1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Surprise of the draft.....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Swift Turnaround, May 24, 2000.

1. Swift Turnaround

I was just wondering who you think will be the surprise...no, i don't want to hear miller or miles.....it's gotta be like 17th pick and above....

I go for chris porter.....and i say we go for him too....

2. SwiftRocket

SwiftRocket Member

I say Gabe muneoke (i hope i spelled it right)

------------------

3. Rocket Freak

Rocket Freak Contributing Member

Before any Oklahomer fans come in and add their 1/2 cent let me be the first to say:

Edwardo Navaho. He's gonna be the real deal! LOLIYF!

[This message has been edited by Rocket Freak (edited May 24, 2000).]

4. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

Khalid all Amin!

------------------
    I have a special purpose.

5. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Jamal Magloire

Defense, rebounding.

------------------
    "You've got 6 fouls, use them well" -Derrick Coleman

6. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

How about Ed Cota??

------------------
    Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things!

7. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

I'm also for Chris Porter.

Gotta be the 'fro man!

------------------
    We need some meat in the post!

8. TraJ

TraJ Member

Porter is 6'7" with the afro. That's a decent sized small forward.

------------------

9. Scarface

Scarface Supremely FocASSed
    Supporting Member

Sittin here watching the Madrid and Valencia game on the duece, I can only see one man and his name is Gregor, I wont say the last name as I know it will get censored, but he is the real steal of this draft. Look for Nellie to take him with their #1.

------------------
    "We need to fockass".....Dream back in the day

10. rimbaud

rimbaud Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Why have a 6'7" small forward with a ,fro and no jumpshot when you can have a 6'7" point guard with a 'fro AND a jumpshot?

Basic, people.

------------------
    rimbaud post-a-thon 2000

11. rimbaud

rimbaud Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Jeryl Sasser.

I played with him once in colege. If he can beat me, he can be an All-Star in the NBA. Ha ha

6'7" pg with a 'fro - gotta bet he is a star.

------------------
    rimbaud post-a-thon 2000

12. SPORTINPIXELS

SPORTINPIXELS Member

It will be Jason Kapono. From a close source at UCLA I heard he had an awesome workout with the Lakers and they really want him (he broke some drill record in the workout). Watch out for this guy.

------------------

13. Swift Turnaround

Because he's not a 6'7 small forward...he's an undersized power forward....but he has heart, and u can tell he's gonna work his a$$ off.....

------------------
    What this "franchise" needs, is a Swift draft this year...

14. DEANBCURTIS

DEANBCURTIS Member

I also think it will be Porter.

------------------
    THE DEAN HAS WRITTEN

15. popeye

popeye Member

Scoonie Penn will go before the 20th pick.
    Jerome Moiso will go before the 10th pick.
    Strom. Swift will not go before the 4th pick.

16. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Popeye-

You don't think Swift will go before 4th? Man, that sounds like great news. However, is this your own speculation or have you actually heard this from league sources? If you've heard this from actual sources, then let's get on the phone with Orlando right now and make a deal. Maybe our dream really can happen.

------------------

17. popeye

popeye Member

On Swift

Sorry ..... gut feeling, and some visceral experience from others who I trust ... but accept it as MY OPINION only .......

Several reasons for the Swift prediction, not the least of which are:

1. All the media hoopla over these drafts are nothing but biased speculation by media people who are NOT Journalists as much as Entertainers, and ALL have secondary gain in mind. Finding the next headline ... finding where the next fifteen minutes for some obscure or even talented individual is hidden. In other words when reality sets in, everyone usually sighs a big sigh of relief and says: "Yeah right that's what I would have done. That guys deserves to be there." But before that is said, it's just all so much BS.

2. Swift will NOT play in Vancover or LA LA Clipland. Privately and publicly he has said that. Vancover will not risk it. Again. Clips will Not risk losing more face, especially as they find it more and more diffuclt to search the NBA net for a suitable FA who will sign with them.

3. NJ will take either Kenyon: the absolute best bet in the Draft, bar none, with an extra year as a senior in a very competitive conference which has made him more "ball mature", more eager and a much more well-rounded player. Or they take Mihm, with a hint to everyone about what they feel about the future of J.Williams. Van Horn and Mihm in the front would be nice. If Kenyon is selected, watch for them to move the (base salaried) K V H.

4. Vancover takes the leftovers minus Swift. Either Mihm or Kenyon. For all the obvious reasons. They are NOT brave enough to take Fizer. Mihm by the way will play in Canada. Kenyon said he will "... play anywhere they put me, just let me in."

5. Clips have to take Fizer. Or someone higher, maybe even Darius Miles.

6. Chicago wants Mihm or Kenyon(Yeah like he'll be available,duh!) but will settle for best need at the four. That's Swift, but it is remotely possible they could trade it all away if they lose Mihm.Or jump it and take Darius if he is available. Krause is looking for "another Jordan". he may settle for another Kobe/Garnett.

<center> <Marquee> <font = 3> SWIFT AT THE FOUR OR FIVE!!!!!! </font> </Marquee> </center>

18. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Interesting news on Swift popeye. I knew he didn't want to play for the Clippers, but he hates the Grizzlies too? I hadn't heard that one. But the more teams he dislikes the better. I feel like we could trade with either Chicago or Orlando, particularly Orlando. Chicago could use a center if Mihm goes in the top 3, so we could give them Cato, someone, and the 9th pick. I don't know what Orlando would want from us, but I do know that they owe us a pick, and it would make sense for them to accept a decent offer so they don't lose a pick for nothing down the road a year or so.

------------------

19. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Whoa popeye -- those are some pretty bold predictions. You don't think Swift will go in the Top 3? Interesting also about Moiso .... this your gut feeling?

------------------
    NOTHING BUT .NET
    CLUTCHCITY.NET

20. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

popeye -- good point about Vancouver and the Clippers. I hadn't heard Swift say openly he wasn't interested in Vancouver, but that could be a real issue.

Found this interesting from a Vancouver paper:
    <a href="http://www.vancouverprovince.com/grizzlies/stories/000526/4165524.html">Vancouver still on hoop map</a>

Both Marcus Fizer and Kenyon Martin have said they are not scared off by Vancouver. I call this "Please don't let me slide past the second pick" ...

------------------
    NOTHING BUT .NET
    CLUTCHCITY.NET