1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What is the starting lineup?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Francis3422, Sep 9, 2009.

1. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Member

Honest question: How much can you possibly expect on offense from a starting lineup that includes Hayes, Battier, and Ariza? Is mediocrity even within reach? I mean, if we were 14th in offensive rating (points per 100 possessions) with Yao et al, what's our ranking going to be without those guys?

2. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You don't think they will ease him back in at all? Let him come off the bench and test the knee?

3. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Based on the past, no. If they feel he's good enough to play, he's good enough to start. I could be wrong.

4. Landry92

Landry92 Member

Its Crazy how people put Ariza over Battier When Mac is Bak .. I think the staff has alot of faith in ariza slashing and offensive skills so i do expect this lineup :

Aaron Brooks
    Ariza
    Battier
    Scola
    Hayes

I wish for landry to start over hayes .. carl can get us 20 any given night .. and for those who want lowry in the starting lineup .. thats just crazy will average 10 Pts in the 1st quarter and scola will score all of them .. and il bet anyone anderson wont have a 15 Pts game before January .. he's good bt for no given reason he's becoming overrated by clutch people..

5. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Member

Wait, so he isn't the best in the world in his position? I'm confused...

6. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

It's interesting to see that this may be the first time we see a lineup of players only acquired by Morey as the the opening lineup for the first game.

Alston/Wesley/T-Mac/Juwan Howard/Yao

through injury and acquisitions has changed into

AB/Battier/Ariza/Scola/Andersen

It will be a good test of moneyball vs the old way.

7. Chamillionaire

i could really see that happening, especially with the trust between RA and Hayes, but in the end, anderson will start at the 5 with hayes backing him up. i wish hayes was 6'10. he'd be a defensive hawk.

8. Firebomb525

Firebomb525 Member

PG: Brooks
    SG: Ariza
    SF: Battier
    PF: Scola
    C: Hayes until Andersent can prove he is starter-material.

9. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

PG: McGrady
    SG: McGrady
    SF: McGrady
    PF: McGrady
    C: McGrady

:p

10. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

fixed.

11. Francis 4 ever

not a fair test of morey's skills without tmac/yao

12. Trip

Trip Member

I got the Lindy's Season Preview mag yesterday and they have Brent Barry penciled in as the favorite to start at SG. And Scola at center with Landry at PF.

Then again, they repeatedly said we beat the Jazz last season in the first round, so they really don't know what they're talking about.

13. astros148

astros148 Member

lmao chuck hayes/anderson is starting in the NBA. sad

14. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Cheer up, it is not as sad as 2004-2006's power forward selections.

15. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

The Rockets reached agreement on non-guaranteed contracts with guards Will Conroy and Garrett Temple, players who excelled with the Rockets summer league team and who will help round out the training camp roster, Rockets general manager Daryl Morey said.
    Both would be considered longshots to make the Rockets regular-season roster, with forward/center Pops Mensah-Bonsu the most likely of the players with non-guaranteed players to stick with the team heading into the season.
    The Rockets are not likely to sign either until shortly before players must report Sept. 28, though Temple has been working out with the Rockets training staff throughout the summer and Conroy joined the workouts on Friday.
    Temple was undrafted out of LSU after last season. Conroy, a 6-2 point guard, was a first-team All NBA-Development League team player, averaging 26.5 points and setting the D-League record of 53 points in a game. The all-time assists leader at the University of Washington, he has had brief stints in the NBA with the Los Angeles Clippers and Memphis Grizzlies.
    Barring other changes, the Rockets would have 19 players under contract when Conroy and Temple sign. With two of their three centers – Joey Dorsey and Mensah-Bonsu – also working at power forward, the Rockets could also add a center before training camp.