1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

UFC Fight Night (Wed) and New Ultimate Fighter

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by RedRowdy111, Sep 14, 2009.

1. RedRowdy111

RedRowdy111 Contributing Member

The UFC Fight Night 19 presentation on Spike TV will be immediately followed by the season premiere of The Ultimate Fighter 10: Heavyweights.

FIGHT CARD:

Spike TV

- Nate Diaz vs. Melvin Guillard
    - Roger Huerta vs. Gray Maynard
    - Carlos Condit vs. Chris Lytle
    - Nate Quarry vs. Tim Credeur

Prelims

- Steve Cantwell vs. Brian Stann
    - Chris Wilson vs. Mike Pyle
    - Ed Herman vs. Aaron Simpson
    - Jeremy Stephens vs. Justin Buchholz
    - Ryan Jensen vs. Steve Steinbeiss

------------------------------------------------------
    I cant wait to see Kimbo get owned by a nobody!

Sucks Huerta is retiring after this fight. He is a great fighter and really looked forward to him facing BJ Penn. Dude, is going to do acting in Hollywood instead.

2. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Never watched Ultimate Fighter but I will be tuning in this season just for Kimbo. Either to see Kimbo kick ass or see Kimbo get his ass kicked. Whichever one it is, it will be entertaining. I'm actually rooting for Kimbo though.

3. Prince

Prince Member

Nice. thanks for the heads up.

4. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

Kimbo isn't the best fighter in the world, but the dude has 'it'. I don't know if I would have watched the season without him. But I won't miss it now that he's on.

Quite the coup for Dana to have him go through show, instead of just adding him to the UFC fight card. Now Dana can point and say Kimbo earned to fight in the UFC, if ever accused of just putting on a spectacle, while also getting a bigger audience for the show/fights from having Kimbo earn his spurs.

Of course, it will be hilarious if he gets sent home after the first match.

5. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

It would help if you put down the time and date (i know, Wed... but WHICH WED?) :p

6. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Kimbo is a cool dude. I'm glad he is making his money after a hard life...

7. MoBalls

MoBalls Contributing Member

[​IMG]

8. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

But is that this year? or 2015?

9. MoBalls

I think 2016.

10. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

I woner if they are going to "protect" Kimbo so as to keep him on as long as possible for ratings. I'm not sure if Dana would rather have the ratings with Kimbo staying on as long as possible or if he would rather have Kimbo destroyed quickly in order to further legitimize the sport and the skill level of its "real" prospective and current fighters.

11. RedRowdy111

Um, yeah, and before you ask we are central time here in Texas. So the Fight Night starts at 7pm and The Ultimate Fighter starts after that, at about 9pm, both on Spike TV. Geez.

12. RedRowdy111

I see Dana riding it out as long as he can. $$$$$

13. Asian Sensation

Kimbo is gonna draw ratings. He's one of those people that naturally draws attention. This season will be the most watched in terms of ratings and it's gonna be cause of Kimbo (having Rampage doesn't hurt either). I'd be pretty surprised if Kimbo doesn't win the Ultimate Fighter as he's already ahead of the curve skill/strength/talent wise .. especially in the heavyweight division where good fighters/prospects are few and far between.

14. MoBalls

Joke?

15. FlyerFanatic

FlyerFanatic YOU BOYS LIKE MEXICO!?! YEEEHAAWW
    Supporting Member

i heard this season they arent doing the fight in's, mainly because most of the fighters are people who have mma/wrestling backgrounds. i guess some of the contestants are from some other mma organization that went under. so i dont know how much ahead of the curve kimbo will be, if thats the case

16. farrisdabis

farrisdabis Member

Kimbo definitely isn't the favorite. Roy Nelson is in the house and is the favorite to win it all. There are also sleeper guys like Brendan Schaub who played for the Bills trains with Shane Carwin and Nate Marquardt.

17. RedRowdy111

My prediction is that Kimbo wins his first fight and loses the second.

The fight night should be decent. No huge names on their but some good up and coming fighters.

18. MrRolo

MrRolo Contributing Member

There's no reason to bash Kimbo at all. He's a true fighter learning to be a martial artist. He's humble and dedicated. He never claimed to be the best or baddest dude.. he has always claimed that he's there to fight, win or lose. I wish more were like him.

19. deekay209

deekay209 Contributing Member

If Kimbo somehow earns himself a contract, I can already see a Brock vs Kimbo right brewing.

20. Asian Sensation

Exactly... he's just trying to make a living coming from an every day struggle. The dude used to live in his car, does security for pr0n, he's built like a tank... is an internet legend that came out of nowhere and he's getting a helluva late start (in UFC) at age 35. What's not to like about the guy?

If he had a collegiate wrestling background and or started professionally training MMA (instead of strictly coming from a strict street fighting only background) at an earlier age he'd have "Made It" a long time ago. The guy is the true definition of an "Underdog" yet Elite XC portrayed him as a top dog Prize fighter and tarnished his image with many casual fans and strong followers of MMA.