1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Scola, the 2nd most dirty player?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by All On Red, Sep 23, 2009.

1. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

Dear the journalist,

Please learn something about dirty player, then start write this kind of article. Scola never try to injure a player, and I do not think he even get a fine in the NBA games. Clearly you like a soft player playing the games without any contacts.

2. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

The person who wrote it never used the word "dirty". That came from the OP of this thread.

http://nba.fanhouse.com/2009/09/21/for-starters-help-for-replacements-top-five-foulers-in-nba/

It's supposed to be a list of the "top 5 foulers". Scola gets on there because, the author believes, he fouls constantly without getting called for it.

Andrei Kirilenko can be called a flopper, a whiner, maybe even "dirty", but he is not an excessive fouler. He doesn't belong on this list.

3. tinywang

tinywang Contributing Member

A dirty player would be Derek Fisher.

4. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Contributing Member

Bowen?

Whatever. scola plays hard, and flops too much, but I wouldn't call him dirty at all. And how Fisher makes 6th man behind him after that stuff he pulled last year is beyond me.

I guess it's like the news... so many people trying to make a living off it, there's just a bunch of tripe out there that has no credibility.

5. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Guys, he is pretty bad. He has opposing PF and C mad at him every single night so he must be doing something. It's a testament to just how good he is that we (or the refs) don't see most of it. I'm just glad he is on our side.

6. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

Top 5 foulers or floppers, then I have to agree with this. But as a rocket fan, we all know Scola plays hard in every game under the NBA rules,almost all of us love him. I do not think we care what else other people say.

7. burnnotice

burnnotice Rookie

He commits the same fouls he did when he first joined The Rockets and was coming off the bench. We all know the refs are crooked and I'm sure David Stern sent a memo out so Scola could stay on the floor. The NBA needs to make that $$$ overseas you know. Ginobili, look at that guy. Travels. Drives into the defense with nowhere to go and they let him goto the line the majority of the time. You breath on Dirk Nowitzki and they call a foul.

8. drobsnightmare

This list is weak--how does Matt Harpring not make the list?

1 person likes this.
  9. joegoroxy

joegoroxy Member

ummm he plays hard on every possession but as far as "dirty" he is not.

10. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I wish that crazy NBA conspiracy theories like this didn't always seem so true.

11. txppratt

txppratt Contributing Member

it's called:

H U $ T L E

12. Slimjim19

Slimjim19 Member

That's some bull***** list you got there.

No Kirilenko? Bowen? Kobe is pretty dirty too.

13. JordanL

JordanL Member

I don't know about violent, but as a Portland fan I definitely think he's more physical than the game allows for. One instance that comes to mind was during a jump ball (don't think this was against Portland) where Scola literally shoved the guy he was getting position on out of the way.

The guy in question didn't like that, threw an arm, and the ref who only caught the second action awarded a tech to the other guy. Scola looked on, and I think he genuinely didn't know what he did wrong.

I don't think he's dirty, because I don't think he does it on purpose. But he seems to have poor body control when it comes to contact with other players.

14. djimi

djimi Member

yeah when i read the first thread my first thought was.....kobe has to be no.1!! but then, NBA always protects stars cos they are the NBA's favourite child. i still remember wat kobe did to Shane!! n wat bout AK or the entire Jazz team?

man i so hate it when they they talk bad bout our players!! i hope scola shows the entire NBA how good he can be when the offense is concentrated on him.

15. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Scola probably wasn't even the top fouler on the team last season... that honor goes to Ron Artest-- at least opposing wing players seem to think so. I read about quite a bit of b****ing about Ron getting away with fouls.

16. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

It doesn't matter what they call him,as long as he does his job well. I think he will struggle when he becomes the focal point on offense,but he will eventually figure out a way to be effective.