1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Help!! NBA League Pass in Austin, TX???

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by elvis, Oct 27, 2009.

1. freddyg956

freddyg956 Member

yup i have dtv also ,and they have never blacked out rockets games before,but even on nba lp broadband its blacked out, so dont know why, maybe comcast owns the games

2. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

I was pissed and it's not Direct TVs fault. Unbelievable. They have never done that before. Broadband as well. Apparently there making so much money they don't need mine. It would take me an hour flight just to get to Houston and go see the games. Have had league pass every year for almost 12+ years and had to cancell my subscription tonight. I don't know if Comcast owns the games, but would like to find out.

3. mfgarza

mfgarza Contributing Member

I'm annoyed that they're blacked out here in the Valley..so they are gonna black out the Rockets here in the valley?

4. TimeZone

TimeZone Member

I'm in Tyler, TX (which should really be Mavs territory) and both games have been blacked-out on my DirecTV NBA League Pass.. This really ticks me off. What's the deal??? You pay for this and then you have to resort to trying to watch internet feeds. Why?? It's a load of bull. :mad:

5. dragonz

dragonz Member

Austin IS LONGHORN'S TERRITORY!
    who the hell is Spurs?!

6. dragonz

dragonz Member

If they blackout Rockets game, that mean its playing on some other channels regionally

7. MourningWood

MourningWood Contributing Member

Looks like tonight's game isn't on LP in austin... it's not on the teamhd channels (911-920). does it have anything to do with the game being on nba tv?

anyone else having this problem?

8. tracymingreedy

tracymingreedy Contributing Member

Has anybody solved the problem of blackout in Rio Grande Valley area? Please let me know if TW works.

9. freddyg956

freddyg956 Member

dont have timewarner nba lp, so dont know what the issue is, but i have directv, dont sign up to the nba lp, and for some reason all of the games have been shown aside from the first 2 games of the season, dont know if its something new, or just a glitch, but ive been watching all the rockets games on dtv, prett nice, seeing how its not our local team.. you can also listen to the games on am 1240 , good luck!

10. sjiang78

sjiang78 Member

it used to be that if your zip code is less than 150 miles away from the team's home then you are blacked out. I am not sure about this year's rules.

You may get a very wrong zip code if you are on mobile internet (like 1100 miles off from my phone). For broadband the IP is pretty accurate -that is, less than 25 miles off for my location.