1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Morey's Tweet

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by chimera34, Nov 4, 2009.

Tags:
  1. ivenovember

ivenovember Member

I didn't know we had an NBA Ref on ClutchFans

2. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Despite a few bad calls on Kobe's drives, I thought it was reffed fairly well...

3. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I sure as hell didn't pay attention. The last thing that was on my mind was "the refs suck". I hardly pay attention to the referees otherwise I'd probably be more miserable.

4. ivenovember

ivenovember Member

Kobe will always get calls, but i thought the calls on us against Kobe were kind of bad and then just calls at the end were bad, like when Aaron Brooks was *shooting* and the very physical defense on the last play, but overall, yea, it wasnt badly reffed or anything

5. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah that was a bad call. We could have really used those FT's too. It would not hurt to have a Tracy type player in the 4th quarter.

6. The Joker

The Joker Member

My biggest complaint about the refs are when they make assumption calls. A player drives in and misses a layup (see the AK Dunk last night) and they assume that player was fouled. Also, I wish they would wear ear plugs so they won't hear the fake yells some players make.

7. pdewalt

pdewalt Member

What hurt us tonight were the bad decisions/plays down the stretch. We blew this game. We turned the ball over, missed assignments and missed shots. I would have liked to see Ariza guarding Kobe at some point in the second half. Without a big man in the middle, Battier is overmatched against Kobe most nights. He killed him in the post more than anything.

Hey, we lived by the three and died by the three. Budinger fans, with the way Kobe played, I'm not sure if he could've helped tonight. He definitely can't guard Kobe the way he was playing tonight.

We will get better. We already have. We just have become better at closing games that are close like this one. I would've liked to see Pops in there a little to help crash the boards, the coach must know something that we don't...

This team is gonna be ok!!! :)

8. apollo33

apollo33 Member

whatever, reffing played a big part on us losing.

but im not even that pissed cuz we played like shet too at the end, plus lakers got questionable calls too, so its alright

9. natrix964909

natrix964909 Member

If Dork Elvis thinks the refs ere bad, that means the refs were bad.

10. chimera34

chimera34 Member

oh well...as disappointing and angry as I am for losing, I'm still psyched that the rockets are playing pretty solid and working hard. Hopefully they keep this up, especially when they play the lakers again on the 15th...I'll be there anyone else ;)

11. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

It's definitely good to see the Rockets battle hard and put forth a tremendous effort to have a chance to beat the Lakers.

But they HAVE to beat OKC on Friday. They can't follow that performance with a big disappointment.

12. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

More:

# Good: effort!, off.reb., shot defense-85% contested(Battier 100%!), Cholandry, 41 trans. pts to LAL 22; Need imprvmnt: TOs, def reb., fouling, ball mvmnt
    - 23 minutes ago from web

# Hard fought game by the guys. We all took this one hard. Coaching staff & players put us in a great position to win. Must stay focused for OKC
    - 36 minutes ago from web

13. dmenacela

dmenacela Contributing Member

That foul on brooks determined the game. Lakers got lucky that two shots were not awarded to Brooks on that play when he was jumping in the air. Brooks was CLEARLY shooting the ball! :mad:

14. Melechesh

Melechesh Member

The hand on the face approach doesn't work at all on Kobe. The man can shoot from anywhere blindfolded. Go check Sefolosha, Prince, Marion. They're much better defenders.

15. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

What do they do ... block his shot?

Hand in the face is textbook defense. The Rockets track it, and they value it, because they know it makes a difference. Anyone who's played or just watched basketball for an extended period of time understands that.

16. The Joker

The Joker Member

Hand in the face is by far the best approach. No other defender in the league does as good a job on Kobe as Battier. Don't just look at points scored, look at FG%, Free Throws taken, and the amount of work Kobe has to do to get a decent shot off.

17. HTownTmac1

HTownTmac1 Member

umm... kobe had 41.. and they played a GREAT GAME and we were without budinger and Tmac(hopefully he comes healthy)... AND WE STTTTTILLL LOST BY 1 in overtime.... thats a BIG positive.. our players will mature fast as the season goes on..

oh yeah.. what if kobe had a horrible game? and we had the two rockets mentioned... what then..

18. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

Just watched OT again. Anyone else notice Pat Fraher telling Derek, "Don't worry about it." This came in OT after Hayes won the tip and the ball went out of bounds off Fisher. The next possession he made the cell phone gif call. They reviewed it, but he called some more phantom fouls for Kobe.

Marc Wunderlich
    Pat Fraher
    The tall ref that called the non-shooting foul on Aaron Brooks. This was stupid after Brooks fouled Kobe on the arm before he even turned around to shoot it. Kobe was on the ground, Brooks wasn't.

They try to make the officiating look better until the game is on the line.

19. Melechesh

Melechesh Member

9-22 on Sefolosha, 7 turnovers forced
    15-30 on Battier, 2 turnovers forced
    Kobe couldn't even get a clean shot the other night when he was guarded by Sefolosha. Athletic wings with long arms are Kobe's nightmare. That's the truth.

20. Gakatron

Gakatron Contributing Member

No point complaining about the refs, its the Lakers... everyone knows going in it wont be called down the middle, so no point complaining about it otherwise. Rockets should of won this, it wasn't just the refs that cost them the game.