1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Parents Don't want Kids listening to Obama Speech

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by pgabriel, Sep 2, 2009.

1. Franchise2001

Franchise2001 Contributing Member

LOL EPIC

Request: aunt jamimabear09 syrup please

2. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

Colored lady go poof?

3. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

can someone photoshop his phase onto Dr Gates "I'm only a black woman in America."

4. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

my friends keep wondering why i spend so much time on this bbs

oh man this is just pure gold

5. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Bush Sr. wasn't president in 2001.

1 person likes this.
  6. rhadamanthus

rhadamanthus Contributing Member

"This is what happens to a white man posing as a black woman in America!"

7. rjh2000

rjh2000 Contributing Member

Obama Will Urge Kids to Go to Private School
    The Washington Examiner ^ | 9/4/2009 | Scott Ott

Posted on Friday, September 04, 2009 12:54:12 PM by Servant of the Cross

News fairly unbalanced. We report. You decipher. [this means satire, capiche?]

A draft copy of President Barack Obama's planned September 8 address to America's public school children, tells students that "If you want to grow up to be like me, you should beg your parents to put you in private school, right now."

Although Obama attended public school in Indonesia early in life, he soon switched to a private Catholic school, and from fifth grade through graduation went to a private college-prep school in Hawaii. His own daughters now attend a private school in Washington D.C.

"Do you think you're going to get into Harvard University with your one-size-fits-all public school diploma?" the president will reportedly say. "Come on! Don't make me laugh. You'll be lucky to survive through graduation. Seriously, you gotta get out of this mediocrity machine. Go ahead! Get up right now. Run for the door. What are you waiting for?"

While the White House would not confirm the content of the leaked speech draft, a spokesman acknowledged that "You don't get to be as smart and cool as Barack Obama by sitting in P.S. 152, listening to some union lackey droning on, and then eating government surplus in the cafeteria."

On Tuesday, the president will bypass parents, taking his message directly to kids in the classroom "in hopes that you'll pester Mom until she gets a second job to pay private-school tuition so you can escape the swirling vortex of ignorance and despair that is our government-run school system."

"The only thing standing between you and success," the president will allegedly say, "is the mentality that the government will take care of you. Once you shake that, there's no limit to your achievement. Pay any price. Bear any burden. Just get your fanny out of that fiberglass chair, go buy yourself an Oxford shirt, a pair of slacks and a clip-on tie, and go to a place that faces constant economic pressure to improve."

8. MoBalls

MoBalls Contributing Member

Strong Black women like baylorbear09 need respect! Leave her, I mean him, wait.....Mazyar, can you check for us?

This is a good Friday.

9. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

[slight thread derail]To the person who repped me - Yes I am[/slight thread derail]

10. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Note to self: never post high-resolution photo of self on BBS and then continue my habit of making sh-- that is to say start telling lies.

11. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Apologies for the pixels. Computer has no backlight so it's hard for me to get it right.

[​IMG]

12 people like this.
  12. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Thats incredible.

13. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

^

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to justtxyank again

yes

14. rhadamanthus

rhadamanthus Contributing Member

There is some serious comedy gold in this thread.

15. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I gave serious consideration to using that quote instead.

16. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You may wear panties, but you are certainly not a female...or black...

17. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Governor Tim Pawlenty weighs in:

http://www.startribune.com/politics/state/57249992.html?elr=KArksUUUycaEacyU

Pawlenty sides with critics
    By RACHEL E. STASSEN-BERGER, Star Tribune

Last update: September 4, 2009 - 11:44 AM
    Minnesota Gov. Tim Pawlenty today gave his support to parents and schools wary about showing President Obama's televised back-to-school address in classrooms next week.

Pawlenty said that showing the address, slated to be telecast at 11 a.m. Central Time on Tuesday, could be disruptive and raises concerns "about the content and the motive," he said on WCCO radio early this morning. He also said that the speech is "uninvited."

Some school officials and parents have questioned whether the Obama speech will be appropriately non-political. Minnesota's two largest school districts are allowing teachers and administrators to decide whether to show the speech in their classrooms.

"At a minimum it's disruptive, number two, it's uninvited and number three, if people would like to hear his message they can, on a voluntary basis, go to YouTube or some other source and get it. I don't think he needs to force it upon the nation's school children," Pawlenty said at the State Fair during a brief interview with members of the media.

On the radio, Pawlenty said he understood the address would encourage school children to write to the president.

"There are going to be questions about -- well, what are they are going to do with those names and is that for the purpose of a mailing list?" the governor said.

In a lesson plan distributed by the U.S. Department of Education, it encouraged students to send letters to the White House describing how they will help support the president.

In the face of criticism, the department dropped that suggestion earlier this week.

The White House's release about the speech does not say airing it is required.
    "We want to make sure that as many schools and classrooms nationwide can participate in this special opportunity, so we are making the President's address and all the information that comes with it available as widely as possible," says the White House's media page at www.whitehouse.gov/mediaresources/. The media page offers a menu of options for how to watch the speech and "classroom engagement resources."

In an interview, Pawlenty acknowledged that the White House isn't forcing schools to show the speech and some schools will not be doing so. But, he said the way the White House handled the speech was "ham-fisted."

"I'm just saying it should be the students' or the parents' choice," Pawlenty said.

Previous presidents have also prepared speeches designed to be shown in schools.

"I don't think it's wrong for the president to speak on education issues, you've just got to be careful about how you do it so you don't look like you are using the public school infrastructure for a political purpose," Pawlenty said.

Rachel E. Stassen-Berger • 651-292-0164

18. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah, that NewYorker fellow - the Indian guy who really was Indian. What a liar

:rolleyes:

19. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

Don't roll your eyes and don't pretend you didn't lie about your race. You did it, you own it. Take your licks and move on.

20. Landlord Landry

[​IMG]

5 people like this.