1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Comcast internet in 77090

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by joesr, Sep 7, 2009.

1. joesr

joesr Member

I live off 1960. My internet with Comcast is always on and off. When it is on, no doubt, it is fast. But when it 'dies' down it can stay 'off' for minutes at a time.

At first the occurrence was random and not too often but lately its like every 5 minutes it will die out and stay out for a minute or two.

The company says it is bad connections within the apartment complex and cant do anything about? Is that true??? does the apartment have to remodel it and basically i know they will say no way, tough luck. Or what to do?!?!?!

I'm getting frustrated and I swear I am about to break this cable modem.

Or is this just Houstons way of cable??

**** I miss COX, never thought I would hear myself say that.

2. Pete Chilcutt

Pete Chilcutt Contributing Member

Hey I used to have comcast and i also live in that zip code. I had the same problem so we swtiched to ATT U-verse about 2 years ago...Comcast really was bad..

3. mbiker

mbiker Member

Reseat all the connections in your apartment building. If that does not work, it could be your cable modem. Recently, I experienced the same symptoms that you are currently experiencing. When I replaced the cable modem, the problems went away.

4. MrRolo

MrRolo Contributing Member

I had internet problems in the 77090 area code with comcast too.. they told me the same thing... you have to find a different provider unfortunately :( I just stuck with comcast and figured out a better way to live with it and expect it..

5. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Been with Comcast since they existed... well technically, I've had cable since about 2002... when RoadRunner/Time Warner Cable existed. I've only had two issues with both services... one was way back with TWC, a wire was defected, they solved it pretty easily by installing a new one. The second time was just recently, about a month ago, it was mysterious. They tried to fix it after it kept going off by putting a new wire outside (just like TWC did back about 4 years ago), but that didn't work. They put a new modem, and I think that was the solution... my internet works fine now, it's fast... besides those two things... which weren't really major, I haven't had much problems with Comcast at all. I think maybe 1 service area outage since they have existed here. The only other internet I think I can get here is Verizon, which sucks.... unless FIOS is available now (highly doubt that though).

6. smoove shoez

smoove shoez Member

Right now I have yahoo DSl and last night the modem stop working. So now I have to use dial up until I can get a new dsl modem. I was thinking about getting the comcast internet. They have that special 3 play cable phone and internet. But in the mean time is there anyway I can speed up this dial up.

7. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Stop wasting your time, get UVerse. If you sign up online you get all kinds of cash back.

8. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Ditto this.

9. joesr

joesr Member

I think we had Uverse when we first moved here (or maybe we were waiting for them to come out and Comcast was able to come faster........I know we had Uverse at the last place and they had a problem were it was similar but not as bad, not even near as bad.)

Maybe we will have to switch out because I think I found a gray hair :( damn stressful Comcast.

10. smoove shoez

smoove shoez Member

I'm back in business I bought a dsl modem from craigslist. It seems like its running smoover/ faster than before. I thought it was my old computer that was giving out on me come to find out it was the modem. I just did a speed test i'm getting 2.44mbs.