1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is It Really THIS Difficult?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Almu, Nov 6, 2009.

1. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

note how all those teams are also HEALTHY.

2. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

Being a fan means you stick with the team, thru the good times and the bad times.

3. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

4. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

i think we have that answer already, they seem committed to Yao. So i wouldn't expect that kind of player to be acquired this year, even if we trade t-mac.

5. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

6. Fierguard

Fierguard Contributing Member

Yes it is that difficult.

If not everyone would do it.

Remember the lakers with Kobe, Shaq, Payton and Malone?
    Remember the Mavericks up 2-0 and a lead in the thrid game?
    Remember the Magic up and Nick Anderson blowing 4 free throws?
    Remember how Cleveland looked the first two rounds of the playoffs last year?
    Remember Robert Horry? (Pick a moment with this guy.)

And that is just Basketball!
    Yankees up 3-0 ring a bell?
    The Undefeated Pats and the Giants.
    The Detroit Red Wings last year.

Winning is Fragile. When we do it we should savor it. Winning is never easy. Else we would not play.

Yes it is this difficult. Yes it is this hard. And Yes it is this worth it.

I am RED.

7. rayrocket

rayrocket Member

Have to say traditional Centers can not dominate NBA games anymore, or I should say any type of Centers can not dominate NBA nowadays, Yao, DH, Shark, or you name it. This league belongs to superstar Swingmen who can play two or more positions with half dozen great role players. TMAC was a perfect guy, but he never trained properly or played hard compared to somebody named after the best Japanese steak.

Morey did his best, Adelman is doing all he can. All we need is a slightly bigger buget number and ambition too, which can only be achieved if that Jewish boss opens his tightly closed wallet a little bit wider. Tmac may come back and play this season, but I do not think he is in Morey's long-term plan anymore. If we can get CP3, i am not saying King or DW, Adelman, the third best coach in NBA in my mind, will bring Huston 2 or more rings.

8. Almu

Almu Contributing Member

I am a true fan. Been on this board since the inception and a Rockets fan since 1984.

And I have been patient. Fifteen years worth of patience.

9. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

and did 93 and 94 not count??? :confused:

10. Almu

Almu Contributing Member

And by the way, Lebron maybe going to the Lakers just goes to show you that its the curse of Olajuwon! Why won't he come to the Rockets! :confused:

11. Almu

Almu Contributing Member

Dude/Dudette....I was in my freshman year of college then!

1994 was A LONG TIME AGO.

Time for another set of rings already!!!! :mad:

12. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

You should be thankful that they've won any championships. There are plenty of fans of other franchises across the spectrum of pro sports that have had it worse than you.

Imagine being a fan of Cleveland sports teams for the last several decades like my father.

Sure, Houston hasn't won much when you group football, baseball and basketball together but it could certainly be worse. 15 years is nothing to fans that have been waiting over 50 years.

13. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Its only a basketball game. You shouldn't be reacting like this. Its very unnecessary.

14. RigoRocket

RigoRocket Contributing Member

I'm obviously a lurker, but I feel that I have to post on this subject.

It is very difficult to win championships and I believe you are selectively remembering what has happened recently. When I was growing up, most of the teams you are mentioning were not elite teams:

The New York Yankees are considered dominant now, but between the years of 1978 and 1996 (17 years - basically the entirety of my non-adult life) they did not win any championships. In fact, they were just flat bad for most of those years.

The New York Giants are in a similar category, not having won between 1990 and 2007 (16 years).

The Boston Celtics were even worse. Their championships were bookended by 1986 and 2008 - 21 years without one.

The San Antonio Spurs 1st championship was in 1999. The franchise joined NBA in 1976

The LA Lakers fare best in this period with wins in 1988 and 2000.

Lets not even get started on the Red Sox. Many of these teams are considered the best franchises of all time, but for the most part all these teams were not elite teams in the 90's. We are now 14 years away from a two peat and we probably would be even closer if the refs grew a pair when Karl Malone bearhugged Drexler. Here's hoping we have another soon!

15. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

It's dude, and i was in 5th and 6th grade, now out of college, so i can definitely relate, but i also remember how we had ZERO championships as a city back then. Now we have 2 from Houston and the dynamo have some too. The astros came closer than ever before and i feel like the Texans are on the way to being a top team for years. My consolation is that at least we haven't spent years and years in the basement of the NBA, like the clippers have and the 76rs for a while too...we've been competitive more years than not, and lately we still keep it interesting and fun despite injuries. And what about 22 in a row? That's not a ring, but let's not underrate that achievement, that's huge, especially in this NBA without being a top contender and with injuries...

16. Almu

Almu Contributing Member

Again...

One of the few things I picked up living in NYC is that there is winning and there is misery.

Rehashing the past glories means NOTHING to me. Memories are just that.

I want to win...ALL THE TIME if possible.

And....like I said before...I don't root for Cleveland, or the Celtics or the Yankees. I ROOT FOR THE ROCKETS.

Finally, I know its just a basketball game. This is just speaking about winning in a world thats outside reality. I have two little girls. I am well grounded.

ALL THAT BEING SAID...

There is WINNING and there is MISERY. Been in MISERY for about 15 years already.

17. MandM's

MandM's Member

it isn't that hard when you have the best players in the game.

we don't have the best players in the game

18. Almu

Almu Contributing Member

Yea we do. They keep getting hurt.

THE CURSE OF OLAJUWON! :p

19. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

then i dont know what to tell you, especially since you keep refering to 15 years, yet we had 2 rings somewhere along those 15, sounds like you want a powerhouse and don't appreciate those 2 years, which sucks because if you think winning it one year is hard, being a powerhouse is even harder. Maybe rooting for one team in a 30 team league isnt the best thing for you :confused:

20. HTownTmac1

HTownTmac1 Member

an OKAY gm?
    no way. he is prob the best GM in the Nba right now.. its rare to do it all at once. but slowly and surely Morey is making us like the sacramento kings in their Glory days with Adelman as thier coach.. look at us. our expectations were low and we are way beyond that.. tell me how you feel at the allstar break.. i will do the same as well