1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

is Scola still hurt?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by akuma, Oct 27, 2009.

1. akuma

akuma Member

i remember when Artest's ankle was all messed up through out most of the season. it was messed up before the season began from playing too much on concrete, and then he kept on tweaking it and retweaking it. he just never got really healthy and it showed in his speed and defense. if Scola's ankle isn't even close to recovered then i don't see it getting better by playing on it. it might be better for the Rockets to shut him down for a couple weeks. they have another game in less than 24 hours, a game against the Lakers and two tough road games against Utah and Dallas. the only games i think that are relatively winnable in the next two weeks is the home game against Portland and the home game against the Thunder. Golden State tomorrow is definitely possible, but i don't think it's worth the risk. what does anyone else think?

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

I think his timing was a bit off........but he looked ok....

DD

3. markus4040

markus4040 Member

yes, he was very rusty

4. Rocketeer

Rocketeer Contributing Member

Agreed, plus he's missed most of preseason. Might take him a couple of games to bounce back.

5. Rocket86

Rocket86 Member

He would/should be well rested for tomorrow's game. If He still plays the same way like tonight then the team should try to re-evaluate his status. He might as well try to rest the ankle for a couple more games.

6. cst_chenchen

cst_chenchen Member

Without Yao, Scola is not as good as I think.

7. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

I was thinking this for a moment tonight but then realized that he played well last year in the very few games Yao missed.

8. lalala902102001

I thought that his foot work definitely was not where it was last year. I don't know if that has to do with him just being rusty or his anke injury.

9. RockeTexans22

RockeTexans22 Member

He looked like it tonite.

10. janpwnz

janpwnz Member

I honestly don't think he's still hurt. His post moves was negated by LA defense since he's very long. He didn't do good against the Jail breakers last year during the playoffs. (if i remember right, most of the dmg he did is around the elbow area where he fed off from yao's kick out) He also needs some time to get in the grove since he missed most of the pre-season games. I have him on my fantasy team (drafted him at like 7th or 8th round) I didn't expect him to get off a good start but i do expect him to be at least a 16/9 player by the end of the season. :)

11. MB20

MB20 Member

Unfortunately, it will be like this the whole season.
    They better start hitting outside shots and defending like there´s no tomorrow, because the lack of height upfront will be the main weakness the team has this year.
    Anyway, it was a bad game from the bigs. Let´s hope they do better next time.

12. ncagg42

ncagg42 Member

To me a player can be hurt or injured. Usually players are always hurt, whether sore back, legs, etc. Being hurt is something that is nagging, but can be played through. I think he is hurt to the extent that he is not 100%.

I do not believe he is injured though. To me being injured is what Tmac, Yao, or Garnett had last season. Just being physically unable to play.

I think Scola will be better very soon.

13. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Scola does not play so great against long, athletic defenders, usually.

14. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I'm thinking timing and rhythm more than anything.

The guy called called for a foul trying to post up Brandon Roy in the high post for basically doing nothing but moving into a post position.

Can't really blame him if his rhythm was thus off.

For comparison purposes, Aldridge was equally put off his game by poor referee'ing. Granted, he shot 5-10 for 11 points to Scola's miserable 1-6, but they both played pretty bad, with LA being the only major negative factor for the Blazers last night (-7 compared to Luis' -8).

Interestingly, Roy was -1...every other Blazer (so everyone but Roy and Aldridge) was positive for the game.

15. Alvin Choo

Alvin Choo Member

Remember the playoffs last season? He played great as a decoy off Yao for the first 8 games, and he holds his ground against the Lakers after Yao when down.

16. Shaud

Shaud Member

Truth.

Scola is still a good player but of course he is going to be a lot better with Yao in the lineup.

17. mrfirefly7

mrfirefly7 Member

A lot of him mid-range jump shots are not there because Yao is out. His main offense will only consist of post up and he will have to deal with double team from time to time.

18. abc2007

abc2007 Member

When Scola played with Hayes, he was always doubled. He is not good at playing double team. If Scola plays with Landry or Andersen, he would be better. But, I am not sure how our denfense would go.

19. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

He's just rusty...

20. Seth

Seth Member

I think that when scola plays with hayes he should only be used for pick n rolls or pick n pop plays.

We must play him with Andersen. If not, when scola is doubled he has only 3 passing options, cause hayes is not.