1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Post-Game Analysis: Blazers 96, Rockets 87

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 27, 2009.

Tags:
  1. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Why do people hate on brooks so much? Its like they are focused on trying to prove that lowry is better. Its quite annoying and I agree with what you said.

2. Rocket86

Rocket86 Member

The team should just try to mix things up but its very important that if they can not run then on the half court offense that a player can keep the defense honest by a threat of having a low post move. This is where Landry would have been great. Brooks could and will create but teams will clamp down by putting some one bigger and agile to guard him or just deny him the ball.

3. No No Mutombo

No No Mutombo Member

Battier was never that bad in the playoffs.

4. Melechesh

Melechesh Member

Starting Battier and Ariza at the wings is a disaster.

5. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

What it tells me is the rox got one guy (brooks) that can get his own shot. I know why he played so much and that doesn't bother me. Scola was hurt, but i don't think he will be nrealy as good without getting ope jimm's from Yao.

6. rockets2

rockets2 Member

Not having healthy yaoand mac meant automatic double and triple teams hence open looks for the likes of shane. in 07 tmac drew the 2nd highest amont of double teams in the league. hopefully once he rturns, that will have the same effect again

7. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Not really. Battier looked more solid than ever in the preseason.

I don't think it's a coincidence that we have had three seasons in a row with 50+ wins. It's just one bad game dude. The Lakers can't even win in Portland.

8. leebigez

Go look at his +/- in the playoffs since becoming a rocket

9. worzel gummidge

Yep, Battier's been good for the Rockets in the playoffs.

10. leebigez

What playoffs have u been watching?

11. rockets2

rockets2 Member

Ariza will be on the benh once trcy getts match fit.

12. RockeTexans22

RockeTexans22 Member

Yea i dont really like that.

13. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

I dont think it's that necessary, especially when we really don't have someone like that who can be fed off of contsistently. It's suppose to be a small and fast team, we shouldn't reserve the running to the full court game, let them run all over the half court. I know it's not the tradiational "half court" game, but we don't have that traditional game. Sometimes you have to go with what you can do.

14. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

This is what I said:

Him and Ariza on the team, especially starting, doesn't make any sense. Getting rid of Battier has been long overdue. Ariza is cheaper, younger, more athletic, and just a better overall basketball player.

What part of that did you not understand?

Portland could actually use a guy like Battier and in return we could get younger and more talented. At this point, you wouldn't trade Battier for Outlaw and either Fernandez or Bayless or Batum? I sure as hell would.

15. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

Did anyone watch the Portland broadcast on league pass? During the pre game chatter they were talking about Tmac. They said that during the warm ups he was doing wind sprints on the court. One time up and down the court and he was exhausted. They said he looked very out of shape and favored his right leg heavily.

I was confused because Bill and Matt have been saying he looks great. In those skillzlab videos he looked the thinnest he's been in years. He also looked skinny in his suit today. Portland's announcers have no motive to make up stuff about Tmac's conditioning. It's not like he helped us beat their team last year. Could he have gotten worse since reporting to camp?

16. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

He was a machine in one game against the Lakers but pretty marginal in most.

17. plates300

plates300 Member

I can't remember the line up that started the second quarter, but the defensive rotations or there lack of killed it for the rockets.

18. No No Mutombo

No No Mutombo Member

I did. There was one game against the Lakers where he was -28, but there were other players on the team that were around that number as well. That was the game without Yao.

19. cst_chenchen

cst_chenchen Member

Lowry has made great progress in this summer, and Andersen is much better than I thought. I am impressed by them today.

20. Aries177

Aries177 Member

Ariza needs to learn how to create his own shot. This isn't LA, we don't run the triangle. I would go with Battier over Ariza for right now, and have Ariza come off the bench.