1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Players Twitter who are "real"

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by The_Yoyo, Nov 17, 2009.

1. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

Which players twitters out there do you think is actually the player itself and NOT the players' PR team?

like for example Lowry/Ariza update their accounts themselves (judging from their updates and twitpics)

but players like Yao/Brooks its appears to be more of their PR team

like Shaq's is actually him
    Rudy Gay
    Charlie V
    Bosh
    Ron Artest
    kevin love

are all players i can think of where they handle the account themselves and not a PR firm

But there are several out there that are the official twitter of the player but its not them doing it.

I guess I am just curious...I was talking to a friend of my friend over lunch a few weeks back and she works for PR firm that handles Amare and she is responsible for his FB and Twitter accounts (or has been for the past 2 months)

She said one of Amare's people usually will call her and tell her to have "Amare" tweet something otherwise she has to do all the updates herself

oh and i was told that carl landry twitter account was fake

2. Shaud

Shaud Member

3. H-townhero

H-townhero Member

tough lose, lol :p

4. abc2007

abc2007 Member

I think Yao's twitter is updated by himself, but his fb is updated by his PR team.

5. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

6. worzel gummidge

andrew bogut. he tweets and blogs often on his website.

7. The_Yoyo

those are the list of verified accounts

but i am curious to find out which ones are actually the player themselves and not the players' PR team tweeting on behalf of the player

sort of like those blog entries on tmac.com...those are written by someone else to help tracy's image.

8. FFz

FFz Member

ariza, ab, landry, lowry.

shane has his mobin.

9. SunsRocketsfan

completely off topic.. but where is your thread on the lakers game yoyo? I heard you were right behind the Rockets bench? you always have great pics and a great story.. did i just miss the thread?

10. Rockets_blood

Rockets_blood Member

AB is real i know for sure

11. The_Yoyo

haha i didnt go i was going to go tickets were pricey but a good buddy of mine had his folks' place all to himself so we had a massive house party the entire weekend so i just watched it there with like 14 laker fans

all of whom hate David Andersen now

i'll be at the clippers game dec 2 though....hopefully you SD folks can make it up