen Member

Although T-Mac Approach is not the ideal approach and he makes mistakes as much as anyone here and out there he is part of a world with Big Ego’s and I am in charge, T-Mac is a very talented Basketball player anyone who denies that does need to learn the game of Basketball. A 75% of Healthy T-Mac is way better above 85% of NBA players.
    Now I know that you do not miss something unless you lose it, I also know Houston fun want to win and win now, The Houston Media is not helping either because they want to glamour everything because they understand that drama sales,
    This is my Predication If Houston let go T-Mac and he goes to a contender team Such as L.A or Boston or Dallas, you made a city and an NBA Franchise Happy just picture Imagine if you will Kobe and T-Mac Next to Gasol. Once you have that picture in your mind talk now.

13. TeamUSA

TeamUSA Member

LOL. :grin: :grin: :grin:

14. TeamUSA

TeamUSA Member

he may be physicall healthy but mentally he's always be a cancer. the way he is acting now over this is an indication of that illness.

15. rhester

rhester Contributing Member

TMac if healthy can make a big difference.

He can play a running style- forget all the stuff about him stopping the offense

He is the best passer on the team, has a very high BB IQ can play defense (if he is very motivated- hope and pray) and he is one of the best streak shooters in the league.

If he can go to the rim he is deadly

I see McGrady playing fewer min.- 25-35, and if healthy running more.

He doesn't move well without the ball if he isn't getting touches so I do expect him to play more of the pick and roll.

We need him to be able to force double teams and we need him to run and defend-

I think TMac is very smart and hopefully will sacrifice ego for chemistry- alot depends on how RA handles it.

16. c0r0na21

c0r0na21 Member

I wish they would let him play already so we can see what he can do, and i think he will play like he did in the old days.......i think rockets just trying to get money of the insurance from him missing games that's what i read in the yahoo story about him arguing with the head coach.

17. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

This is 100% false.....Yahoo Sports would break a story long before either JF would, they protect their standing with the franchise...Yahoo does not.

DD

18. Dream lover

Dream lover Member

It's all about the insurance. The team needs him to sit longer so the insurance kicks in, it's more than the consecutive days. If they let him play before the insurance kicks in and he gets hurt again, they are on the hook for the entire amount of his salary. When the insurance kicks in, the team gets paid back for his salary for whatever games he misses.

19. c0r0na21

c0r0na21 Member

this guy is right he is wearing something underneath you can tell maybe some ab ripper type of pack....

20. jVgOwnsYou

jVgOwnsYou Contributing Member

OMG he had a disagreement with a higher authority on the team??????? What an unprecedented disaster. /sarcasm off

Cmon guys. Dont tell me you have never had to have a heated discussion with a boss at work. Would you rather he not care?