1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What is your late bloom? (Sports, Hobby, etc.)

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by ROXRAN, Sep 14, 2009.

Tags:
  1. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

...Of course with my daughters into soccer (one in select, the other in recreation), I got in it...A year and a half ago, I didn't know anything. Now my daughters' teammates ask her if I am a pro player since I often use the opportunity during practice to work on juggling skills. I kinda took it up very quickly...(I guess my quick shooting reflexs translated to this)...

Some of the other lazy parents in their folding chairs make nice comments about my skills, but of course I get the occasional, "Don't pull a hamstring, your not 20 anymore"...whatever.. jealous.

I am thinking of getting in a league this year for adults, but I may not since I often work Saturdays...

Well ...what has been your thing later rather than earlier?

2. RedRowdy111

RedRowdy111 Contributing Member

Currently writing a novel about a man writing a novel about a man writing a novel.

3. MrRolo

MrRolo Contributing Member

Muay Thai kickboxing.. ugh I wish I was 15 again...

4. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Guitar. I picked it up last year at the age of 24.

Lovin' it.

5. meggoleggo

meggoleggo Contributing Member

Movies, TV, and Music. I picked it up about 6 years ago, and I'm loving it! So much to catch up on!

1 person likes this.
  6. yuantian

yuantian Contributing Member

playing guitar. started about 3 years ago. a guy that i work with studied under Joe Satriani. one on one lessons. he was in a death metal band in west coast. jammed together with a drummer. it was awesome. wish i am still in elementary school so i can get better fast. i didn't know a thing about music at all. now i can play full songs. not too fast or complicated though. loving it. :)

7. 111chase111

111chase111 Contributing Member

Cycling for me. I started cycling on a hybrid bike about 7 years ago or so with the goal of riding the MS150. I've done four subsequently (but probably won't do any more cause it's so crowded) and ride two or three times (+) a week. Now I have a nice Litespeed roadbike with over 10,000 miles on it.

8. the futants

the futants Contributing Member

Playing the drums. I didn't touch a set until about 24 (I'm almost 39 now). It came somewhat naturally and within a year or so I was in a band. Loving it.

9. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

dating high school seniors

10. Tb-Cain

Tb-Cain Member

women. :D i married young, divorced after 14 years. been single almost 3 years now. life is good.

11. RocketRaccoon

RocketRaccoon Contributing Member

As far as sports, hobby and such, I haven't changed much, still doing the same thing but with a different style or attitude.

I don't know if this fits in your question but Marriage is something I'm excelling at now...I'm a late blooming husband! :)

(too bad the other three never got to enjoy this particular me)

12. Microfridge

Microfridge Contributing Member

Lawlz

I didn't know too much about pro football until last year when I started playing fantasy football. Now I know all about certain players..... on the offensive side.

13. bnb

bnb Contributing Member

I don't know about 'blooming' but I learned to skate in my late 30's because my son wants to play hockey. I've also promised to try snowboarding this yr.

And I've never had so much practice at soccer or baseball. I would seriously kick ass if they'd let me play little league again.

Another reason kids are cool. They let you relive your childhood without all the insecurities, pier pressure and challenges kids go through. You just don't recover from injuries so well.

14. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

Woodworking

I’m a pretty fair carpenter and have always been good with wood, but in the last 5 or 6 years (especially after we bought a house that butts up against 15,000 aces of forever wild state land), I’ve been getting into fashioning and carving hiking staffs and walking canes. And now it’s branched out into restoring old furniture. In the last year I’ve done several dressers and two sets of tables and chairs. It’s the perfect “old man’s” hobby.

15. kpsta

kpsta Contributing Member

Also playing guitar for me... I started electric guitar about 7 years ago - and I'm 36 now. Of course, I've played electric bass since 5th grade, and upright bass since 11th grade, but picking up a totally new instrument just opens up so many doors.

16. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

Running, electronic metal music, and veganism take up a lot of my thoughts these days. And yes, I wish I would have had those passions as a teenager.

I've been trying to dabble in keyboarding, but I get discouraged because of how long it would take me to become good.