1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

need for worry?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Ariza4MVP, Oct 27, 2009.

1. Malcolm

Malcolm Member

If I'm a Blazer fan I'd panic because they front line is bigger and supposedly better than the Rockets they should have dominated but me being a Rockets game I'm actually impressed.

2. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Ariza4MVP.. lmao! Username fail..

3. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

With a name like Ariza4MVP, no wonder you are panicking a bit. :)

4. thadeus

thadeus Contributing Member

so, what was the name of that club that your drunk buddy got roughed up in?

5. Pete Chilcutt

Pete Chilcutt Contributing Member

I worry more about your thread more then anything.

ULTIMATE KNEE JERK

6. BrownBeast99

BrownBeast99 Member

The Blazer should panic for not being able to put us away. The Mavs should panic for losing at home to the Wizards. The Cavs should panic for losing their first home game when they barely lost one all of last season.

Not the Rockets. Losing by under 10pts do one of the best road teams in the league without Tmac/Yao and being severely undersized is something to be viewed as a positive.

7. meh

meh Contributing Member

Am I the only one who don't care if we lose? Because it just means higher draft position?

Honestly, I only care about the development of our young players. The emphasis has to be on NEXT year. And as long as everything goes smoothly in preparation for next year, the scoreboard doesn't really matter with me.

8. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

man, watching the rox tonight was frustrating.....

Landry--give back 1 game's salary for not showing up.
    Scola-did nothing, no refund necessary
    Budinger had the butterflys which is to be expected, had a nice cut to the hole with a slam...
    Andersen with a 3 ball, loved it
    Brooks--calm down bro
    Pops--did nothing
    Shane--did nothing
    Chuck--all heart, all beast
    Ariza--did nothing
    Lowry-fearless, heart

9. cst_chenchen

cst_chenchen Member

Totally agree! we have nothing to lose, just play hard and do our best. :D

10. T-Yao

T-Yao Member

it's one game...i need to worry about you...for every game we lose if you post, this will become a nightmare

11. MourningWood

MourningWood Contributing Member

Not really - Chuck deserves respect for his hard work and high basketball iq, but he's a serious liability on the floor.

Blazers' small forwards and big men consistently skyed over our 6'6'' starting center for boards, pushed him around for deep position in the paint (Oden was literally standing under the basket with Chuck on his back on numerous occasions, and he's atrocious on the offensive end (he had one fluid finish at the rim)... he's not the defensive force that numerous fans on this board tend to believe. There's a reason we were destroyed on the glass, but the problem is we don't really have an alternative. Gortat would've been a much better piece on this team than Ariza.

12. Naija Texan

Naija Texan Member

Honestly, my only worry is that Adelman seems posed to run Aaron Brooks into the ground. Dude played 41 minutes according to the box score, I couldn't believe that although I did watch most of the 2nd and 4th quarter and saw him a lot but damn, is Adelman trying to kill him?

I get he is our most reliable scorer, Scola was off and Budinger sucked early in the game taking his shots but you shouldn't treat your best starting offensive player and only one of two PGs on your roster to so many minutes. I'm hoping that Ariza or Chase improve their ball handling skills so more to give both Lowry and Brooks some rest. Ironically McGrady would be ideal for brief spots of playing point forward.

13. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Member

Should change your name to "Ariza4TOV/G"

14. janpwnz

janpwnz Member

I am only worry about the fact that there's a lack of a "go-to" guy on our team. Last year we seemed to get quality shots 75% of the time because of Yao's dominance in the post. This year we will need to execute our offense in order to get some good shots. Oh well, there's a 40mil shade on the sheet so i wouldn't worry. The only worry i am getting is rather T-mac taking a paycut to have a chance at the ring or he will simply walk off to some other team. Remember T-mac, we were the only team that took the champ to 7 games!! remember!!!!!!!! RAWRRRR!!

15. PeppermintCandy

It shows this team's dire need for a scoring guard. I'm not convinced that Ariza can develop into one, but he's our best alternative to Brooks at this point.

I expect Adelman to bring down Brooks's minutes against GSW tonight and get Ariza and others more involved.

16. MourningWood

We could really use von wafer's aggressive mentality on the offensive end of the floor right about now.. how in the hell did morey let that kid go overseas knowing we had no firepower offensively?? carroll dawson would've locked his ass up for 3-5 years, and traded for j-rich while he was at it. i question morey's conservative approach sometimes... morey's soaked up every last ounce of fame and credit for the way he runs the show and his value of high iq, efficient, hard working players (battier and hayes most notably), but that's not going to cut it this year, maybe in '10-'11 when yao returns. time to nut up, and make some drastic changes. move #1: trade battier

17. PeppermintCandy

Morey is not looking for stopgap measures. He's made this clear this off-season when he didn't outbid for guys like Gortat, overpay Wafer or trade for older veteran help.

IMO, this season's goal is to evaluate current talent and maintain cap flexibility to make moves in the future. We're not going to see any drastic moves to "save" this season.

18. MourningWood

AB0 needs an up-tempo big (Amare or Bosh) to run with him.

actually, to hell with this season. Hello, John Wall

19. MD_in_Training

We'll probably be in the hunt for John Wall whether we want to be or not. However, from what I've seen, he doesn't look nearly as good as Rose, and doesn't seem to have as good a head on his shoulders either.

20. s3ts

s3ts Member

did anybody else feel like we're going to live and die by AB's shooting percentage?

i'm really upset about that.