1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Post-Game Analysis: Rockets 113, Jazz 96

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 2, 2009.

Tags:
  1. 1individual

1individual Member

This is an interesting comment by a Jazz fan:

http://jazzfanz.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=38647&start=100#p775933

2. Rokman

Rokman Member

I love that we are winning with $39.5 million dollars sitting on the bench! It's a damn shame we can't have some of that money back.

3. conquistador#11

Great team defense by our reds.
    But a lot of things from this game gave me the creeps, like Andrei's new haircut and their arena being as dead as a door nail with a lot of empty seats from the get go. Must be the economy. Had it not been for the refs and the flopping, I would have thought we were playing in milwaukee.

4. jasonemilio

jasonemilio Member

The way he finished was far more impressive (not a surprise to me though)

5. Rasselas

Rasselas Contributing Member

Wow. What a game.

You know what was even sweeter? I watched it on NBA League Pass, and had the Jazz color guys. At first that pissed me off. But then, in the 3rd quarter, the Jazz announcers were becoming more and more impressed with the Rockets team, and then even saying things like, "Whoa. This Rockets team will win A LOT of games this year, and I wouldn't be surprised if they make the playoffs."

Then, almost every possession, the Jazz announcers started singing praises about the Rockets' heart, hustle, and desire.

It was like a frickin' Rocky movie, with the home guys changing sides to root for Rocky/Rockets.

What a game.

I gotta say. I love Yao, he's been my favorite player (in all of sports) since we got him, and I'll love him when he returns.... that said... this is the most fun I've had watching a Rockets team in years.

6. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

imagine if we had channing frye instead of the useless david andersen of 2.5M!!!

7. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

This team has got to be one of the smartest and most down to earth i've ever seen. Whatever guys aren't already known as having high basketball IQs are starting to develop it. And they all seem to get along, no ego, nothing, 1 through 15, at least I hope it's 15 and not 14.

8. cst_chenchen

cst_chenchen Member

Great win! Let's Go Rockets! Beat LA

9. Convictedstupid

Cbud played awesome tonight. But so did every rocket.

10. RedGlare07

RedGlare07 Member

This is great stuff. Luis has been great since the season opener, Ariza is earning every cent of his contract so far and AB has really shown the type of development that Morey had envisioned.

I'm really liking what I see out of this group. Early, yes, but the long term looks very promising.

11. Shotcaller

Shotcaller Member

awsome win guys.... always feels great to beat up on UTAH!

12. YallMean

YallMean Member

13. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

I dont think andersen did. at least not from the stats sheet.......

but lets celebreate!!!!!!!!!!

14. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

If anyone is familiar with baseball, we are the Florida Marlins of the NBA. Who doesn't love this team.

15. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Frye is going to have his off days as well...we've got too many other and better 3 point shooters to tell DA to launch 10 a game.

16. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Morey needs a ****ing award for this feat...

17. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I wish we could trade for Marcin Gortat. He would be such a perfect addition for this team. Give the Magic Brian Cook and we are good (since Gortat is BYC player).

I wish Magic were looking for cap relief.

18. Jimes

Jimes Member

Just got back from the game. Missed the 1st quarter. I'm sort of the pessimistic fan who's always thinking worst case scenario and was pleasantly surprised we were close at halftime and then was astonished during that little run by Budinger-Battier-Lowry that got us well into the double-digit lead along with the solid play from pretty much everybody.

The Jazz fans that I overheard or talked to were really impressed with Brooks and Budinger. Also, they had expected Boozer and Millsap to "go to town" against us but hey, we should all be used to people under-estimating Hayes. They were complaining a lot about the refs, and I would agree that from the stuff I saw, we did get a couple more calls.

What stood out was Scola's rebounding, Ariza's jumping the passing lanes (though still sometimes sloppy handles and got lost on D a couple times), the way we're still the masters of charge-taking, Chase's shooting, few TOs by Brooks, and magnificent D by everyone (esp. Battier and Hayes) against that constant cutting and picking the Jazz do in the lane. We gave up some easy baskets in the 2nd qtr but after that, we really clamped down. Good halftime adjustments? Lotta of credit to the coaches and all the players! Unbelievable game!

19. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

he's got to win GM of the year if we make the playoffs...

20. Keyser Soze

Keyser Soze Member

Wow Rockets you saucy sons of b****es! I LOVE THIS TEAM!!!